TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

Tana's little sister from Alaska just flew in to see her mom at the hospital. Tana just told me that she has not improved, but she has not been at the hospital today. I am going to the hospital now to check and see for my self and ask questions!

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the ticket.

Between Christine, her mom, and my mom, I've been to the ECU hospital probably 20 times in the past two years.

The key is asking questions and doing online research on the issue.

Christine's Primary Care MD is a family friend. She's told me medicine is very subjective. I now believe her. The more one knows about an illness, the better it is for the person suffering.

Do your homework and challenge any diagnosis.

Thong trivia! :hysterical2:

I'm shakin' and bakin' some chicken breasts - some Rice A Roni - and some steamed cauliflower. She woke up and looked she want 15 rounds - so I sent her back to the sofa!

Turns out the drag strip where I was planning on running at once my gonads arrrived from FedEx is now just running 1/8 mile runs.

Next closest is Rockingham. Gonna check that out and see if PK and SB want to join me there so they can spank an S197! :hysterical2:

Ruf,

You better not shake and bake to hard or you may fall out of your thong. :hysterical2:

There are several other drag strips within an hour or two of Greenville. Jacksonville, New Bern, Hertford, etc. Do you mean that the next closest 1/4 mile strip is in Rockingham? A 1/8 mile strip should be good for the Rufstang and those 4.10 gears.

Ruf,

You better not shake and bake to hard or you may fall out of your thong. :hysterical2:

There are several other drag strips within an hour or two of Greenville. Jacksonville, New Bern, Hertford, etc. Do you mean that the next closest 1/4 mile strip is in Rockingham? A 1/8 mile strip should be good for the Rufstang and those 4.10 gears.

New Bern, I've heard is junk. Hertford (Creswell) is an 1/8th. Jacksonville doesn't have a strip that I've heard of. I'd be in 3rd gear running an 1/8th. I don't see the point. If I wanted to run an 1/8th, I'd have 4.56's or higher.

I'll look into one of the GPS in-car units to measure 1/4 mile and 0-60 times. Just need to find a safe place to do it. Got my back? :hysterical2:

Thong trivia! :hysterical2:

I'm shakin' and bakin' some chicken breasts - some Rice A Roni - and some steamed cauliflower. She woke up and looked she want 15 rounds - so I sent her back to the sofa!

Turns out the drag strip where I was planning on running at once my gonads arrrived from FedEx is now just running 1/8 mile runs.

Next closest is Rockingham. Gonna check that out and see if PK and SB want to join me there so they can spank an S197! :hysterical2:

Just can't leave the breasts alone, can you :hysterical2:

Ruf,

I went to the Hospital to visit Tana's mom. I am not happy about what I am seeing. She's too week to walk. Been this way for 5 days now. She would fall asleep as she talked to me. I am sure the drugs have alot to do with this. The doc says that it is amazing that she can function at all with her heart functioning at 5% - 10% capacity. It is beating fast so they are trying to slow it down but the drugs that they would normally use for this...they can't use because she has very low blood pressure.

The heart doctor and Cardiologist are trying to find the right combo of drugs that will give her some help. Tana is very down today.

She looks so tired Bryan. I am afraid that she is going to die. Tana just left the house to go up to the hospital because she said she has a feeling that something is going to happen. She wanted me to stay here with David. I told her that when her mom saw me that the first thing out of her mouth was "Where's Tana". Tana is going up to try to pray with Barbara and will call me when she gets there.

A lot of us have been there Grabber. The most important thing to realize is that you and Tana are doing everything you can and that the most important thing that you are doing is surrounding her and comforting her with your family's love. That is powerful medicine.

Ruf,

I went to the Hospital to visit Tana's mom. I am not happy about what I am seeing. She's too week to walk. Been this way for 5 days now. She would fall asleep as she talked to me. I am sure the drugs have alot to do with this. The doc says that it is amazing that she can function at all with her heart functioning at 5% - 10% capacity. It is beating fast so they are trying to slow it down but the drugs that they would normally use for this...they can't use because she has very low blood pressure.

The heart doctor and Cardiologist are trying to find the right combo of drugs that will give her some help. Tana is very down today.

She looks so tired Bryan. I am afraid that she is going to die. Tana just left the house to go up to the hospital because she said she has a feeling that something is going to happen. She wanted me to stay here with David. I told her that when her mom saw me that the first thing out of her mouth was "Where's Tana". Tana is going up to try to pray with Barbara and will call me when she gets there.

Just saw this update Rob...very sorry to hear things are not improving. As I said in my PM, hang in there and I'll pray for your family.

AD

Long 14 hour day today. After work I went to the hospital to visit Barb. Tana stayed home to rest. They were hooking up 3 new bags of medicine from the IV tree. She's got IV's in both arms. Poor girl is a pin coushin. They did Phyical therapy with cards to check her mind and eyes. I stayed a couple hours and cut up her dinner and fed her 6 or 7 bites of chicken and 3 spoons of sherbit. That's all she would eat.

The doc came by and I got to speak to him. He is trying different combos of medicine and trying to get the fluid out of her. Yesterday when I was there here heart rate was 137. Today it was between 50 and 80 and low blood pressure. She can't get out of bed on her own. I helped her to the bathroom chair next to her bed. No way she could do it on her own. Doc told me he needs to have her at least another week to try to get a handle on this.

3 months ago Barbara accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as her Saviour. Tonight I held her hands and we prayed together to our Father God. It is in His hands and I trust Him. :angel:

Thanks, Rob. This sounds positive. Keep us posted and keep being there for her.

Tana is with her now. Barb is stable and alert today. She is happy to be with Tana.

How's your girl doing?

She volunteered down at the library this morning. That pooped her out - so she's home chillin with the pups!

Another hot & sticky day.

Good to hear that she is staying active. Our temp is 70 and overcast.

Well, keep your big paws off the paint! :rant:

Don't forget - spray on and wipe dry a coat of Z6 in between coats of Z2.

The more coats - the deeper the shine, daddy.

You could shave using one of my fenders. :happy feet:

Well, keep your big paws off the paint! :rant:

Don't forget - spray on and wipe dry a coat of Z6 in between coats of Z2.

The more coats - the deeper the shine, daddy.

You could shave using one of my fenders. :happy feet:

Still haven't done the Z2 yet maybe tonight when it gets cooler I'll do that. over 100 now and muggy as all getloose!

Before you go nighty night - put on a coat of Z2. In the morning - wipe it off. Repeat for 5 days and then call me.

Hey Ruf,

I bought the starter kit. :headspin:

Did you clay bar the new paint? :headscratch:

If so then after I wash with Dawn (Hey, thats what the salesperson said, anyone know a cute Dawn?), I start the Z2 then Z6?

Also I have to mix in the secret ingredient? I will reread the instructions. Got to have the Zaino thick for Dearborn! :happy feet:

Glad to hear Christine is on the mends. :happy feet:

Hi Ken - Good Form! :happy feet:

Yeah - you have to mix the acuator (right word?) just once. And then apply. But first, if you have the clay bar, use that. Keep the paint wet with the detail spray while using the bar. If you don't see many contaminents coming off on the bar - skip it. That will depend on how dirty your car got in transit.

Then - Z2 - then alternate Z6 spray (small area at a time) with coats of Z2.

You'll get addicted! Z2 goes on easy and comes off easy. And the results are amazing.

My black car stays cleaner longer since I've built up layers of Zaino. I still get overnight debris, but a quick wipe with The Duster and I'm good to go.

SB - feel free to chime in here if I'm missing something for him!

Hey Ruf,

If so then after I wash with Dawn (Hey, thats what the salesperson said, anyone know a cute Dawn?), I start the Z2 then Z6?

Also I have to mix in the secret ingredient? I will reread the instructions. Got to have the Zaino thick for Dearborn! :happy feet:

I hope Ruf doesn't mind me stepping in here.

By all means, clay bar it. There are lots of contaminants on the paint from the manufacturing process and the shipping process. Try this: Get a plastic sandwich bag, rub your bare hand over the paint, then do it again wearing the bag like a glove. With the plastic bag on, you will feel all the little bumps. Those are the contaminants that the clay bar will remove. My opinion is that you should not use the clay bar more than 2 or 3 times per year.

After you wash with dawn, you can either use a quick detail spray with the clay bar, or make a mild solution of Dawn and water in a spray bottle - that's what I do. You don't need much pressure with the clay bar. After the clay bar, I wash again and dry completely. Then a quick wipe down with Z6. If you see any swirl marks at all, or "spider webbing", I would do 2 or 3 coats of Z5 with Z6 between each coat. Then 1 or 2 coats of Z2, again with Z6 between coats. This is where the ZXF comes in handy. The coats will dry quickly. Remember - thin coats. Thick coats take longer to dry and wastes the Zaino. While it can be applied in the sun, I recommend doing it in the shade on cool-to-the-touch paint. That will help to keep the coats thin.

Z6 works well between coats, but I'd also recommend Z8 as the final step.

After the initial treatment, each new coat of Z2 will deepen the shine, like Ruf said.

***EDIT***

Sorry Ruf. I was typing when you posted.

Hey Ruf,

Don't ask Ruf for advice on the proper application of Zaino he is still a Zaino Apprentice. Let the Zaino Master show you the way. :happy feet: You shouldn't have to wash the car with Dawn but at the very beginning (see below).

1. If your car is new or the paint is new you don't have to clay it if you are satisfied the paint is as clean as you want the base to be. Typcially a new car is clean enough it doesnt' have to be clayed, but it can be if the car looks or feels dirty after you wash it. I would clay it just to make sure it is clean.

2. Wash the car with Dawn (or if you have Zaino All In One you can wash the car with Z-7, clay it , wash with Z-7 and dry and then apply AIO to the car and remove it). Then clay it. Use a spray bottle with a mixture of Z-7 and water to keep the car lubricated as you clay it. Also clean the clay bar frequently as you use it by washing it and kneeding it. If the clay is picking up stuff you will see it in the clay. Then wash the car again with Z-7 and dry it.

3. Apply and wipe off a misting of Z-6. If you use AIO you don't have to but you still can.

4. If there are any swirls in the paint apply one to two coats of Z-5 (enabled with ZFX if you put on more than one coat in one day) with a Z-6 misting between each.

5. If there are no swirls you can begin with Z-2 (enabled with ZFX) if you put on more than one coat in a day) with a Z-6 misting between each coat. You can put on as many coats of Z-2 as you feel like doing. Finish with Z-6 or Z-8 if you have it.

6. To really make it pop when you finish with the Z-2 mist again with Z-6 (or Z-8) then apply one or more coats of Zaino Clear Seal (Z-CS) followed by a misting of Z-8. Be sure to apply CS very thin and wait for it to dry before misting with Z-8 (or Z-6). If you don't use CS I would top the last coat of Z-2 with Z-8 as Orf suggested above.

Always remember with Zaino that LESS IS MORE. The thinner you apply Zaino polish the better the results. One ounce of Zaino should get you at least two coats on the car. I can often get three or even four coats from an ounce. Also apply some Z-6 to your applicator pad before the polish so it goes on thinner. Use the small bottles that come with ZFX when you are applying Z-5 or Z-2 with ZFX. Its easy to mix in them. It only takes 2 to 3 drops of ZFX for an ounce or more of polish. You don't have to use ZFX if you let the polish dry for at least 4 hours, but preferably 8 hours. Temperature and humidity help determine how long it takes to cure without ZFX.

I will let you know if I think of something else. Feel free to ask me any questions or if I was not clear on anything.

Zaino Master

1. If your car is new or the paint is new you don't have to clay it if you are satisfied the paint is as clean as you want the base to be. Typcially a new car is clean enough it doesnt' have to be clayed, but it can be if the car looks or feels dirty after you wash it. I would do it just to make sure it was clean.

I will let you know if I think of something else. Feel free to ask me any questions or if I was not clear on anything.

Zaino Master

I agree with what you wrote, except for item 1. Try the plastic bag trick I mentioned above. You'll be amazed by what you feel, but can't see.

Archived