TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car cover

Mustang Joe

I checked out Hugger Covers, which is located in Bolton. Mike had a table at the 2006 GHMA Stampede show and his stuff looked like it was good quality. Certainly miles better than the cover I've got on my 65. He just created a pattern for the 2007 Shelby and can make a cover in about a week and a half.

A cover is $269 (Canadian $) (EDIT: The price has since increased to $299 Canadian) and you get your choice of colour. You can add a stripe for $100 or two stripes for $150. So for $419 you get a custom cover with matching bag that's specifically tailored to the Shelby. I'm going to order a red cover with white stripes.

Here's some contact information if anyone else is interested:

Mike Giammattolo

President

Hugger Covers Inc.

Tel: 905.857.1800

Toll Free: 1-877-482-6837

Fax: 905.857.1805

Email: mike@huggercovers.com

I checked out Hugger Covers, which is located in Bolton. Mike had a table at the 2006 GHMA Stampede show and his stuff looked like it was good quality. Certainly miles better than the cover I've got on my 65. He just created a pattern for the 2007 Shelby and can make a cover in about a week and a half.

A cover is $269 (Canadian $) and you get your choice of colour. You can add a stripe for $100 or two stripes for $150. So for $419 you get a custom cover with matching bag that's specifically tailored to the Shelby. I'm going to order a red cover with white stripes.

Mike Giammattolo

President

Hugger Covers Inc.

:shift: Mustang Joe, if you know Mike, any interest in maybe us doing a group buy and saving some $$$$, I'm about 30-40 min from Bolton and would def'ly be interested in one. Let me know, maybe Mike can give us a deal??

Joe;

S.V.T power has a good idea ,maybe we can get a discount if we order as a group.

They do make quality covers & I know that day he was at our show that he said he would give our club a discount on his items. Count me in IF I CAN ONLY GET MY CAR.

I would be interested in a group buy as well but would my vert need a different cover to fit correctly?

I'm going to give him a call later today so I'll ask about a group buy. I'll see what he says about the vert needing a different pattern. I suspect he'll need to get his hands on one for some measurements.

• 2 weeks later...

Ford has one for the Shelby part #7R3219A412-A around $500.00 CND......

I have had Hugger Covers make a 68 Thunderbird cover. They did a great job and the price was good.

I would be interested in finding out the price Hugger is going to charge.

When I picked up my GT500 I purchased a cover....but did't find out till this past weekend, that they gave me a Mustang cover and not a Shelby cover.

I made the call back to the dealership to get the cover changed.....but you know how it goes, its gonna cost extra $$$ and it will take months to order and on and on....so my Shelby is hidding under the Mustang cloak.

Please let me know once you get a price.

I have had Hugger Covers make a 68 Thunderbird cover. They did a great job and the price was good.

I would be interested in finding out the price Hugger is going to charge.

When I picked up my GT500 I purchased a cover....but did't find out till this past weekend, that they gave me a Mustang cover and not a Shelby cover.

I made the call back to the dealership to get the cover changed.....but you know how it goes, its gonna cost extra $$$ and it will take months to order and on and on....so my Shelby is hidding under the Mustang cloak.

Bought mine from these guys:

http://www.carcoverworld.com/mustang.asp

They have covers for the 2007 Shelby GT500!

Excellent quick service, all the way to Sweden! I bought two different ones, with Cobra logo.

I just placed my order with Hugger Covers - $419 for red with two white stripes on it. I could have gotten a solid cover for $269 but decided to go with the stripes for another $150. The way these winters seem to go on forever, I'll probably end up looking at the cover more than the car! :rant:

I just placed my order with Hugger Covers - $419 for red with two white stripes on it. I could have gotten a solid cover for $269 but decided to go with the stripes for another $150. The way these winters seem to go on forever, I'll probably end up looking at the cover more than the car! :rant:

Joe

Would that price be the same for everyone else....$419.00 or is that a power buy...did you ask if he would give special discounts?

I'd like blue with WHite Stripes...can you take some pics of your car cover when you gte it...is it breathable?

Cheers,

Barry

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up my cover on Saturday morning from Hugger Covers and it's excellent. Here are some photos:

post-3014-1160960388_thumb.jpg

post-3014-1160960398_thumb.jpg

She even put a white stripe on the bag for me :)

post-3014-1160960407_thumb.jpg

The cover is made with quality material and the workmanship is great. As you can see, the fit is beautiful. I'm having them make a cover for my 65 to replace the crappy one on it now. You can just see the corner of it in the second photo.

I highly recommend these guys.

I have spoken with Hugger as well and like what they had to tell me, but a friend had a custom cover made for a 40 Studebaker by California Covers (http://www.calcarcover.com) and he highly recommended them. I am looking for a cover for both outdoor and indoor use... Hugger recommended the Noah cover, where California Covers recommended the Superweave. The Noah has to be dry cleaned and the Superweave can be put thru the washer. Prices are lower at California including exchange and shipping...

They also have the specific fit for the GT 500... FYI...

I picked up my cover on Saturday morning from Hugger Covers and it's excellent. Here are some photos:

She even put a white stripe on the bag for me :)

The cover is made with quality material and the workmanship is great. As you can see, the fit is beautiful. I'm having them make a cover for my 65 to replace the crappy one on it now. You can just see the corner of it in the second photo.

I highly recommend these guys.

Say, I wonder if they make thong covers, in pink maybe, we could probably use a few dozen?

Back at ya :hysterical:

DId you get your car Capsule Dave...I'm on the fence for which one to get...have you got any PICS?

Barry

I still haven't ordered Barry. My friend Rob, #3 Erinwood, has had his TransAm in a Carcoon over the winter for a few years now and it looks great. Carcoon is big money, around $800. (made in England) The Carcapsule is around $300. (made in USA)

Dave.

I still haven't ordered Barry. My friend Rob, #3 Erinwood, has had his TransAm in a Carcoon over the winter for a few years now and it looks great. Carcoon is big money, around $800. (made in England) The Carcapsule is around $300. (made in USA)

Dave.

\Dave:

Do you have any info or pictures of the Carcapsule? I`ve seen the Carcoon & your right alot of money.

\Dave:

Do you have any info or pictures of the Carcapsule? I`ve seen the Carcoon & your right alot of money.

Hey Kevin, Take a look at thir Website. www.carcapsule.com

I had been talking to a Dealer in California that would sell them for $275US with $40US Shipping costs.

There might be somebody around locally, Ontario, that might be able to come up with a comparable price without getting hit with UPS or Fedex Brokerage fees? I haven't found one yet.

Dave.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A cover is $269 (Canadian $) and you get your choice of colour. You can add a stripe for $100 or two stripes for $150. So for $419 you get a custom cover with matching bag that's specifically tailored to the Shelby. I'm going to order a red cover with white stripes.

Mike Giammattolo

President

Hugger Covers Inc.

Thanks MUSTANG JOE just talked with MARSHA [MIKE'S WIFE] going in tomorow to leave a deposit red with both white stripes iI also told her about you posting for them she said thank's getting lot's of order's for the SHELBY even from the state's.THANK'S AGAIN AND best of luck!

Thanks MUSTANG JOE just talked with MARSHA [MIKE'S WIFE] going in tomorow to leave a deposit red with both white stripes iI also told her about you posting for them she said thank's getting lot's of order's for the SHELBY even from the state's.THANK'S AGAIN AND best of luck!

got my cover today from marsha at hugger covers,it is fantastic.what a great fit.hugger covers are top notch in service,quality and price. also marsha told me to clear things up about the price of a single colour cover,it is not $269 as prevoiusly mentioned but it is $299 Canadian,maybe the other guy put $269 but that is in US dollars. i will post some photos soon of the cover on my shelby. :yahoo: p.s.---hi marsha and mike,hello from danny here in bolton.keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!

got my cover today from marsha at hugger covers,it is fantastic.what a great fit.hugger covers are top notch in service,quality and price. also marsha told me to clear things up about the price of a single colour cover,it is not $269 as prevoiusly mentioned but it is $299 Canadian,maybe the other guy put $269 but that is in US dollars. i will post some photos soon of the cover on my shelby. :yahoo: p.s.---hi marsha and mike,hello from danny here in bolton.keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!

congrats dan marsha told me she was sending black with silver stripes out today and to take a look at it but had no time.Very nice lady!!also mentioned about the price mix up start's at $299.00 +$150.00 for two stripes hopefully I have time tomorow?BEST OF LUCK ! :happy feet:

also marsha told me to clear things up about the price of a single colour cover,it is not $269 as prevoiusly mentioned but it is $299 Canadian,maybe the other guy put $269 but that is in US dollars.

Just to clear things up: when I bought mine in October 2006 the price was $269 Canadian but it has since gone up to $299. I still recommend them even at that price as the quality is great.

I'll go back and edit my previous post to make sure that people are aware of the new price.

• 2 months later...
Just to clear things up: when I bought mine in October 2006 the price was $269 Canadian but it has since gone up to $299. I still recommend them even at that price as the quality is great.

I'll go back and edit my previous post to make sure that people are aware of the new price.

Thanks Mustang Joe for the tip I finally picked mine up today red with white stripe's.They were also only 10 min from my house.BEST OF LUCK!

Archived