TEAM SHELBY FORUM

IPhone dynolicious

Dynolicious utilizes the accelerometer built in to your iPhone or iPod Touch to sense the motion of your vehicle. This data is sampled as many as one hundred times per second, developing a detailed picture of the car's acceleration. This information is then used to determine the speed of the vehicle and the distance travelled. Due to the unique hardware integrated into the iPhone, this can all be done with no setup, wires, or extra equipment!

http://dynolicious.com/index-2.html

I took if for a spin tonight and it seems to be pretty accurate, 1/4 mile times feel about right.

A few of the nice options are:

Keeps track of all your runs (individually and averages).

You can make note of any mods you have done and compare your numbers against previous runs without the mods.

For 14 bucks, if you have a iPod Touch or iPhone it's a must have.

Stock run screenshots:

IMG_0003.png

Untitled-1.jpg

I took if for a spin tonight and it seems to be pretty accurate, 1/4 mile times feel about right.

You can make note of any mods you have done and compare your numbers against previous runs without the mods.

Stock run screenshots:

IMG_0003.png

Untitled-1.jpg

Cool now we have a tool so we can compare :) What % did you put for drivetrain loss? 15%?

Stock run screenshots:

IMG_0003.png

Untitled-1.jpg

Have you had your car on the dyno? If so do the number's match up for hp? If not been on a dyno what mods do you have?

Have you had your car on the dyno? If so do the number's match up for hp? If not been on a dyno what mods do you have?

It hasn't been on a dyno, and she is bone stock.

HP numbers need some tweeking, one of the settings is drivetrain loss (0% - 25%).

I had it set at 10% and it showed my stock GT 500 at 524 on that 13 second run which is a little high, so I think you will have to make several runs to get a reasonable HP average.

These are my numbers:

1st run - 15 second 1/4 - HP = 450

2nd run - 14.2 second 1/4 - HP = 472

3rd run - 13 second 1/4 - HP = 524

Average HP over 3 runs = 482 @ 10% drivetrain loss.

It hasn't been on a dyno, and she is bone stock.

HP numbers need some tweeking, one of the settings is drivetrain loss (0% - 25%).

I had it set at 10% and it showed my stock GT 500 at 524 on that 13 second run which is a little high, so I think you will have to make several runs to get a reasonable HP average.

These are my numbers:

1st run - 15 second 1/4 - HP = 450

2nd run - 14.2 second 1/4 - HP = 472

3rd run - 13 second 1/4 - HP = 524

Average HP over 3 runs = 482 @ 10% drivetrain loss.

One question I have is do you have to run the entire 1/4 mile to get acurate numbers or can you stop before the program tells u to and just get 0 to 60 times? I dont feel to good about going 120+ on a farm road or any road for that matter.

One question I have is do you have to run the entire 1/4 mile to get acurate numbers or can you stop before the program tells u to and just get 0 to 60 times? I dont feel to good about going 120+ on a farm road or any road for that matter.

You can let off after 60 and finish the 1/4, that should give you an accurate 0-60 time.

someone hurry up and test this at the dragstrip! This may help me decide between a Nokia and the Iphone :P

curious how it stacks up against a time slip.....

Get an iPhone regardless. I just got mine, and I would have to say that it is one of the most amazing pieces of gadgetry I have ever owned. I use it constantly...as an iPod, watching youtube videos, checking my gmail, browsing ebay, all very smoothly and at broadband like speeds. True, you can do many of those things with other phones, but Apple has made it so easy, smooth, and good looking I can hardly put the thing down....which I have never said before about a phone.

Archived