TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

Here we go again. Can you quantify that with how many vettes you've owned. My last Mustang was my 5th. And I will take a vette 9 times out of ten as long as I dont have more than 1 passenger. Also judging by your avatar (providing its real) why would you take premier sports car and cut the roof off? Just thinking out loud

G'day mate :banana piano:

PK

I've owned no vettes because I can't afford one. :finger: And your right, my avatar is fake I own a green Pinto. :hysterical2:

But I do wish that I could be like you. :happy feet: I'll work hard and maybe one day I'll be able to afford something. Wish me luck.

You are correct on cutting the top off though. What dumba$$ would want to ride around in the fresh air on a beautiful day with the top down.

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know my weak spots!

I'd love that glass roof!

I don't think I can persuade wifey to go for it!

First question: "Why do you have to have it?"

I don't have a solid answer.

Are we painting your calipers yellow or red?

I'm thinking red for mine.

MM - where ARE you? St. Thomas?

Right here. I've been priming the garage. Just got sheetrocked. Epoxy on the floor tomorrow. :happy feet:

You know my weak spots!

I'd love that glass roof!

I don't think I can persuade wifey to go for it!

First question: "Why do you have to have it?"

I don't have a solid answer.

Are we painting your calipers yellow or red?

I'm thinking red for mine.

MM - where ARE you? St. Thomas?

Calipers will be red never saw yellow ones I liked.

I've owned no vettes because I can't afford one. :finger: And your right, my avatar is fake I own a green Pinto. :hysterical2:

But I do wish that I could be like you. :happy feet: I'll work hard and maybe one day I'll be able to afford something. Wish me luck.

You are correct on cutting the top off though. What dumba$$ would want to ride around in the fresh air on a beautiful day with the top down.

If you can afford a GT500 conv you can afford a vette. I had a pinto in high school that car sucked glad I got crashed into. It was white and orange and not in a good way like Grabbers ride. You dont have to work hard just keep going to tax free areas a let people try and shoot you and blow you up. Convertibles are cool for the reason you stated. But I heard hard launches take a toll because of the lack of a roof. Just givin ya a hard time though that is a sweet ride. Im waining for Ruf to pick one up so I can get a ride. I have not seen one in person.

MasterMech's Pinto is very nice. He restored it back to original.

Mine whas white with that color stripe "Shelby" style going down the center. It did 0-60 in about half a day it was a 4 speed if I remeber correctly. The interior was a hideous light brown vinyl. And anyone who has never had a vinyl interior in South Florida in the summer has not lived. :hysterical2:

Ruf, who 'pit-pupped' your avatar? ;-) Looks good!

Good talking to you last night on the phone, Dan. I'm having a hard time keeping quiet about our little surprise! Killin me over here. Let me know when we can spill the beans! :happy feet:

Mine whas white with that color stripe "Shelby" style going down the center. It did 0-60 in about half a day it was a 4 speed if I remeber correctly. The interior was a hideous light brown vinyl. And anyone who has never had a vinyl interior in South Florida in the summer has not lived. :hysterical2:

See ya at 11 - any trouble finding us - just give a call.

Seafood :happy feet: Seafood :happy feet: Seafood :happy feet:

Update on Tana's mom Barb. :(

The internist DR. just called and talked to Tana and I on the phone for 20 minutes. This is what he said:

They are discontinueing the lasics and have removed her cathider as she has been complaining about it for over a week now. The good news is that they removed 1.3 litres of water from her body. They are doing this because they now want to make her comfortable. All the drug experiments have either not worked or created a bad reaction. This has caused her to hallucinate on a regular basis. The doctor says that she is not as confused today since they took her off some of the experimental drugs. Barb's BP is 114 and her HR is 120 - 130. She is stable and now they want to make her comfortable.

He said we have a appointment with the Cardiac Doctor tomorrow after the wedding to have a family discussion on the path forward from here. He said that the other Doctor will discuss the slight possibility of doing a "Cardiac catherderisation" but not sure how risky that operation would be to her or if it would work.

He then went on to talk to us about sending her home and having Hospice and family help her. I asked him how long would she have to live after she went home and he said 2 weeks to a couple months, but under 6 months.

I will know more tomorrow after the "path forward" meeting at the hospital.

Good talking to you last night on the phone, Dan. I'm having a hard time keeping quiet about our little surprise! Killin me over here. Let me know when we can spill the beans! :happy feet:

Same here, Bryan!

Still cooking the beans -- but they will be 'done' by Tues evening come hell or highwater ;-)

...contain yourself, Mr. Ruf :)

Carnut - make something happen!

Grabber - Keep us updated. Sounds like some decisions will have to be made. Be strong my friend.

Dan - Hurry up!!

Orf - you didn't tell me the camera also does video! Woo Hoo! (Christine found that out today while we were cruising with PK and his Co-Pilot.

Here's a few pics from earlier today.

post-4913-1183315496_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1183315542_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1183315589_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1183315631_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1183315496_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1183315542_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1183315589_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1183315631_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Rob.

I took PK to a little place in Belhaven for lunch. The place is called Fish Hooks. What I didn't know was all they have on Sundays is a buffet - with fried chicken - sliced pork - and some fried shrimp! Bummer.

The cook told me the fried chicken was fried Lobster and I went for it! What a dope! They fry shrimp - scallops - flounder - why not lobster? :hysterical2:

On the way home, we stopped in Bath (NC's first town) - and sat by the creek for a bit. Nice day for a cruise.

See ya at 11 - any trouble finding us - just give a call.

Seafood :happy feet: Seafood :happy feet: Seafood :happy feet:

You mean

Chicken :happy feet: Pork :happy feet: Mac and cheese :happy feet:

We did have a good time though hope Christine gets to feelin better

You mean

Chicken :happy feet: Pork :happy feet: Mac and cheese :happy feet:

We did have a good time though hope Christine gets to feelin better

:chairshot: Pipe Down, Vette Boy!

Where else you gonna get fried Lobster that tastes like chicken? :hysterical2:

Christine is out cold on a sofa. Too much heat today - but she enjoyed meeting your co-pilot!

You should have heard the clerks talk about the cars when we stopped for a bottle of pop!

Wonder how SB's making out with the big party? I wish I would have thought about crashing the party before we left the house! Woulda been cool.

Back to the Race -

Girly car? :chairshot:

Bet you wouldn't call it that in front of him. :hysterical2:

That bra is cool. It's like SB's. It's not the typical one - this one is a fine mesh fabric like pantyhose to let in the air but catch the bugs.

Where's the pics of your stereo install, wise guy?

Girly car? :chairshot:

Bet you wouldn't call it that in front of him. :hysterical2:

That bra is cool. It's like SB's. It's not the typical one - this one is a fine mesh fabric like pantyhose to let in the air but catch the bugs.

Where's the pics of your stereo install, wise guy?

Ruf,

Glad to see you and PK (and the wives too) had a good time today. I see PK got his nose mask installed.

I can tell that you are loving the digital camera.

We had a big time today except for the wind. Too rough for the water toys. Now I am beat. :finger:

Archived