TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR Insurance rates??

Now that a few KR's are out there, how are you guys insuring them?? Got a quote from State Farm, around $1,200/yr ?? i don't think they know what it is?? if I may ask what rates, what coverage, what company? Thanks!

If you have a "classic" as well, you can try Heacock Classic. As long as you insure your KR as a "Collector" car and go with the restrictions that entails, they do a pretty good package price... I forget the exact quote I got for a pair of KRs (one '68, one '08), but the deal was so good I retired my '98 Saleen to 3k mile per year collectible status and swapped my '68 over, and saved about $1200/year over my existing Hagerty/Mercury policies...

Mind you, of course, the proof of an insuranance company is their claims process, and thankfully I haven't any experience there, but they are underwritten by a decent company...

Chris.

If you have a "classic" as well, you can try Heacock Classic. As long as you insure your KR as a "Collector" car and go with the restrictions that entails, they do a pretty good package price... I forget the exact quote I got for a pair of KRs (one '68, one '08), but the deal was so good I retired my '98 Saleen to 3k mile per year collectible status and swapped my '68 over, and saved about $1200/year over my existing Hagerty/Mercury policies...

Mind you, of course, the proof of an insuranance company is their claims process, and thankfully I haven't any experience there, but they are underwritten by a decent company...

Chris.

AAA insurance has mine insured at $85,000 and it is 1,398.00 per year that is with a flawless driving record

AAA insurance has mine insured at $85,000 and it is 1,398.00 per year that is with a flawless driving record

That sounds high. Did you shop around a bit?

I don't have a KR in the stable but before my current Shelby GT500 I sold my Porsche 911S value around $90K... State Farm insured me to the hilt on the Porsche for around $70/ month ($840/year). My plain jane GT500 (agreed value policy @ $45K) is around $40/month ($500/year). Granted, these rates have slight discount built in as we also have our home and an SUV insured with State Farm.

Good driving record & I'm in Ohio in an area which is part-rural, part housing developments about 40 miles outside Cleveland.

Then again, the Porsche C2S "only" had 355 horsepower!!!!! Also could be that the insurance folks escalate the KR premiums based

on factors such as inability to forecast exact $ cost of some OEM replacement KR parts (CF hood, Alcoa wheels with unique script...)

That sounds high. Did you shop around a bit?

I don't have a KR in the stable but before my current Shelby GT500 I sold my Porsche 911S value around $90K... State Farm insured me to the hilt on the Porsche for around $70/ month ($840/year). My plain jane GT500 (agreed value policy @ $45K) is around $40/month ($500/year). Granted, these rates have slight discount built in as we also have our home and an SUV insured with State Farm.

Good driving record & I'm in Ohio in an area which is part-rural, part housing developments about 40 miles outside Cleveland.

Then again, the Porsche C2S "only" had 355 horsepower!!!!! Also could be that the insurance folks escalate the KR premiums based

on factors such as inability to forecast exact $ cost of some OEM replacement KR parts (CF hood, Alcoa wheels with unique script...)

this was NOT an easy car to get insured

Archived