TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Window Detailing

Sudguy4

Hey Team Shelby,

It's been a while since I've posted a thread, so I felt you all deserved my blessing once again. :hysterical:

Here is a new question for the week: How do you reduce/minimize minor scratches on glass? I think there may have been a thread about this a while back, but I figured new people are always on here with new ideas, so please send your best ideas here!

I've got a minor scratch on my driver-side glass that is only visible in certain light. I have already taken glass polish, glaze, and TurtleWax Ice to it, with little or no effect.

Thanks in advance to all those who can help!

Sudguy4 :shift:

p.s. I'm sure Grabber will read this, so I want you to know that I took the ICE polish to my paint, stripes, AND wheels this weekend, so my Alloy GT500 is Bling Bling Clean......DO NOT ASK FOR PICS GRABBER. I finished at 2:30 in the morning, and was too tired to take some...you'll just have to come to AL to observe my mad skill. :lurk:

There is a product called Bar Keepers Friend. You can find it in the same section with the stuff like Comet and Ajax.

Not sure I would use this on the inside, but have used it on the outsides with noooo problem. Make sure the window is good and wet, and apply it with a damp sponge. Rub it into the glass surface like you were polishing it. Wash it off with water - and there ya go.

There is a product called Bar Keepers Friend. You can find it in the same section with the stuff like Comet and Ajax.

Not sure I would use this on the inside, but have used it on the outsides with noooo problem. Make sure the window is good and wet, and apply it with a damp sponge. Rub it into the glass surface like you were polishing it. Wash it off with water - and there ya go.

What he said x2 The stuff works great. I agree, do not use wax on your windows, it will leave a residue that will fog up after a few days in, plus it messes with your wiper blades.

How does this bar keepers friend work?

Never heard of it or even seen it before

I tried some real glass polish with the buffer kit and so on but all it did was make a mess

I got some scratches all over my passenger window on the outside and I believe it was from when the Paintless Dent Repair removed a dinger that came with my car

I think there's something wrong with this guy! :hysterical:

BTW your not suppose to put Ice on the windows.

Of course there is something wrong with me! I compete with you on detailing....why don't I have anything better to do? :hysterical:

As far as the ICE on the glass Grabber, I only tried it on the affected area, not the entire car's glass. It did not hurt anything, but it did not make it better......

I will try Bar Keeper's Friend. I have some of that. I think I remember someone stating toothpaste worked well too?

Simply Sudguy4

Archived