TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey - that's right!

I smoked weed in the front flower garden - whew - too hot.

Thanks Ken - laughter is what I need. Roger that.

That's why the dark glasses. :hysterical2:

:hysterical2: :happy feet: I nearly pooped in my chair.

WTF?

Ruf,

Did you make it home before the rain? We have decided to wait unitl it stops before we head out. I can't even get your mother-in-law out of the garage its raining so hard. :hysterical2:

WTF?

Yes - I did. Thanks for the pizza pie.

So I spend 90 mins in the heat yesterday detailing the car.

What's happening now? Heavy rain and thunderboomers.

We need the rain very badly though.

And - it's fun watching the rain zoom off the Zaino. :happy feet:

Look who's back in the Garage!

Yeah, I could.

Can you get me a $50k long term, low interest loan? :hysterical2:

Where you been?

You up for a ride on Sunday afternoon? Or is your new crib needing your attention?

SB's off to the Sound for a week.

By the way, y'all didn't turn off the lights last night when the last one left. :rant:

Yeah, I could.

Where you been?

You up for a ride on Sunday afternoon? Or is your new crib needing your attention?

By the way, y'all didn't turn off the lights last night when the last one left. :rant:

50K loan is possible what you got for collateral? 5 mustangs?

Ive been busier than a 1 legged man in an ass kicking contest, I don't know if youve seen the news but people arent exactly beating down our door to join these days.

I know SB is gone for a week good thing anyway it's supposed to rain for a while and the cars wouldnt be brought out anyway.

Ride on Sunday is cool I sent you my cell # on the private message I sent my first day here

Hope the wife is feeling better

Chris

PS what do you mean about the lights

Grabber - Great news on the report card!! Awesome! (How's Barbara?)

Snoop - what's up with the ignore comment? Who would ignore you? (Where's Co-Pilot been?)

Chris - I probably deleted your first PM - let's see what the weather looks like on Sat eve for Sunday. And - I understand about your foot traffic at the office.

Hi Marilyn - where's our boy this weekend?

Ruf

(PK - the "left the light on" comment was just kidding. Ruf's Garage - left the light on....)

Barb is stable. They moved her from her regular room today into CCU (Cardiac Care Unit). This gives her a one on one nurse.

An hour ago the doctor told Tana that none of the drugs are working and that her heart is wore out. The doctor said that if she does not have a heart transplant that she will die. :(

Tough times are ahead.

Grabber - Great news on the report card!! Awesome! (How's Barbara?)

Snoop - what's up with the ignore comment? Who would ignore you? (Where's Co-Pilot been?)

Chris - I probably deleted your first PM - let's see what the weather looks like on Sat eve for Sunday. And - I understand about your foot traffic at the office.

Hi Marilyn - where's our boy this weekend?

Ruf

(PK - the "left the light on" comment was just kidding. Ruf's Garage - left the light on....)

Got it let me know. I sent you an email/private message whatever they are called here

Got it let me know. I sent you an email/private message whatever they are called here

Thanks. I'll give you a call tomorrow evening.

Perhaps your wifey would like to come along? Do y'all like seafood?

Rob - The cardio unit at East Carolina University, where I teach, is first-rate.

Here's the link.

http://www.uhseast.com/cardio_home.cfm?id=7

They can do amazing things these days.

Keep the faith!

Ruf

Thanks Bryan.

Barb is getting top notch care at St. Vincents Medical center. http://www.providence.org/oregon/programs_...art/default.htm They have some of the best. The problem is that her heart is wore out. Barb has told the hospital that she does not want any surgeries at all. No extra measures. The doc has not told her. He wants to wait till Monday to have 2 more days to see if the meds will do anything. They have been trying everything that human technology has. Her pump is wore out, and that you can't fix. Her heat attack was ten years ago and they told her that she hat Congestive heart failure at that time.

Tana has been very prepared for this. She is out buying a new dress right now for the wedding and I expect her home for dinner soon. I just got home from work and have not talked to her in person today.

Tana brought a beautiful dress home that she will wear to the wedding. She made a wonderfull dinner.

We are heading out to the hospital to visit Barb.

See you guys later.

Rob

Yummy, if I left now could I make it?

One of the perks of living here is a pretty good variety of fresh seafood.

We have local shrimp - flounder - oysters - clams - and offshore fish: Wahoo - Trigger - King Mackerel - Tuna - Mahi Mahi - Grouper. The only sort of seafood we don't have that I love is Lobster. They like colder waters. We can buy them - but they're too pricey.

The place I'm thinking about taking PK to on Sunday is in Belhaven - about 30 mins east of here. The chef there used to cook at Basnight's - the place we had dinner at our Nag's Head gathering. He lightly breads flounder that makes me want to order two plates! And his cajun shrimp is wonderful.

If the joint was open now - I'd ride! :happy feet:

Yeah, I could.

Where you been?

Some econo Zaino covers ;-) ... 1.... 2....3

Tana brought a beautiful dress home that she will wear to the wedding. She made a wonderfull dinner.

We are heading out to the hospital to visit Barb.

See you guys later.

Rob

You'll be in our thoughts and prayers, Rob.

Christine had a muscle spasm attack tonight. She can't walk. I heated up some soup and had some salad. Even her med for that issue didn't seem to help. She slept for about 2 1/2 hours tonight. At least the rain this afternoon cooled off the temps.

Tell Tana she has friends nationwide thinking about her.

Thanks Bryan.

Barb is getting top notch care at St. Vincents Medical center. http://www.providence.org/oregon/programs_...art/default.htm They have some of the best. The problem is that her heart is wore out. Barb has told the hospital that she does not want any surgeries at all. No extra measures. The doc has not told her. He wants to wait till Monday to have 2 more days to see if the meds will do anything. They have been trying everything that human technology has. Her pump is wore out, and that you can't fix. Her heat attack was ten years ago and they told her that she hat Congestive heart failure at that time.

Tana has been very prepared for this. She is out buying a new dress right now for the wedding and I expect her home for dinner soon. I just got home from work and have not talked to her in person today.

Rob, so sorry to hear this -- you guys are in my prayers.

Guys,

I just showed Tana these posts from you all. She said that it helps give her peace knowing that you all care about what is going on. She said that the prayers really mean alot to her. Thank you all.

We just got back from the hospital. I had not seen her since they moved her today. It turns out that CCU is not Carciac care unit, and that it stands fro Critical Care Unit. Barb had no visitors today, so she was glad to see us. Only close family can see her. No more than 2 at a time. We visited for over 2 hours. We talked about good old times and current times. We laughed and had a great visit. I really loosened up and enjoyed the visit. Tana layed on the end of the bed and I had a great comfortable chair. What I am trying to say is that it was like old times visiting together. We just pretended we were in her living room.

Tana spent 12 hours with her yesterday and did her hand nails on her hands and feet. She then gave barb a foot massage with lotion for 10 minutes and barb was in 7th heaven. She said that no one had ever done that. We are trying to make her very comfortable and at ease.

Tonight she told me that this move was a downgrade and that she did'nt even ask for it. She chuckled a little. She then said that she considers this new room on the 2nd floor "God's waiting room". I did not expect her to say that, but she did. We then talked about that. She knows that she will be seeing the Lord soon.

Before we left Tana and I and Barb held hands and I lead the 3 of us in a prayer to our Father. Barb knows that when we are not there, that our Father will be there to keep her from being scared and lonely. I made sure we prayed about that out loud so Barb could grasp that. We then both kissed her good night and left. We told her that we would see her tomorrow and that my daughter Katie is comming up to see her also tomorrow.

It's funny how I can be strong now, but I have a feeling I might fall apart! Thanks for listening.

Rob,

may God give you strength, I will pray for your family.

Ruff, same goes for you and your family.

Things here are going pretty good with Hollys dad moving in with us, he is 88 soon to be 89, he sings when he is happy, makes my wife happy, she is taking care of him very well, he still sometime thinks he's working in the theater and has to change the film on the projector. Some times he wonders how he got here and wakes up in the middle of the night trying to find his way out to go home, most of the time he remembers everything. Stuff like this brings family closer together..

Barb is stable. They moved her from her regular room today into CCU (Cardiac Care Unit). This gives her a one on one nurse.

An hour ago the doctor told Tana that none of the drugs are working and that her heart is wore out. The doctor said that if she does not have a heart transplant that she will die. :(

Tough times are ahead.

That's awful news Rob...very sorry to hear that. It's good that you are there for Tana.

Dave

No worries mate, sh!t and vettes both float. :hysterical2:

Here we go again. Can you quantify that with how many vettes you've owned. My last Mustang was my 5th. And I will take a vette 9 times out of ten as long as I dont have more than 1 passenger. Also judging by your avatar (providing its real) why would you take premier sports car and cut the roof off? Just thinking out loud

G'day mate :banana piano:

PK

Archived