TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Would you trade..

mrsuds

Reason I ask is that factors are lining up for me to get a car but it would have to be a coupe, I really want a convertible. If I get a coupe I might approach the local dealers to trade in for a convertible. Of course I would pay the difference.

What do you think the advantage/disadvantage are? Advice anyone..

I know, I know, first I have to get a car..

Personally I don't care for convertibles in a serious performance car because of the structural rigidity. I know they say the new Mustang platform is way more stiff than in the past, but I have never driven a convertible that didn't feel "choppy". I have an '88 GT convertible, and it's a fun car, but I keep sun burning my little bald head in the summer! I did drive a new 6 cyl. Mustang convertible this summer and I have to admit that I was impressed. The way the top fits made the car very quiet. but for me, I like the look of the coupe better, I like they way they drive better, and the difference in price is such that it would never intereset me to buy the GT500 convertible.

I have an '88 GT convertible, and it's a fun car, but I keep sun burning my little bald head in the summer!

That made me giggle... :lol:

I'm not bald but my receding hair line has turned my fourhead into a fivehead.

First negative about a vert swap, must buy sun screen..

I would say...hedge your bet, Suds.

If you c an get a place in line without loss to you (ie: no deposit), go for it. I would try to hold out for official production numbers from Ford, if possible. Hey, if they are making 10k units/year, you will definitely have a shot at a 'vert, then you don't have to worry.

What I don't understand is.......if you can order what you want, then why not order a convertible? Is the dealer indicating that they will be getting only "x" number of convertibles? You are starting to worry me!!!

"Five" head.......FUNNY!!!

Crispy,

Don't worry, if I heard anything negative regarding the convertible, you would be the first to know.

I guess you are right.. If I can order what I want I might as well get what I want.

Go for the vert and keep it as long as you can. Your children and grandchildren will love it.

I have an 8 yr old girl Cheyenne Shelby and a 2 yr old boy Rick Ford. I think these names are non existent in whole Europe.

And it will be a Coupe. The 97 is a convertible, so they have to do with that. Daddy has his own toy. Sorry kids.

Archived