TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

Systemoverload by ................ fill in the blank! :hysterical2:

:headscratch: Let me fill in the blank for ya, would that be SEXYSTANG!!!!!! :cheerleader::hysterical:

I just realized something this my first post in Ruf's Garage, :redcard: very 'interesting' garage you have here Ruf.......... :hysterical2:

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep - that's the first (and disappointing) dyno vid!

How did you find the other link?!!

Good one, Alloy Dave! :hysterical2:

I needed a laugh...tough day today. The medicine they gave me for the gout has a bad side affect. I won't go into details...but I lost 5 pounds IN ONE DAY today.

Dave

Edit:

Pasted in ****

DRUG CLASS AND MECHANSIM: Colchicine is a medication for acute gout. In acute gouty, there is a marked inflammatory response to the presence of uric acid crystals, causing severe pain, redness and swelling of the affected joint(s). Colchicine is useful in suppressing the inflammation (arthritis) in acute gout.

PREPARATIONS: Tablets: .5mg, .6mg. Colchicine can also be given intravenously.

PRESCRIBED FOR: Colchicine is used to treat acute flares of gouty arthritis and to prevent recurrent acute attacks. It is also used to treat the inflammation of pseudogout, and other uncommon diseases, such as familial Mediterranean fever, amyloidosis, and scleroderma.

DOSING: Should be taken with cheez whiz.

SIDE EFFECTS: The most common side effects of colchicine involve the stomach and bowel and are dose related. These include nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and diarrhea :redcard: . One of the most worrisome side effects of colchicine is that it can damage the bone marrow causing severe anemia and seriously low white blood counts, thereby increasing the risk of infections. All patients taking colchicine long-term require blood count monitoring. Colchicine can also cause hair loss, weakness, and nerve irritation.

Ok, so I admit I doctored the part about cheez whiz :hysterical2: ...but the rest is direct from the web.

Dave - are you SURE you need to be taking those meds? Did you get a second opinion? My recent exposure to prescribed meds has me questioning whatever is prescribed for Christine. That stuff sounds serious. I'm concerned. Tell me you'll get another opinion, please.

Dan - be nice to ol' Ruf. I don't sneak around (much) anymore.

KR - Ruf isn't as good as he once was, but he's as good as any man - once!

SS - Welcome to the Garage. Is there ANYTHING I can get you?

Dave - are you SURE you need to be taking those meds? Did you get a second opinion? My recent exposure to prescribed meds has me questioning whatever is prescribed for Christine. That stuff sounds serious. I'm concerned. Tell me you'll get another opinion, please.

Too late....I'm finished with the med...you take it once per hour for 8 hours.

I do ask lots of questions...so I'm confident. I demanded a blood test to confirm diagnosis...and my uric acid level was almost 8....too high according to both the doctor and my internet research (cross checked 3 places on the web).

If it returns (which it likely will), I'll probe deeper to see if they have another medicine that doesn't wreak havoc with my internals.

Dave

Okay. I feel better.

Christine's neuro-doc's PA prescribed some pain meds for her last summer that (combined with other meds she was taking) caused her to have a seizure. An episode so bad (and unexpected) that I had to call 911 for an ambulance. Christine's primary care doc (a family friend) met us at the ER - she took one look at the meds I brought along and said, "Well, she shouldn't be taking these 2 together." (the meds that the PA prescribed)

If the PA had been at the ER that night. I'd be typing this from Cell Block Number 9. You dig?

Thanks for easing my concerns. There are some very good docs and some not so good docs. The problem is knowing whom is whom.

Dan - be nice to ol' Ruf. I don't sneak around (much) anymore.

KR - Ruf isn't as good as he once was, but he's as good as any man - once!

SS - Welcome to the Garage. Is there ANYTHING I can get you?

Yeah 3,291 more replies back in my SexyStang Topic. :hysterical2::hysterical2: Oh and something about being important and placed way at the top of the page?? :superhero::hysterical:

Email me some "pics" and I'll see what I can do. :spiteful:

Perhaps something with a "police" theme? :hysterical2:

[/quote

You mean with wips and handcuffs? I wonder if 'Bribery' is allowed on this site?? :headscratch: Then you would really have 'Police Grabber' after you. :hysterical2:

Oh wait a minute it's probably only allowed in this topic figures. :rolleyes:

I have a date with a pillow with my name all lover it! Probably drool to :hysterical2: I'm outtahere!

Is my Horsey on your pillow? :wub:

Sleep well, KR. Your talent impresses me every day. You do so much to make us smile!

You're family. Hear?

I have a date with a pillow with my name all lover it! Probably drool to :hysterical2: I'm outtahere!

Wanna have a pillow fight without the drool of course.. :hysterical2::hysterical2:

Shhhh....we don't need hotel security....

You have not seen some of our female Hotel Security up here in the Great White North! :happy feet:

You would change your mind in a hurry! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Why do you think Hefner keeps returning? :hysterical2::hysterical:

Yeah, just stay away from the bathroom in the mornings. :redcard:

We'll need a don;t ask, don't smell policy :hysterical:

Dave, curious if your gout acted up just since you've been dieting? Dieting changes the pH of your blood which can cause the crystals to form (the cause of the pain). Sometimes changing your diet a bit to be less/more acidic (I forget which) and drinking more waterwill do the trick. Just a thought... I know it's VERY painfull.... hope it's getting better. When my wife had it she said the pain could drive you nuts.

Dan

Archived