TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Show us your stripes!

RogerS

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just a heads up....I had trouble finding a 3M rubber squeegee at parts houses and at local paint stores...finally found a Window film kit at Lowes for $6 that comes w/ rubber squeegee and a small roller squeegee, utility knife, low lint cloth, solution application (not using this solution-will go w/ Rogers recommendation in instructions) and an edging tool. Haven't tried yet, but looks like everything you'll need for applying. It is made by Gila, product no. is RTK500. Hope to get some time later tonight and attempt my stripe install......Craig

Craig,

Let us know how you make out. If you need any assistance just give me a call. You have my number.

Any soft clean squegee will do. Just make sure you do not press too hard to scratch or scrape the stripes.

Roger

Mine are 1.5" with a 1" gap. I wouldn't have thought of red as a good accent color for blue (and others may still feel that way), but I really like it. And they go with the PBF logo and the red center caps, too. Whether people like them or not, I couldn't get more attention if I strapped Pamela Anderson to the hood.

Well, you know what I mean...

I've got the VB too and the RED looks AWESOME!!!!!! As if these cars NEED anyMORE attention drawn to them!

Craig,

Let us know how you make out. If you need any assistance just give me a call. You have my number.

Any soft clean squegee will do. Just make sure you do not press too hard to scratch or scrape the stripes.

Roger

will do. Thought I was going to get to it tonight but that fell thru when the in-laws showed up! Oh well, maybe tomorrow evening.

Gosh, you guys are killing me with these stripes! ALL of them look bitchin!!!!! I have to say Swedeman stole the show with that shot at dusk pic, that thing is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Anyway, i've had my car all of one week and between the CSM# and these stripes I haven't stopped salavating yet! And I have to say, with all the posts i've been reading I haven't found a FINER group of GENTLEMEN!

I must agree that we have a great bunch here. I have met several of you locally and have enjoyed the camaraderie. Have you put the red stripes on yet HORSBYT? OMG do people stare! Some don't like them, others don't understand, some get it, and some drool, but they all stare. Yes, I do enjoy that, but I'd have them even if no one noticed. I had considered the mod about 3 years ago when I got my 05 GT, but felt it might have been a bit too much. I knew I'd get it, but figured no one else would. At least now I can show pictures of other cars with fender stripes. My wife still thinks they look stupid. Oh well...

I simply love the fact that nobody really WOULD know what they were. I showed them to a guy who works for me today (who's a car buff) and I said, "Hey, what do you think of these?" His reply, "Is that how you're going to keep track of how many Chevy's you beat?!" I thought that was classic. Then I explained to him their historical purpose and agreed they were brilliant! I mean it sort of dazzles the mind to think, "Who the heck would put stripes there and WHY??!!!" I think that alone makes a statement.... Ok, how do I get mine??!!! I'm thinking the brightest yellow there is for me!

Help!?!?!

I just got my Terlingua decals in the mail from Team Shelby!! So here's the question. . . . . they are a standard 'sticker' but do I install them just like I did the stripes??? Clean area with alcohol, spray with soap/water solution and roll out the water/air bubbles??

OR

Is there some other technique for installing them??

Trevor

EDIT:

2nd Question: Placement - upper part of fender in traditional location? Even without all the other decals? Advice?

I was leaning more toward putting them above the PBF emblem simply because they're neatly together rather than all spread out.

What was our final decision on placement?

More. I looked at how the Terlingua sticker was put on the Terlingua V6 Racer. Saw one picture where it was zoomed in on the sticker (Road and Driver article) and determined the sticker at closest approach was 1 and 1/4" from the edge of the door seam. Figured that was the "official" place to put it.

post-14287-1218589684.jpg

post-14287-1218589707.jpg

post-14287-1218589720.jpg

post-14287-1218589684.jpg

post-14287-1218589707.jpg

post-14287-1218589720.jpg

One thing I know from having my stripes on is this....now people are REALLY mixed up! They seem to like it but are very confused as to why the stripe is on there. They say "OK this is a Shelby GT but not a GT500"? "Yes". " Ok why the stripe"? "Well Terlingua is a racing Mustang". "So this is a Terlingua package on this Shelby too"? "Well no I just thought it looked good". "Hmmmmm OK".

So people like it but it is not a factory item on the car and it mixes them up even more. I like they way it looks so I am keeping it but it does nothing to starighten people out about this car who are already confused about our cars.

Did you all get that?

Swede

More. I looked at how the Terlingua sticker was put on the Terlingua V6 Racer. Saw one picture where it was zoomed in on the sticker (Road and Driver article) and determined the sticker at closest approach was 1 and 1/4" from the edge of the door seam. Figured that was the "official" place to put it.

EDITED:

One thing I know from having my stripes on is this....now people are REALLY mixed up! They seem to like it but are very confused as to why the stripe is on there. They say "OK this is a Shelby GT but not a GT500"? "Yes". " Ok why the stripe"? "Well Terlingua is a racing Mustang". "So this is a Terlingua package on this Shelby too"? "Well no I just thought it looked good". "Hmmmmm OK".

So people like it but it is not a factory item on the car and it mixes them up even more. I like they way it looks so I am keeping it but it does nothing to starighten people out about this car who are already confused about our cars.

Did you all get that?

Swede

Swede, just tell them they are identification stripes for when you are passing the pits at 120MPH! It let's your pit crew know that it is you that just flew by! :hysterical::hysterical:

Ok - last question about the Terlingua decal placement. . . I'm starting to sound OCD, I know. . .

Line it up with the top body line on the fender??? - OR - use a level and make it 'level' up/down and left/right??? (slightly off from the body line) Look at the PBF emblem - it's 'level' and slightly off from the body lines - your thoughts???

Mark: The yellow with the Terlingua decal looks AWESOME!! I just hope we don't park in the same parking lot. . . we may mistake each other's cars as our own "What the?! Why won't my remote work?? Why the hell doesn't my key work!? - This isn't my car!!!???"

Craig: Yellow on White is sick!!

Ok - last question about the Terlingua decal placement. . . I'm starting to sound OCD, I know. . .

Line it up with the top body line on the fender??? - OR - use a level and make it 'level' up/down and left/right??? (slightly off from the body line) Look at the PBF emblem - it's 'level' and slightly off from the body lines - your thoughts???

Mark: The yellow with the Terlingua decal looks AWESOME!! I just hope we don't park in the same parking lot. . . we may mistake each other's cars as our own "What the?! Why won't my remote work?? Why the hell doesn't my key work!? - This isn't my car!!!???"

I'd say level off of the body line, but pretty close to it...If you follow the body line, the sticker is going to look like it's leaning one way or the other...

Use a little soapy water to help you get it right where you want it and like Roger said, use a microfiber towel to smooth it out and get all the bubbles out so you don't scratch the mirror finish on the decal...

BTW, How many decals do you get if you join Terlingua Race Team? Looks like they only send one from what I can see...but which size is it? Large or small??? I got to have at least two decals, one for each side of the car...I'm probably the only one that has actually put the pit stripes on both sides too, but meh, that's ok with me...I've always been a little different anyway....LOL :shades:

I am getting a little older so is that "sick" in a good way or "sick" meaning you want to toss your cookies? J/K It's definitely loud. Craig

I took two pcs of painters tape and plumbed using the PBF emblem and centered it from there. I saw a pic in another thread where Bud at SAI had installed TRT decal for someone and took a guess. Can't remember where I saw it though......Craig

Archived