TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT 500 KR market

MMcGuirk

I am in the process of helping a friend with a KR purchase.

3 dealers within 20 miles of each other, 7 cars available, ADM between $20K and $75K.

Anybody have a feel for the current market?

Not sure if this answers your question or not but in looking at completed sales on ebay only one has sold. It went for $104,300. One other bid to $112+ but did not meet the reserve. Others have not bid as high as $100. The dealer by me is getting one black and three silver cars and is looking for $120. Maybe when they are sitting in the showroom they will get some better offers. Not much incentive to bid a ton for a car that is not there yet. I think the economy is also hurting the prices of these as well. I would have a hard time buying one at sticker let alone $100k plus. Nice car yes, but 100k nice???

Not sure if this answers your question or not but in looking at completed sales on ebay only one has sold. It went for $104,300. One other bid to $112+ but did not meet the reserve. Others have not bid as high as $100. The dealer by me is getting one black and three silver cars and is looking for $120. Maybe when they are sitting in the showroom they will get some better offers. Not much incentive to bid a ton for a car that is not there yet. I think the economy is also hurting the prices of these as well. I would have a hard time buying one at sticker let alone $100k plus. Nice car yes, but 100k nice???

Economy doesn't play a role with the people buying KR's.

Were getting 3. Asking $140 each. Crazy I know. But there only worth what you'll pay. I'd say $100 would be fair.

Economy doesn't play a role with the people buying KR's.

I would have to disagree there. Anyone who has ~= $100k to put into a non-driver car (and by that, I mean most KRs will not serve "daily driver" duty) is also bound to have money tied up in the stock market, real estate, and business. While the price of gas "at the pump" probably doesn't bother the future KR owner, the price of gas effects the price of everything, which effects business profits - as does the economy. With huge drops in Real Estate valuations, and the stock market still performing poorly, the economy is going to be a concern for just about everyone.

People with that sort of money are also usually pretty smart when it comes to business deals, and are probably decent negotiators. So, they are probably unlikely to pay over "market rate" for the cars. And until the cars actually start arriving on dealer lots, its pretty hard to say what that market rate will be.

I know what I am willing to pay. It is less now than I was willing to pay 12 months ago. With the way the economy looks, even that is starting to feel like a stretch...

Chris.

The economy,oil,housing and the election have all played a big part. A year ago we didn't know the MSRP on the KR with only a 1000 to be made and no 09 GT500's. Fast forward to today, the MSRP on the KR is $80K, there will be 1000 08KR's, 700 plus 09KR's and 3000 09 GT500's and maybe a 10MY GT500. What if Ford decides to come out with a 10MY vert KR? Ford has mislead us all to think the GT500 was to be a limited production Mustang. I for one can not see spending $80 on a KR, I've seen it in the showroom and said no way. For those that have to have one and want to spend that kind of $$$$$ go for it and enjoy your KR.

The economy,oil,housing and the election have all played a big part. A year ago we didn't know the MSRP on the KR with only a 1000 to be made and no 09 GT500's. Fast forward to today, the MSRP on the KR is $80K, there will be 1000 08KR's, 700 plus 09KR's and 3000 09 GT500's and maybe a 10MY GT500. What if Ford decides to come out with a 10MY vert KR? Ford has mislead us all to think the GT500 was to be a limited production Mustang. I for one can not see spending $80 on a KR, I've seen it in the showroom and said no way. For those that have to have one and want to spend that kind of $$$$$ go for it and enjoy your KR.

I don't see a 2010 model being a factor in any of this. 2010 GT500 or KR won't matter much because whatever they do it is going to be a different car. The 2010 is being redesigned. It will have a different look and different interior. So it comes down to which look you rather have. The 2007 - 2009 look or the new 2010 and beyond look?

If you like the 2010 look better then hold out for that and possibly get a great deal.

If you like the 2007 - 2009 look better, get one while you can before they are gone. Now is the best time to get one if you like the current look with MSRP deals around and in some cases you can find one below MSRP.

Right now you only have 804 coupes and 450 verts left to choose from out there in the 08 models.

I don't know how many 09's have been built, but I know it is a lot more than the 151 coupes and 17 verts currently showing up. All these are ordered as stock retail units. Any of the presold units ordered for customers do not show up yet. I know they are out there. Ours was ordered as a sold units and it is not showing up. It was built on 7/22. These only show up much later after they were delivered if they end up not being reported sold. So who knows how many of the 09's have been presold where customers got to order them to their spec's? Somehow I think is more than the current 168 units showing up.

As for the 2010 I don't like the new dash compared to the 2007 - 2009. I don't care for the new tail lights. As for the rest of the car I haven't seen it yet so the verdict is still out on that. So for me anyway, the rest of the design is going to have to be really something to over come the dash and tail lights I don't car for.

I think with the economy which includes real estate,stock,bonds,collector items and energy cost all will force KR prices down. Whats going to happen when the muscle car market is flooded with 6sp SRT Challengers,Camaros and more Shelbys next year ? If the economy is still in the toilet or worst, then the market can't handle all these muscle cars. GM waited way to long to bring out the camaro and revamp the Holden line of cars. The car co's will leave this market real fast. They face much bigger problems then this small market .I bet you can pick up a KR for a song early next year. Then again if the cars are no longer being made that might be a different story.Who the hell knows ,thats why we have winners and losers in this world.

Archived