TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Show us your stripes!

RogerS

I was just courious at to just how many have selected to place fender stripes on their cars. I realize they are not for everyone but starting a new thread for just pictures of finished cars should be pretty interesting. So post up your best pictures of your stripes!

Maybe a "fender stripe club" roll call. Did your earn your stripes today? :)

Roger

BeautyShots2006.jpg

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roger didnt say SGT. Any mustang can get into the fender stripe club. HMM. I wonder if I will EVER get a set????

michael morris

Michael,

That would be cool a fender striped SS! :happy feet:

Stuart

Roger didnt say SGT. Any mustang can get into the fender stripe club. HMM. I wonder if I will EVER get a set????

michael morris

SS stripes are in the mail! ;) You should have them on Monday. And you will have the 1st. SS with matching fender stripes. :happy feet:

Then you can become a member of the club! :hysterical:

SS stripes are in the mail! ;) You should have them on Monday. And you will have the 1st. SS with matching fender stripes. :happy feet:

Then you can become a member of the club! :hysterical:

I KNEW my Buddy wouldnt leave me hanging. FIRST SS is the CLUB!!!!! Whomever is keeping the SS register please take note :hysterical::hysterical:

michael morris

Just curious and I don't mean to sound like a noob, but do the stripes represent anything? Does it have traditional/historical meaning. -FB

In the early days of FIA and SCCA, team cars would be painted similar colors. The fender stripes were a means of identification when the cars would be zipping down the front straight at over 120 MPH. This was prior to 2-way radio communication and when the pit crew would stand at the front straight wall and hold up signs to notify drivers of their positon, lap times or to pit etc.

I have recently found out when the quesion was asked to Carroll as to why the stripes were painted on the early Cobra's his reply was to know what car it was and who was driving. That's it. Everyone has there own theory, but as you can see it was just that simple.

Just an early nostalgic touch brought back to the "new gen" Shelby's. Some like it some don't. You have to admit, they do make that front fender "jump out" at you. And set at that angle it gives the perception of speed.

Roger

In the early days of FIA and SCCA, team cars would be painted similar colors. The fender stripes were a means of identification when the cars would be zipping down the front straight at over 120 MPH. This was prior to 2-way radio communication and when the pit crew would stand at the front straight wall and hold up signs to notify drivers of their positon, lap times or to pit etc.

I have recently found out when the quesion was asked to Carroll as to why the stripes were painted on the early Cobra's his reply was to know what car it was and who was driving. That's it. Everyone has there own theory, but as you can see it was just that simple.

Just an early nostalgic touch brought back to the "new gen" Shelby's. Some like it some don't. You have to admit, they do make that front fender "jump out" at you. And set at that angle it gives the perception of speed.

Roger

Cool. Thanks for the reply. -FB

Roger

AND Roger will provide you a set in the color of your choice for your car too should you so desire...for a small fee...I'd almost betcha he'd be glad to oblige.....

The silver looks good and keeps the color consistant but I think that once you see it on the car it will appear too small.

Roger

Thanks I will try it out and post some pics to see what you guys think.

Archived