TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Windy!

I grew up in Evanston - one block from the Lake.

What a great city. Steaks - pizza - the blues - parks - the El.

I still have a cousin in a condo there. I need to visit her.

Hope you had a good time.

The Windy!

I can hardly wait for page 196

Over last weekend, I decided to get out of the brutal heat and go to the Arizona high country. A small town called Heber had a parade and fire works show. I joined the AZ Cobra club with my GT500 in the parade and had a ball. The parade route was on the main highway and was about 2 miles long, closed by the Highway Patrol for the parade.

Both sides of the road were filled with people.

Later the night, we sat on the cool grass of the motel and watched a wonderful aerial fireworks show. It was as spectacular as the "big city". I don't know how this small town was able to afford it.

I am posting just a few pictures of the Friday night dinner at one of the club members cabins. I may post other pics later, for now I trying to be conservative.

post-6239-1183670159_thumb.jpgpost-6239-1183670171_thumb.jpgpost-6239-1183670184_thumb.jpgpost-6239-1183670216_thumb.jpg

post-6239-1183670159_thumb.jpg

post-6239-1183670171_thumb.jpg

post-6239-1183670184_thumb.jpg

post-6239-1183670216_thumb.jpg

I can hardly wait for page 196

Funny - but true! This thread is like a novel being written in real time.

If y'all have some time - scroll back aways and pick up the action. We have humor - drama - sadness - and joy. What a ride, y'all.

Over last weekend, I decided to get out of the brutal heat and go to the Arizona high country. A small town called Heber had a parade and fire works show. I joined the AZ Cobra club with my GT500 in the parade and had a ball. The parade route was on the main highway and was about 2 miles long, closed by the Highway Patrol for the parade.

Both sides of the road were filled with people.

Later the night, we sat on the cool grass of the motel and watched a wonderful aerial fireworks show. It was as spectacular as the "big city". I don't know how this small town was able to afford it.

I am posting just a few pictures of the Friday night dinner at one of the club members cabins. I may post other pics later, for now I trying to be conservative.

post-6239-1183670159_thumb.jpgpost-6239-1183670171_thumb.jpgpost-6239-1183670184_thumb.jpgpost-6239-1183670216_thumb.jpg

Killin me over here. All of those Cobras!! If I ever hit Lotto - that's what I'll buy first. A 427SC. Side exhaust. No a/c. No stereo. No power anything. Big Block. Big Brakes. Lots of G's!! Thanks for sharing, Carnut!

Forgot to add that the car parade looked like major league fun on the 4'th. I would have needed a drool bucket around all those Cobras. That's one of those designs that will always look modern and definately cool.

I feel for you with those high temperatures. My motto is: When the going gets hot, get high :hysterical2:

The Windy!

We had a great time. I grew up in Wheaton. The weather was great, we saw the a lot of other family and the Cubs win for a change.

Hey Ruf - Hows the little Italian Stallion doing? :hysterical:

Thanks for asking!

Bugatti is just amazing. He's a very bright guy. He climbs up the back stoop like he's 6 months old! I had to spend weeks teaching his older brother, Tony, how to climb - one step at a time! This guy just followed his bro's up the stairs!

And - he's just about house-broken. He only has a mistake if we oversleep!

He jumps and romps and bites. He chases our 40lb Corgi around the yard! Snapping at his butt!

What a joy for Christine. :happy feet:

I thought you said you grew up in New Britian? Or maybe lived there for a while. Geez, where haven't you been?

Clarification:

0-10 -- Chicago.

10-41 --- Norwalk, New Britain, Plainville CT.

41-42 -- Charlotte.

42-49 -- Wilmington NC

49-current - Washington NC.

Woo Hoo! :happy feet:

Thanks for asking!

Bugatti is just amazing. He's a very bright guy. He climbs up the back stoop like he's 6 months old! I had to spend weeks teaching his older brother, Tony, how to climb - one step at a time! This guy just followed his bro's up the stairs!

And - he's just about house-broken. He only has a mistake if we oversleep!

He jumps and romps and bites. He chases our 40lb Corgi around the yard! Snapping at his butt!

What a joy for Christine. :happy feet:

Can't wait to see your Corgi. We are dog lovers....and Corgi was our 2nd choice behind the Sheltie. Don't feed him any Spam or beans the day before we come. :redcard:

:cry:

I just became a new member and read the forum rules and thought it said no personal attacks?

:hysterical2::hysterical::hysterical2:

Wow, your not supposed to get 'personally attacked' until your 10th post then your an 'official' member..... :hysterical2::hysterical2:

Welcome to the Site!! :happy feet:

Why thank you.

That is a nice Mustang you have there, why is there a model by it?

:hysterical:

Thanks for the compliment!! :rolleyes: Oh for the car too!! :hysterical2:

Archived