TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rear Decklid Shelby lettering

Shelby101

I have a question.

On the early models shown the word SHELBY was across the lower truck decklid,centered on the back, as opposed to it being offsetto the left. When I call SVT they said it was because the letters did not stick well to the vinyl.

If the stripe delete option is taken, is it possible to have the letters on the truck decklid as originally shown?

As they were in the 60's.

If you have any insite on this please advise.

Hi

You can only get the offset lettering with a factory car.

You can buy these and remove the factory offset letters and put the indivdual letters on:

http://www.hillbankmotorsports.com/product...ducts_id=100009

Alot of folks wanted the lettering that was shown on the prototype and considering how some of the striping jobs haven't been the best maybe Ford will rethink offering them as on the prototype. You'd hope they could figure a way to accomplish that.

I have a question.

On the early models shown the word SHELBY was across the lower truck decklid,centered on the back, as opposed to it being offsetto the left. When I call SVT they said it was because the letters did not stick well to the vinyl.

If the stripe delete option is taken, is it possible to have the letters on the truck decklid as originally shown?

As they were in the 60's.

If you have any insite on this please advise.

Ok if the SHELBY letters don't stick well to vinyl then why are the letters on the Shelby GT over the stripes??? I am guessing they didnt want to fool with trying to center them and have more complaints about that. The GT on the other hand will be a hand made car at Shelby and will get more attention to detail. Just my 2 cents.

I've tried getting an answer to this on the S197 boards - to no avail.

Does anyone know if the GT badges on the fenders are stuck with adhesive or do they have holes drilled for alignment.

Sorry for the hijack - been bugging me.

Ruf'fy I don't think that Ford has Pinned any Badges since the eary 80's. Caused too many Rust issues. Drilled Holes with no proper Primer and Paint = The Rusties!

I have a set of S H E L B Y letters that I'm still waiting to put under the Third Brake Light. There is enough room.

Look at the Concept Car for the Proper Spacing!

Even better pricing I just noticed on EBAY a few. I don't know how to link to it, but a number to one of them is 120033394087. $29.99 +ship

I'm wondering if these letters are the same size?? The $99 set "look" smaller, but I don't know if that's the case or not. I wanna do the same letter swap on my car, that is supposed to be here the 27th of this month.

I've tried getting an answer to this on the S197 boards - to no avail.

Does anyone know if the GT badges on the fenders are stuck with adhesive or do they have holes drilled for alignment.

Sorry for the hijack - been bugging me.

Rufdraft the fenders do have holes drilled into them for the badge fitment

I have a set of S H E L B Y letters that I'm still waiting to put under the Third Brake Light. There is enough room.

Do these letters come separate or are the provided on one background. Seems to me it would be a real bitch to get them all lined up correctly if they were separate letters.

Ruf'fy I don't think that Ford has Pinned any Badges since the eary 80's. Caused too many Rust issues. Drilled Holes with no proper Primer and Paint = The Rusties!

Those have to be tiny if they fit under the light! I'm having my stripes painted on in mid-Oct and they have to take the original off the trunk anyway. Where'd you get your separates?

bj

Those have to be tiny if they fit under the light! I'm having my stripes painted on in mid-Oct and they have to take the original off the trunk anyway. Where'd you get your separates?

bj

I bought them off of EBay when they First became available $27US?. I've compared them to what's on my Shelby and they definitely aren't Counterfeit. FOMOCO

They are 'provided on a background'. Double-sided Tape. I'll let my Bobyshop Guy put them on straight.

The Shelby American Lettering is indeed Smaller.

I bought them off of EBay when they First became available $27US?. I've compared them to what's on my Shelby and they definitely aren't Counterfeit. FOMOCO

They are 'provided on a background'. Double-sided Tape. I'll let my Bobyshop Guy put them on straight.

The Shelby American Lettering is indeed Smaller.

I just measured mine and it looks like the originals will fit, too. Since I'm having it striped I may do this. I can always toss it back over to the side if need be. Is your font the same as the one that comes on the '07?

Thanks.

The letters are separate, BUT they are on a strip of plastic that keeps them aligned. The FORD part number is 7R3Z-6342528-B. AND included is pic...I hope

Not positive the letters shown on the GT and CS are same letters. Mine are what is stock on car.

Well, it's quite obvious that the letters are different in the two upper photos. I'm still not sure which ones are correct, but if VNMOUS1 says they'll fit, they should fit. Maybe I'll try getting a new set of letters across the decklid, before I remove the ones off to the left.

The letters in the lefthand picture are stock GT500 letters. The photo to the right is the Shelby GT and use letters supplied by Shelby. stock letters $35, Shelby letters $99 your choice.

As Bill, scgt500, said....yes, the STOCK Ford S H E L B Y Letters Do Fit under the 3rd Brakelight. Apparenty Ford didn't want to stick them over the Vinyl Stripes?

As Bill, scgt500, said....yes, the STOCK Ford S H E L B Y Letters Do Fit under the 3rd Brakelight. Apparenty Ford didn't want to stick them over the Vinyl Stripes?

Well, we'll see how long the less expensive stock Shelby letters stay on the vinyl on a garage queen car. I'd guess a real long time!

Archived