TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Under Belly of a SNAKE!!

I had to change the oil today in the Super Snake. While we were doing it I needed to SLIDE the rear housing over just a hair. I think the suspension had settle and moved. No big deal it just need to be done while it was in the air. Also needed to adjust one of the mufflers we installed. It looked just a slight bit longer than the other side. Went ahead and took a couple of pictures for yall. Thought yall might like to see what it looks like under there.

michael morris

Picture092.jpg

Picture093.jpg

Picture094.jpg

Picture095.jpg

Picture096.jpg

MM, I don't follow any of the SS stuff. What are they ducts under your car?I assume to the rear brakes.Did you add these?Are they available separate somewhere?If not, how about some better pics of them.
They are for the rear brakes. They do come with the SS package. Now that the car is on the ground I dont know if I can get better pictures. They thing just sits so low. I will try Thursday while its on the showroom. I dont know if they are availble thru SPP or not.

michael morris

Michael-did the rear suspension actually shift to one side ? If so, how much did it shift . Shouldn't the adjustable panard rod which Shelby is now installing prevent this from happening.

No, the suspension didn't "shift" it settled. :) Meaning, after driving the vehicle around for a while, the suspension will settle down a bit. This can lower the vehicle a little more and the rear housing could shift over a bit. What you have to do is either raise the suspension (only if you have the adjustable Eibach Suspension kit) a little bit or readjust the panhard bar to compensate for the settling.

Bud

Snoop I do know everything, but I dont always give away the info :hysterical: Blake, the baby is about a month away. Thanks for asking :happy feet: Thanks Bud. It was VERY easy to adjust it back to where it needed to be. It just settle less than a HALF inch, but when you stood behind the car you could tell it wasnt correct.michael morris

If that is the 725 MM would be so kind to post a sound clip of the exhaust? It would help tie ease my hunger for my SS as I am still waiting for it to get completed at SAI. Thanks a million

Ace here are the clips of before and after.

michael morris

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26922

No, the suspension didn't "shift" it settled. :) Meaning, after driving the vehicle around for a while, the suspension will settle down a bit. This can lower the vehicle a little more and the rear housing could shift over a bit. What you have to do is either raise the suspension (only if you have the adjustable Eibach Suspension kit) a little bit or readjust the panhard bar to compensate for the settling.

Bud Thanks for the clarification. Will the same "settling" occur with the Ford Racing suspension and if so is the fix the same

Bud Thanks for the clarification. Will the same "settling" occur with the Ford Racing suspension and if so is the fix the same

It will also settle, but I do not think it will be that much. If it does, you can still adjust the pan hard bar. The suspension is not adjustable. But to do it, it only take a few minutes or so.

Bud

Archived