TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any Shelby Events or Clubs in Central Florida?

Matt N.

As a new Shelby owner, and someone who's relatively new to Central Florida (moved here from Central IL in April), I'm wondering if there are any Shelby clubs or events reasonably close to Winter Haven?...

Otherwise, any other Mustang events, cruise-ins (regular or otherwise), shows, etc?

Winter Haven is somewhat small (although based on the name you can guess the populations gets somewhat inflated (by those who have difficulty driving :shift: ) between October and April... ), but I'm sure there's got to be something in Orlando, Lakeland, Tampa Bay area, etc?

Thanks,

Matt

As a new Shelby owner, and someone who's relatively new to Central Florida (moved here from Central IL in April), I'm wondering if there are any Shelby clubs or events reasonably close to Winter Haven?...

Hey Matt, try these links...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showforum=221

http://www.midfloridamustangclub.com/

The Shelby show in Oviedo (aka Horsepower on the Horsefarm) is a fantastic event (see photo below). About 100 cars last year and more expected this year.

OviedoShelbyShow.jpg

I'm certain that Fantasy of Flight, located in Polk City and run by Kermit Weeks, has an annual event - "Mustangs and Mustangs". (The car and the plane). I don't know the time frame, but I'm sure it could be found on the Fantasy of Flight website. Cool place if you like old airplanes like me!

There are several forum members that are located within a 50-mile radius of Winter Haven, and lots of us scattered over the state. I occassionally get down to the Tampa area to visit family and friends.

Sam

AKA:

We cruise Old Town on Friday night. You are welcome to contact me for my cell and cruise with my wife and I. I have buddys that show up with a Vette and a '79 Olds Hurst ( sweet car) We have some fun. We also head out to 434 and 436 on the 2nd Sat. of the month where the midfloridamustangclub.com hangs out.

Check out the Sept issue of Mustangs and Fast fords. It has an article about the Feb. show on the farm. An article about the KR500 as well.

Glenn

Matt:

Welcome to Florida. As you can tell, summer time is NOT car show time! Most of our larger shows are in the spring and fall.

In early January, there is a large Mustang show (1000+ cars) held at Silver Springs in Ocala. This is a non judged event and is sponsored by National Parts Depot. The first 1000 cars get free registration and admittance to the park. It is a two day event, if you desire to stay.

Spring shows include the show at Fantasy of Flight, hosted by the Imperial Mustang Club. Ths show draws 300+ cars. Website is www.imperialmustangclub.org. You also get two free admissions to the museum.

Also in the spring, the Mid-Florida Mustang Clus holds a large show in Orlando.

Another spring show is hosted by the Suncoast Mustang Club in Pinellas County. (Clearwater / St. Pete)

In the fall, The Mustang Club of Tampa holds a show at the Museum of Science on Industry. The show is on October 25 this year. All registered vehicles also receive 2 free tickets to the museum. Get info and registration info at www.mustangcluboftampa.com. This show gets 225+ cars each year. 2008 is the 27th annual show we have hosted.

In November, the Mustang Club of West Central Florida (Bradenton) hosts a show. I understand this show will be at a new location this year.

Also in October (18th) there is a large show in Lakeland opened to all makes and models. The Imperial Mustang Club and the Mustang Club of Tampa are going to host a "Show within a Show" at this event. All Mustangs will be grouped together. This show draws 400+ cars in total. Website is www.lakemirrorclassic.com.

I am a member of the Mustang Club of Tampa. I usually attend most / all of the above shows each year. Stop by and say "HI". I have a white '66 concourse restored coupe.

Kevin

Archived