TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Rufs Garage"

• Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry! I can get access to a vid camera - but not sure how to post it.

Let me ask my girl at work who does this stuff.

I know I can get the vid transferred to a DVD if anyone here would like to take it from there.

The idle loping is not pronounced - but you can tell it's not stock. And you Can feel the car shake at idle. Very cool. And it sounds much much more aggressive under hard acceleration. The 1-2 shift is a blast. My MPG numbers are not going to look good from now on....and the CAI sounds like a Hoover! :shift:

Bill - I know that Greg is in PA - but you and I and John can gather up as soon as you get your's.

Perhaps in Elizabeth City?

Keep us posted on your ETD.

Edit:

Mark - email me your address and I'll send you a copy of the Dec issue of Our State. I've got a piece in it on the Marines' Toys for Tots program.

oesterreichb@ecu.edu

"...sounds like a Hoover..."

I just loved the whine of the turbo on my 86 T-bird. I used to get off it fast just to hear the waste gate open and dump.

BTW my current car is a Grand Marquis that we bought from my Dad when he couldn't drive anymore so you can see why it's so important that THEY BUILD MY FREAKIN CAR! Please! I would settlefor a VIN and a schedule. Where's that cat with the machine gun?

"...sounds like a Hoover..."

I just loved the whine of the turbo on my 86 T-bird. I used to get off it fast just to hear the waste gate open and dump.

BTW my current car is a Grand Marquis that we bought from my Dad when he couldn't drive anymore so you can see why it's so important that THEY BUILD MY FREAKIN CAR! Please! I would settlefor a VIN and a schedule. Where's that cat with the machine gun?

Settle for a ground hog with a bazooka??!!

dayofthehogvk7.jpg

Bill - I know that Greg is in PA - but you and I and John can gather up as soon as you get your's.

Gee. It looks like I've been demoted.

You can send me the DVD (way up here in PA), and I'll convert it to a file that can be uploaded..

Ya got me - Commander Orf is our tech-support guy.

I'll take some stills on Sat and post them.

I'll see if I can commandeer a video cam tomorrow from my supply Sgt. and then work from there.

I was just trying to decide which little :censored: 'ing smilie to choose and I couldn't decide! :ohsnap:

I'm meeting up with a few Mustangs from Elizabeth City at 8 tomorrow morning (yawn....). So we should be arriving around 9 or so.

Hope y'all can make it. Looks like you guys have a pretty big Mustang club in Norfolk.

Weather looks great.

Orf - any chance of you flying out for the day? I'd be happy to get you at the airport.

:ohsnap:

I talked to my welding guy at the College. Luckily he had forgotten about my lower grill. He took the existing facia piece and will now fabricate a full width grill for me. :happy feet:

A little later today - my striping guy is going to put "Objects in Mirror are Losing" on the passenger mirror.

Monday - the tint guy is going to put 5% tint on the quarter windows. :rockon:

Hey, Pup.

I'm going to call Dyno man now and see if he can fit me in sometime early next week. It's killin' me over here!

(I'll cancel a class if I have to) :shift:

No problemo. Just teasing you on this fine Friday afternoon. You'll get them when you get them. Should be some time this month. I think I can manage to hold on that long. I'll tell what I'll be looking for. I'm curious if you'll have that same strong increase in HP and TQ that Brent had starting around 5k and finishing up at 6200rpm. You won't have a baseline before the cam install so I'll just compare it to Brent's baseline when he had 309 HP and 324 TQ. Should be interesting...

Okay - since you've brought up "attitude" I'll give you an example. (though I'm not sure what you mean about Shelby attitude - perhaps you mean some sort of resentment from owners with older Shelby's?)

Christine and I joined a local hot rod/custom car club a few weeks ago.

Last weekend, they had a cookout (pig-pickin') in Bath NC (very small town just east of here).

We show up and there's maybe 2 dozen cars there - mostly 50's and 60's American cars.

The women were inside the building (Ruritan) - and the fellas were just standing around outside talking.

My car was still in the shop. We had Christine's PT.

We were completely ignored. Christine went inside with her carrot cake - and asked the women where she should put it and they didn't even respond.

I stood around the guys and no one said a word to me.

Apparently, the club is made up of people from the area who were born and raised there. Outsiders are not made to feel welcome. (I'm not from NC and they knew that)

We left - and I emailed the president and asked for my dues back.

We don't need people like that. :shift:

Wow, that really sucks, Bryan.

If that's the way they feel, who needs 'em!

They were probably intimidated by the toupé

<lol, I know... just razzin'>

Should have driven in with the beat-up toyota/loaner and just kept a straight face and groused about how those displaced northerners are ruinin' the southcountry and all -- and than put on yer pirates hook for the pig-rippin ;-)

-Dan

Hi Dan - where ya been? I'm missing your eloquence!

I think those folks just haven't been "out and about" enough. They've been doing their farming and hot rodding with each other and perhaps aren't really sure how to treat newcomers.

On the other hand, the Greenville Nissan club made us feel very welcome. Matter of fact - we still do things with them - even though I've jumped the fence!

That bunch has some diversity - black members - females - a few Hispanics - some ECU faculty. But when we walk in to Basil's for a monthly meeting - we get smiles and hugs!

So - we're okay. Some folks just haven't been exposed to enough culture to be able to embrace "the other."

Thankfully, I have. :shift:

I hear ya, bro.

I have students who have Preludes with loud mufflers - neighbors with Miatas - friends with Nissan Z's. I don't care what they drive or how fast they are. I'll talk to them because - they - like - cars! :shift:

Thanks for the nice words on my ride - but even if you didn't like it, I'd respect your right to feel that way.

Live - and let Live, baby.

I'm eager to get some responses tomorrow at the show. I'm not real good at taking sh*t from ignorant peeps!

If you can, come over and find me. I'll buy ya one. :shift:

PS - Maybe the Roush Stage III will show. Perhaps I've got something for him? :shift:

Or - if I don't - mastersmech does! :banana piano:

Thanks!

Had a blast. I drove up there with 5 other Mustangs from the Chrome Pony Mustang club in Elizabeth City (the ride up from there was as much fun as the show!).

And I met up with mastersmech and SCGT500 in Norfolk.

Masters and I both got Top 50 plaques and I won the Furthest Driven trophy!

Lots of great Mustangs and Fords. Plenty of very complimentary feedback (which is very satisfying).

Tee shirt weather - sunny - live music - and great fellowship. Man - I do love driving this car.

Some pics forthcoming.

Archived