TEAM SHELBY FORUM

More photos of mine

Grabber

This car is great. I have almost had it a month now but the crazy out of town work hours have kept me from driving it much. Got 338 miles on it. Shined the tires up today after cruzin it around :shift: . Had to take some more photos of it. I still have a grin on my face when I go into the garage :D . Luv to drive the car. Rob

This car is great. I have almost had it a month now but the crazy out of town work hours have kept me from driving it much. Got 338 miles on it. Shined the tires up today after cruzin it around :shift: . Had to take some more photos of it. I still have a grin on my face when I go into the garage :D . Luv to drive the car. Rob

Yeah, that's nice looking. I saw one on a local lot and it looked very "elegant" I think - particularly in white.

Hey, Rob.

She's sweet!

First thing in the morning - you walk into the garage - and there she is.

You climb in - buckle up - twist the key - and she comes to life - rumbling.

A smile forms on your face.

The smell of leather.

Ah - life is good. :rockon:

VERY NICE - I really like the interior ---ENJOY

Hey, Rob.

She's sweet!

First thing in the morning - you walk into the garage - and there she is.

You climb in - buckle up - twist the key - and she comes to life - rumbling.

A smile forms on your face.

The smell of leather.

Ah - life is good. :rockon:

Ruff: I wish I could drive her to work but, first thing, walk into the garage, then put on work boots and then have to walk by the stang :( and get into the old company truck :wacko: and drive it to work. This stang is a week end cruzer for me. The only problem is that the weekends are too short, and if its nice out - my Harley Davidson Road King Classic sometimes calls me to the open road. B) One thing is certianly true - LIFE IS GOOD ON THE OPEN ROAD. GOD IS GOOD.

I like that scoop too. I thought someone mentioned on the ShelbyGT that the scoop looked tacked-on. Maybe it was just because it's a prototype -- they should use this CS hood... nice!

Good luck and enjoy, Rob!

I like that scoop too. I thought someone mentioned on the ShelbyGT that the scoop looked tacked-on. Maybe it was just because it's a prototype -- they should use this CS hood... nice!

Good luck and enjoy, Rob!

Hay 68 FB: Thanks for the comments. Some say the cosmetic scoops on the hood and doors look tacky but for me it is what made me order the car. It just looks plain cool :rockon: and with the GT500 rear facia and the front facia being unique (1-1/2 inch lower) I just had to order one. Now I have a problem. :sos: Might need some help on this one. When the Bullit comes out, how does one justify to the wife that he needs 2 Stangs :shrug: . I do not think that she will buy "Honey the CS needs company in the shop". You know if Ford really does come out with a new Stang every year, this habit could get addicting, and expensive.

Hay 68 FB: Thanks for the comments. Some say the cosmetic scoops on the hood and doors look tacky but for me it is what made me order the car. It just looks plain cool :rockon: and with the GT500 rear facia and the front facia being unique (1-1/2 inch lower) I just had to order one. Now I have a problem. :sos: Might need some help on this one. When the Bullit comes out, how does one justify to the wife that he needs 2 Stangs :shrug: . I do not think that she will buy "Honey the CS needs company in the shop". You know if Ford really does come out with a new Stang every year, this habit could get addicting, and expensive.

I see you've cracked the code <lol> ...and then there's the Boss!!!

;)

I drive my car every single day - I'm not sure when my last day will be - so I drive it every time I wake up!

Let's not EVEN start talking about Mach's and Boss' and such right now.

Geez - I just got this one and have yet to get "it right." :rockon:

I'll check back here in a year or two - or three!

Amen on the driving it every day because you DON'T know what tomorrow brings...

Screw the grandchildren...

Ask me about my hood!

05_DaHood.jpg

Pitpup: What is up with the hood project. Is that a spoiler in the background? Enlighten us.

Rob

I think your right - the dude is building his own Boss. He just could not waite. Too cool :rockon:

Amen on the driving it every day because you DON'T know what tomorrow brings...

Screw the grandchildren...

Ask me about my hood!

05_DaHood.jpg

Pitpup - I agree 100% on enjoyin life while you can. These cars sure do help with that. I just recovered from 3 surgeries last month to remove melanoma cancer from my body - and now I am cancer free and I say AMEN and praise the Lord for that.

A man after my own heart!

Who drives their stang to work every day? Mine is home in the garage sleeping.

Congrats Rob!

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

*I* am he who drives their stang to work everyday. Shelby never sleeps. She merely cools off, waiting for the next romp through the streets. I got her into the garage last night, just seconds before a hailstorm pelted the driveway. She'll reward me today for that care and attention.

I hate mornings....but I can better tolerate them when I think of what occupies the left bay of the garage. As soon as I twist the key, an alarm-activating rumble pours from twin 4" polished bores, taking aim at their next victim.

Rolling through the streets of my suburban hometown, I am careful not to unleash the fury that strains at the bulges of the wide, muscular hood. Smoothly running her through the gears, the tach sweeps past the "sweet spot" of the Ford Racing axle-backs, offering a rewarding snarl to announce her arrival.

It's as though manning the office of the GT500 creates a force that immediately attempts to disconnect the left side of my brain from my right foot. Logic tells me that restraint is the key to a mutually respectful relationship with the local authorities, yet Shelby sits on my shoulder next to my right ear and whispers words of desire, power and evil. My tread of my shoe interlocks with the pattern of the throttle, like a finger wrapping around the satin-finished trigger of a .44 Magnum. A hair's breadth separates a polished primer from becoming a spent round, and the muscles of my foot and leg tense as I imagine the engine bay filled with spitting Cobras, bull sharks, and hornets. As with the trigger of the gun, the power and destruction can take its toll in the blink of an eye. Do I do the responsible thing and let my left brain take charge? Or, do I listen to the siren's song of Shelby and let restraint be damned?

Aw, screw it.....I'm going for a ride!

Have a great weekend everyone!

:shift:

bj

*I* am he who drives their stang to work everyday. Shelby never sleeps. She merely cools off, waiting for the next romp through the streets. I got her into the garage last night, just seconds before a hailstorm pelted the driveway. She'll reward me today for that care and attention.

I hate mornings....but I can better tolerate them when I think of what occupies the left bay of the garage. As soon as I twist the key, an alarm-activating rumble pours from twin 4" polished bores, taking aim at their next victim.

Rolling through the streets of my suburban hometown, I am careful not to unleash the fury that strains at the bulges of the wide, muscular hood. Smoothly running her through the gears, the tach sweeps past the "sweet spot" of the Ford Racing axle-backs, offering a rewarding snarl to announce her arrival.

It's as though manning the office of the GT500 creates a force that immediately attempts to disconnect the left side of my brain from my right foot. Logic tells me that restraint is the key to a mutually respectful relationship with the local authorities, yet Shelby sits on my shoulder next to my right ear and whispers words of desire, power and evil. My tread of my shoe interlocks with the pattern of the throttle, like a finger wrapping around the satin-finished trigger of a .44 Magnum. A hair's breadth separates a polished primer from becoming a spent round, and the muscles of my foot and leg tense as I imagine the engine bay filled with spitting Cobras, bull sharks, and hornets. As with the trigger of the gun, the power and destruction can take its toll in the blink of an eye. Do I do the responsible thing and let my left brain take charge? Or, do I listen to the siren's song of Shelby and let restraint be damned?

Aw, screw it.....I'm going for a ride!

Have a great weekend everyone!

bj

Wow: That write up evokes the imagination of when I was a little kid. It is nice to go back to that place of thought.Most of us are still Kids at heart in a baby boomers body. Have a fun ride. Rob :rockon:

Wow: That write up evokes the imagination of when I was a little kid. It is nice to go back to that place of thought.Most of us are still Kids at heart in a baby boomers body. Have a fun ride. Rob :rockon:

Yeah, well.....I printed that out and took it upstairs to read it to my wife. After she heard it she said I needed to get laid.

If that's all it took I'd have written more when I was younger.

bj

Yeah, well.....I printed that out and took it upstairs to read it to my wife. After she heard it she said I needed to get laid.

bj

:hysterical:

I think this is the part that got her excited :yup:

...Rolling through the streets of my suburban hometown, I am careful not to unleash the fury that strains at the bulges of the wide, muscular ... <lol>

Whew!

And I thought I had it bad... :baby:

It's going to take me a little while to get used to the slow (from what I'm used to) throttle response - and how slow the R's fall off...

Every time I walk past the car - it's calling out to me.

I love the part about Shelby on your shoulder!

"Shelby on my shoulder's makes me happy - Shelby almost always makes me high!"

Sorry, John Dutchendorf....

Whew!

And I thought I had it bad... :baby:

It's going to take me a little while to get used to the slow (from what I'm used to) throttle response - and how slow the R's fall off...

Every time I walk past the car - it's calling out to me.

I love the part about Shelby on your shoulder!

"Shelby on my shoulder's makes me happy - Shelby almost always makes me high!"

Sorry, John Dutchendorf....

I wuz thinkin' 'bout ya when I wuz writin', Teach. :)

Hey, do you think that if Mr. Dutchenbag had a Shelby, he'd forget to put gas in it, too?

bj

:hysterical:

I think this is the part that got her excited :yup:

...Rolling through the streets of my suburban hometown, I am careful not to unleash the fury that strains at the bulges of the wide, muscular ... <lol>

Kinda Harlequin, don't ya think?

bj

I wuz thinkin' 'bout ya when I wuz writin', Teach. :)

Hey, do you think that if Mr. Dutchenbag had a Shelby, he'd forget to put gas in it, too?

bj

Kinda Harlequin, don't ya think?

bj

Yeah, I thought it was cool, BJ!

ok, all together now (including you Carroll ;-) :

"Country roads

Take me home,

To the place

I be - long - ong

W.Virginia,

Mountain momma

Take me home [down]

Country roads

;)

bj

:hysterical2: Wow, if that worked for you I might have to try it. Between you and the teach (Ruff) maybe I could refine my educational writing. Time to go ride the Harley :bike:

Is that why he crashed - forgot fuel?

God - I hope not.

Denver entertained me for a lot of years when I was on the road.

Take me home - country roads - and they did.

R.I.P.

That was exactly it. John bought a homebuilt (albeit a very popular, generally very safe homebuilt) call a Long-EZ. They are a Dick Rutan, forward cunard design that is "stall proof" (right!)

Anyway....John bought it, hadn't flown in some time...most certainly wasn't current in a Long-EZ...and this one was a little different than designed. Long story short, he didn't pre-flight the plane. Here's the NTSB narrative:

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=2...09045&key=1

I have a commercial pilot certificate and have been flying for over 20 years. It is freakin' beyond me how anyone can run out of fuel in an aircraft unless there's a systems failure. He's not the only idiot. It happens all the time.

:sos:

bj

Archived