TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Golden Colorado Super cruise

old guy

This is not a Shelby event, but there are plenty of Shelbys, Fords and Mustangs of all years as well as everything else at this monthly super cruise in Golden. For those in Colorado who have never been there, if you are a gear head in general, like looking at some nice cars and enjoy cruising the main street or just want to spend a "really cool" evening with the family, you really need to experience this. Several hundred cars show up the first Saturday of every month during the Summer and the entire town turns into a huge cruise night. This is a FUN night for car lovers or families.

I discovered this last year and was amazed at how many different cars show up every month. I think June and July probably hit over a thousand cars.

Here's the web site, which doesn't really do the event justice.

http://www.goldensupercruise.com

Check out some of the photos from the past couple of months to get an idea of what the event is about.

By the way, if you do go, please show some restraint. Some jerk did a huge burnout back in June and really got the city riled up. The police are out and they ARE enforcing the laws. Here is an excerpt from their web page...

The Super Cruise is held on public streets. No laws are suspended. Courtesy and respect are more important than ever. The rules apply equally to one or 1000 cars. Is there anything confusing or unclear about this?

The person that did the huge burnout in front of Woody’s and Table Mountain Inn during the June 7 Cruise has seriously damaged our relationship with the City of Golden. You should feel fortunate that nothing is going to be done other than to tell you that if you can’t find some impulse control, then do not come back to the Golden Super Cruise. You have done more damage than anything or anyone in over three years of Cruises if that makes you feel particularly heroic.

There were others that went well over the line in the same vicinity. There have been all sorts of excuses, but you know better. You are downtown and you know better. No one has to tell you where the line is. You know where the line is.

And to the 4x4’s that went wheels up on the median – what were you thinking? Where did you get the idea that the Cruise was about acting up?

Here’s the result. People will be watching and recording the license numbers of those that act up. The response will range from a polite reminder letter to a citation. We had evolved way past this and now we have to go back to monitoring people because a few were so desperate for attention. So now we get to rat out our friends.

People have to realize that screwing around is not what the Cruise is about. If you don’t agree and just can’t act respectfully, then don’t come to the Cruise to wreck it for the rest of us.

Mark, Pauline thanks for letting us know about this it was a blast I and Lani enjoyed it very much and thanks for the cigar it was alife saver!!!! please let us know about September date for this event we would love to go out again what a great time and I will furnish the cigars next time!!

Mick :party2:

This event really is spectacular. This is not your everyday car cruise where people park in one parking lot and come and go throughout the evening. This involved nearly every parking lot along miles of road, and many hundreds of cars actually cruising! People were lined up along the route in chairs, on the grass, even sitting in the sprinklers, just cheering the cars on like a parade. Every kind of car was represented, from a group of 427 Cobras at the Pizza Hut, to a pair of Panteras at a gas station, to a guy with a Ford GT and a Lambo at the Sonic. Street rods, muscle cars, lead sleds, fins, military vehicles, custom builds, kit cars, exotics, you name it. I also got to meet up with a few from this site (Oldguy and 08SGT1042), and a few from The Mustang Source forums that I'd never met in person, and enjoyed their company. The event is the first Saturday of every month through October. The website says from 6-9 pm, but it was going strong at 4:30 and still packed at 9:30. Thanks for the tip, Mark. We look forward to seeing you and Pauline (and Mick and Lani) at future events.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw Mark and Rick from a distance, but got there too late and missed all of ya. It was a great cruise, but lacked something without the camaraderie of the fellow Shelbyists. I did meet a guy desperate to sell me his Pantera, but not many interesting conversations, just nice cars. I ended up leaving fairly early.

I couldn't head down to Golden until about 6:00pm. Don't know if I was early or late (obviously late for those of you who met at the sonic at 3:30) but didn't see that many cars though some were pretty nice. No Shelbys? Didn't stay long.

CC

Lani and I got there around 3:30-4:00 ate a little something from Sonic and watched the cars roll thru, ran into Rick and Shannon talked for a little bit walk around looking at the rides seen Jim from a distance and we left around 6 had a dinner engagement with the oldest son and his better half. Sorry we missed you we'll see those of you on the 13th at the Wild West Auto show who are coming and the rest we will se on the 20th!

Shannon & I had a great time. Good to see you there, Mick. Sorry we didn't hook back up after we ate dinner. It took forever to get back to the Sonic, and you were already gone.

Tony, I think we saw you from a distance while we were eating dinner.

We'll have to get a little more organized next time. Maybe meet up outside Golden and drive in together.

Shannon & I had a great time. Good to see you there, Mick. Sorry we didn't hook back up after we ate dinner. It took forever to get back to the Sonic, and you were already gone.

Tony, I think we saw you from a distance while we were eating dinner.

We'll have to get a little more organized next time. Maybe meet up outside Golden and drive in together.

Rick,

My Shelby didn't seem to get that much attention; now I realize it's because everyone had already been drooling over yours!

Tony

Archived