TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bought a replacement Hood?

BUICK468

I thought about do that exact thing with my original hood. I don't really have a garage that I can turn into a "Shelby Only" parking area. . . . but hanging it on the wall would be a great idea!!

My original hood is going to remain in the box that Quantum Performance shipped it back to me in. Probably put it up in the rafters somewhere or off in a less traveled corner of the unfinished basement until such time I've got a garage like "Rosssvt" has!!

My original hood is wrapped up in bubble-wrap and sitting in the attic right now. I drew up a quick sketch of how to hang it on one of the walls of my garage a while ago. My plan is to make a rack and bolt it to the wall. The hood would then sit in a padded cradle with the front of the hood pointed toward the ceiling with the leftover hood pins and keys to hold the hood in place up against the wall.

I just wish I had the time to do it.

Hanging it on the wall is a great idea. Unfortunately, mine is just a plain boring GT hood with no scoop or stripes! Currently, mine is in the shipping box from the new hood and it is leaned up against the side of the garage wall. I have to be careful not to hit it everything I pull in :(

The thing is just too big! I was going to put it in the attic, but it did not fit through the access door.

Mine is still in the shipping box from Shelby. Going to stay there for awhile.

Roger

Same with mine for now. I have always intended to hang it on the wall and make a garage like Roger's....

Problem is I keep getting deployed or sent TDY...still have boxes not unpacked from when I moved in almost 2 years ago. Wife would prefer for me to take care of those first...and I can't blame her. She keeps getting left here alone all the time, so I need to take care of her first.

That said I had a similar idea of using cables to hang from the rafters in my basement garage. The rubber/plastic covered cable kind that I could run thru the hood pin holes. Easy to hang, move and adjust if needs be.

Archived