TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ITS HERE!!

StangFinally

Well the wait is almost over... delivered to the dealer and will be PDI'd in the morning... then?? what does the weather look like for tomorrow??? Already taken the morning off work ;-D

Black with Tungsten stripes, basic Coupe.... MSRP pricing..... #3 on the list back 2 years ago, ordered March and released to build May 4th... built Aug 9th, released to ship Aug 22nd, (per Ralph) caught for the clutch inspection, inspected Sept 8th by Ralph and released to ship Sept 11th... FINALLY HERE!!! bad news, stuck at work and the car is 1.5hrs away!! will visit tonight though.... perfect timing... my 17yr old daughters birthday!!..

Bert

Well the wait is almost over... delivered to the dealer and will be PDI'd in the morning... then?? what does the weather look like for tomorrow??? Already taken the morning off work ;-D

Black with Tungsten stripes, basic Coupe.... MSRP pricing..... #3 on the list back 2 years ago, ordered March and released to build May 4th... built Aug 9th, released to ship Aug 22nd, (per Ralph) caught for the clutch inspection, inspected Sept 8th by Ralph and released to ship Sept 11th... FINALLY HERE!!! bad news, stuck at work and the car is 1.5hrs away!! will visit tonight though.... perfect timing... my 17yr old daughters birthday!!..

Bert

Congrats! Did Ralph share any specifics about the clutch inspection with you? I've wondered what happened that started the inspections in the first place.

bj

Bert

CONGRAT`S Bert -- Who`s your dealer?

Congrats! Did Ralph share any specifics about the clutch inspection with you? I've wondered what happened that started the inspections in the first place.

bj

Hey VNMOUS1... Yes, I asked Ralph all about the hold back and inspeciton. He told me that the inspection was a static test they did with the car running, not driving it...(My car only has 16km on it pre PDI) He said that there was a concern that one of the clutch plates were dragging... they were checking the clutch reserve... pressure I would guess... Mine checked out fine. Haven't driver her yet... PDI in the morning and yes I WILL BE THERE!!.

Bert

Congrats Bert. Good news! We'll have to get together for sure next time I take mine out to Kitchener

YOU BET!! Black and White together..... will make a good photo....

Bert

CONGRAT`S Bert -- Who`s your dealer?

Thanks... Parkway Ford in Waterloo... .they have been great.... Don Hillman is the guy to look for!! best of all, he is also a car guy... sure shows

Bert

please post pix!

--Russ

Sorry, I had duplicated my posting elsewhere... but here are my thoughts and pix

AWESOME!!! Highly recommend that everyone participate in the dealer PDI! I was able to retain all the paperwork, stickers etc and was able to dictate how I wanted the car delivered. I'm my case, I had them leave all the interior protective coverings in place. The PDI drive was great! What an experience when the blower kicked in!!! OH BABY!! The fit, finish and even the stripes are terrific! I could not be any happier. For a factory paint job, this car is great... not mirror finish but virtually no orange peel. Part of the PDI is inspection under the car... never would get a chance like that again..... great to inspect everything and get a few pictures. As a grey beard, I am used to mechanical throtle response, does take a bit to get used to the drive by wire...but man, responsive is an understatement. Haven't really gotten into it yet, but the couple times she has broken loose has not shown any wheel hope. The clutch feels really good and after the first couple times, no chatter. Was great talking with the PDI Tech.... he was constantly comparing the 500 vs the GT. He specifically highlighted a clunk that he said is in every GT when you quickly release the gas??? I guess quite a few customers have complained about it? I will try to add a few pictures..

here are as delivered, during PDI (on hoist) and delivery

post-6785-1158947915_thumb.jpg

post-6785-1158947994_thumb.jpg

post-6785-1158948050_thumb.jpg

post-6785-1158948125_thumb.jpg

post-6785-1158948239_thumb.jpg

post-6785-1158948370_thumb.jpg

post-6785-1158948506_thumb.jpg

post-6785-1158947915_thumb.jpg

post-6785-1158947994_thumb.jpg

post-6785-1158948050_thumb.jpg

post-6785-1158948125_thumb.jpg

post-6785-1158948239_thumb.jpg

post-6785-1158948370_thumb.jpg

post-6785-1158948506_thumb.jpg

Oh Crap Ya!?! What happened Bert? :shrug:

Car looks Beautiful!! :yup:

I know, I know... front plate... had to do it!! You know the saying, keep your friends close and enemies closer.... well I have too many cops as friends, who would ticket me..... Not too bad though, personalized plate now in place... BITTEN07

OF NOTE:

pulled out of a plaza parking lot today and with the angle of the driveway and the road, craped the front spoiler...!! I was shoked, but not visible damage...

Bert

I know, I know... front plate... had to do it!! You know the saying, keep your friends close and enemies closer.... well I have too many cops as friends, who would ticket me..... Not too bad though, personalized plate now in place... BITTEN07

OF NOTE:

pulled out of a plaza parking lot today and with the angle of the driveway and the road, craped the front spoiler...!! I was shoked, but not visible damage...

Bert

StangFinally,

Congrats! Nice pics. Combo looks great! I know what you mean about the front spoiler. I have done the same thing pulling into a gas station. It sounded horrible to me but no visible damage. It scraped the underside of the spoiler but not too bad. Just have to be very aware of the low clearance and drive slowly (whenever possible) to avoid this again. Anyway, very happy for you and enjoy!!

StangFinally,

Congrats! Nice pics. Combo looks great! I know what you mean about the front spoiler. I have done the same thing pulling into a gas station. It sounded horrible to me but no visible damage. It scraped the underside of the spoiler but not too bad. Just have to be very aware of the low clearance and drive slowly (whenever possible) to avoid this again. Anyway, very happy for you and enjoy!!

Hey GT... Thanks. BTW, I was just crawling because this driveway is sloped in an odd way, and I also went at it angled, but still scraped.... staying away from there now..!! Just have to keep the throttle down and nose up!!

Archived