TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CLEANING STRIPES

STSVT

Hello to all, i know this has been discussed before but besides replacing the vinyl stripes for the 07 and 08 SHELBY GT,S has any one been able to remove those brown stains from the silver stripes on these cars If so what did you use. It seems some kind of mineral is in the surface of the vinyl that mixes with i guess acid rain that stains the stripes. I heard lime a way cleaner will work or white vinegar if any one knows please let me know. I have heard horror stories from dealers who tried to remove the old stripes and damaged the paint. They tried to heat up the vinyl stripes and still could not remove them and damaged the finish . I guess they didnt know what they were doing...... THANKS FOR ANY INFO

Have you tried using a fine polishing compound such as 3m's finesse on them? Then put a good coat of wax on them. I havent hade any problems with my stripes, but I have read such problems. I have used finesse on mine.

I don't have a SGT, but I did have some of that rust colored rail dust on my white GT500 stripes. I used Mothers California Clay bar kit very carefully on them. They cleaned right up. I then waxed them.

I don't have a SGT, but I did have some of that rust colored rail dust on my white GT500 stripes. I used Mothers California Clay bar kit very carefully on them. They cleaned right up. I then waxed them.

I get some of that tiny rust specs on the back of mine around the rear bumper and below the trunk lid. I use claybar and that removes it. But that is not the same thing the SGT has. The spots on the SGT look more like rusty water spots and they don't come out. At least they wouldn't on the White 07 SGT we had. That was how the car came in. Nothing would remove it.

That clay bar is the sh_t! I got some and used on my 73 mach 1. Man, that stuff works great.

Archived