TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you please go over and help scgt500 on the exhaust sounds issue. He's wearing a donkey hat on his head since last nights faulty post. Poor guy didn't even sleep last night and now his wife's making him paint outside in the rain.

Sorry, Got to get to church.

Rob Out.

Hi Dan - where ya been? I'm missing your eloquence!

I think those folks just haven't been "out and about" enough. They've been doing their farming and hot rodding with each other and perhaps aren't really sure how to treat newcomers.

On the other hand, the Greenville Nissan club made us feel very welcome. Matter of fact - we still do things with them - even though I've jumped the fence!

That bunch has some diversity - black members - females - a few Hispanics - some ECU faculty. But when we walk in to Basil's for a monthly meeting - we get smiles and hugs!

So - we're okay. Some folks just haven't been exposed to enough culture to be able to embrace "the other."

Thankfully, I have. :shift:

Our northern accent is scary to the Jethros? <lol> (just kiddin, southern kin;-)

nah - those folks just didn't like anyone they didn't know.

The guys up in Norfolk were great on Sat - and the 5 guys I connected with in Eliz City treated me like one of them.

Dyno day has been pushed forward to Thurs evening 6 pm! :hyper:

I hope we see some decent numbers....I almost hesitate to see them!

But - it feels very strong. :shift:

I had a little "encounter" with what looked like a stock GT Vert (probably 03-04).

He was in front and started acting Froggy.

So I got up alongside and we went after it a little.

Yeow. I slowed down after the top of third gear and lowered my passenger window to wave at him.

He drove by and didn't even look at me.???WTF?

I had a little "encounter" with what looked like a stock GT Vert (probably 03-04).

He was in front and started acting Froggy.

So I got up alongside and we went after it a little.

Yeow. I slowed down after the top of third gear and lowered my passenger window to wave at him.

He drove by and didn't even look at me.???WTF?

Maybe you embarassed him ? :car:

Norfolk show pics. and for those who have been wondering, I personally rode in the Rufstang it was AWESOME. Great power also, can't wait for dyno day!

Ruf got the oldest...I mean farthest driver award. He can explain the NSX picture.

Ok, I give... what's up with Ruf and the NSX???

It was just parked there.

SCGT499 - co-pilot asked me to pose in front of it with some keys!

The owner of it was a very cool guy. He asked me all about my car - then as I was leaving, he pulled up alongside and gave a smile and a thumbs-up!

Quick ride. Nice guy. :shift:

I didn't plan the middle finger deal - but it looks good!

nah - those folks just didn't like anyone they didn't know.

The guys up in Norfolk were great on Sat - and the 5 guys I connected with in Eliz City treated me like one of them.

Dyno day has been pushed forward to Thurs evening 6 pm! :hyper:

I hope we see some decent numbers....I almost hesitate to see them!

But - it feels very strong. :shift:

:headspin::woohoo: :hyper: :-)

I had some tint work done yesterday - he darkened the quarter windows to 5% and put a darker stripe on the windshield. I had the stripe guy put something on the exterior mirrors (pics coming!). And when the mirrors are painted, he has an idea for a slender stripe (same color as the stripe on the flanks) along the bottom of the mirrors. I'm starting to feel like Gucci! (sp?)

The welding shop boys straightened out the edges of my grill - and they're in the process of fabricating my lower opening grill.

I love driving this thing!

I called FAST and the guy said they'll release the intake early in '07. He said around $750 or so. For 40 hp!! That's what they've been seeing on the dyno. And the intake will help me on the bottom end. A very complementary relationship! :shift: Yeah, Daddy!

I"m tempted every day to skip class. But - I'm the teacher! :doh:

I had some tint work done yesterday - he darkened the quarter windows to 5% and put a darker stripe on the windshield. I had the stripe guy put something on the exterior mirrors (pics coming!). And when the mirrors are painted, he has an idea for a slender stripe (same color as the stripe on the flanks) along the bottom of the mirrors. I'm starting to feel like Gucci! (sp?)

The welding shop boys straightened out the edges of my grill - and they're in the process of fabricating my lower opening grill.

I called FAST and the guy said they'll release the intake early in '07. He said around $750 or so. For 40 hp!! That's what they've been seeing on the dyno. And the intake will help me on the bottom end. A very complementary relationship! :shift: Yeah, Daddy!

The mirror accent sounds nice -- will tie it all together.

What are you doing in the lower grille... a one-off piece?

Who's FAST? Is the intake a dual-length runner piece like FRP? You're into this deep now, next thing you kow you'll want the FRP heads (just kiddin', they're pricey).

Put it all together with a tune and I'll have to update my estimate to 405 or so at the crank ;-)

I was talking to the FRP guys at SEMA and they said they'd been playing with the 4.6 3V quite a bit and the bottom end has been solid in their testing with the Whipple FRP Pack considering it's doesn;t use any forged pieces. I asked him if 450crankHP was a reasonable limit -- he didn't give me an actual answer but didn't react at all to that (that's when he commented above). At 400-410HP it should be a great daily driver -- not that it's too shabby as it is right now!

Brian, curious ...have you had it weighed? I think the GT is around 3340 in base trim and you haven't added all that much weight with your mods -- you're getting into some nice power::weight territory now ;-) You might even be getting close to runnung with a factory fresh 'virgin' GT500 with the new intake as long as the power band nicely overlaps the tranny gear spacing.

Also could be a nice show-touch (not to mention 3-5 hundredths sec.) to move the battery to the pass-side trunk (in a out-vented case or a racing gel-battery). Break out the "00" copper wire!!!

Hey, I have to keep you busy ...you're too close being 'done' -- we can't let that happen, bro! :shift:

I told you ,"you're addicted to this ,power thing," That intake is a must have for you now. :headspin:

Dan - and all - I think right now we should be at least 380-390 at the crank. (I'll probably end up eating those numbers on Thursday!) With the FAST intake - add 40?

http://www.fuelairspark.com/

They don't list the new intake on their site yet - but call them if you want the dyno numbers.

I'll keep my mouth shut on h.p. until after I get home on Thurs!

I'm sure lots of folks put out more - but not for what I've spent.

Bang for the buck, baby. And as it is now - it's the fastest I've ever owned.

Man - 2nd and 3rd are very strong! And sound just as sweet as they can sound!

MPG? :baby:

Review: Shorty FRP headers - Bassani axle backs - SCT Tune - BBK throttle body - C&L Intake - Comp Cams Stage III - Steeda Pulleys - 14" antenna -

If all that doesn't gain 80 hp - I'll be sending out some letters!

Edit: 90GT - Brenspeed said head work wasn't needed with the cams.

Dan - and all - I think right now we should be at least 380-390 at the crank. (I'll probably end up eating those numbers on Thursday!) With the FAST intake - add 40?

http://www.fuelairspark.com/

They don't list the new intake on their site yet - but call them if you want the dyno numbers.

I'll keep my mouth shut on h.p. until after I get home on Thurs!

I'm sure lots of folks put out more - but not for what I've spent.

Bang for the buck, baby. And as it is now - it's the fastest I've ever owned.

Man - 2nd and 3rd are very strong! And sound just as sweet as they can sound!

MPG? :baby:

Review: Shorty FRP headers - Bassani axle backs - SCT Tune - BBK throttle body - C&L Intake - Comp Cams Stage III - Steeda Pulleys - 14" antenna -

If all that doesn't gain 80 hp - I'll be sending out some letters!

Edit: 90GT - Brenspeed said head work wasn't needed with the cams.

"Needed" is such a subjective thing ;-) <just kiddin'> Yeah, I like what you've done; the Rufster is crusin'! I love "sleepers"

Archived