TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John - great pics!

Y'all, John's C6 is cleaner than new! His engine bay is spotless.

Chris' yellow C6 is very slick. He has Flowmaster's and an intake and it's as clean as it can get. (he also has some great yellow stitching in the interior pieces)

Thanks for taking the time to post, John.

Thanks Ruf. Here are a couple of pics.

My engine

100_2702.jpg

Chris' interior

100_2715.jpg

Congrats to all! Even Bow tie boy and Bow tie boy Jr. :hysterical2: The cars looked great but as soon as I get my handling pack installed and the car sitting 1.5 to 2" lower, I find out that all the cool people are going for the "raised" vehicles! :hysterical:

Thanks.

Here are a few more interesting vehicles.

100_2726.jpg

100_2757.jpg

100_2758.jpg

100_2773.jpg

100_2780.jpg

100_2781.jpg

100_2779.jpg

100_2778.jpg

100_2777.jpg

Thanks for posting all those pics, John!

I like that '51 Merc with the ghost flames :wub:

And that 9-sec Ranger :drop:

...ok, some nostalgia ...just for Ruf ;-) ...my little '92 Ranger doing' a little 'exploring' up in the Vernooy Kill Wild Forest in the Catskills last year...

post-4902-1182655456_thumb.jpg

<edit:> I think Rob should use my tire brand -- now we know where he got his 'handle' from :rant:;)

post-4902-1182655456_thumb.jpg

Looks like you all had fun. Welcome PK, watch out for the leg-lifts, and you'll do fine.

Ruf, Stereo gets installed tomorrow. Father/son project!

New England is now more forested and there are more deer than when the Europeans arrived. Looks like a lot of young trees however.

Yeah, much of the Catskills were logged-over until the late 19th century but are now heavily forested again. The area in the pic was part of a big estate that NY State acquired several years ago but was rotationaly logged until maybe 30 years ago. Shortly after that photo a forest fire (lightning strike) burned about 4,000 acres there -- fortunately no homes/fatalities ...haven't been back to see how it's starting to regenerate... maybe this fall. Where we live, the forest is more mature than in the pic.

Some interesting geology in the area... the Catskills are very old and are the 'bones' of the great Acadian uplift of a seabed from the Devonian(?), I believe. Just south of the Catskills, smaller and geologically unrelated mountains called the Shawangunks are bedrock left from what's now Africa when the Atlantic was formed (I'm sure I'm taking some unintentional poetic license <lol>). To the East, the Taconic range is also unrelated to the catskills... all within 20-40 miles of each other. And the catskills bear the rounded mountain shapes and U-valleys and bedrick scars of much glacial activity from the last ice age. Most rifts run N-S from the continental plate compression (fractures). The Adirondacks, about 150 miles to the north, are also part of the ancient Acadian mountains, but look very different -- their valleys filled with glacial till and riddled with morraine's and thousands of lakes. NY's Adirondack park is larger than Yellowstone and Yosemite combined (over 6M acres). Most people think of NY as NY City, but it's really a very green and beautiful state, with much farmland too. (ok, end of Chamber-of-Commerce pitch <lol>).

Ruf must have gone to bed early last night.

We must have worn him out yesterday. I don't think he can hang with the Bow Tie Boys. :hysterical2:

maybe there's just no value in it :hysterical2:

Archived