TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Show us your stripes!

RogerS

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just figured I would take a photo to see a different perspective of "fender stripes". What do you think?

Roger

Roger, I think it would look better if the stripes were wider and if they were more angled. Have you considered green stripes? Also I would consider getting a new hood too. That one doesn't look anything like a SGT hood. Finally, lose the 20" wheels. The extra weight hurts your 1/4 mile times and your track times.

Other than that, it looks perfect

Roger, I think it would look better if the stripes were wider and if they were more angled. Have you considered green stripes? Also I would consider getting a new hood too. That one doesn't look anything like a SGT hood. Finally, lose the 20" wheels. They hurt your performance and add unsprung weight which hurts your track times.

Other than that, it looks perfect :hysterical:

You know Mark...........your right. I edited the original post! :hysterical2:

I just figured I would take a photo to see a different perspective of "fender stripes". What do you think?

Roger

WickedBBQ032.jpg

Hmmm, looks similar to a pic I took of my car while on Vacation in June....

post-19184-1219889880_thumb.jpg

Nice looking car you have there Roger...No doubt about it...

post-19184-1219889880_thumb.jpg

Well, I put the driver's side silver fender stripes on tonight. Liking the silver much better.

Like I said before Trevor, your car looks awesome with the yellow, It's the reason I went with Yellow originally, but when I saw mine in person, I decided it was a little too bright for my tastes.

OBTW, I used the rubber bumper inside the hood as the center for the upper stripe gap.

Same placement's as Craig's in this post

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...st&p=511193

Like to give a shout out to Roger and a big thanks for the stripes. Had good weather today so I drove it to work and man hard to believe what the new addition did for the looks she gets. Got tons of looks and compliments on the stripes and the car.

I forgot my camera on the way to work and had intentions of taking some pics to post. Very nice accent on the car. Not many Shelby's around here and this one is the only one with razors and stripes so she really has her on signature around here.

Thanks

Like to give a shout out to Roger and a big thanks for the stripes. Had good weather today so I drove it to work and man hard to believe what the new addition did for the looks she gets. Got tons of looks and compliments on the stripes and the car.

I forgot my camera on the way to work and had intentions of taking some pics to post. Very nice accent on the car. Not many Shelby's around here and this one is the only one with razors and stripes so she really has her on signature around here.

Thanks

Thanks Joe,

Can't wait for the pictures. They do accent the car nicely and they DO draw more attention. Like we need that! :)

Roger

I first tried the solid red strips then i thought I'd try some thing that went with the red white and blue that matches our Power by Ford emblem and the running horse on the grill. What do you think?

Nicely done!! Actually - I like it!! Because of your reasons and thought process! It works for you and it means something!!

You've captured the idea of what this was all about. . . IMHO

Trevor

I first tried the solid red strips then i thought I'd try some thing that went with the red white and blue that matches our Power by Ford emblem and the running horse on the grill. What do you think?

I have to admit that when I first read this I thought..Oh my god! Then I looked at the pic, and I actually like it! Who'd of thunk it? Looks good on a White car anyway. Kinda patriotic too :salute:

I have to admit that when I first read this I thought..Oh my god! Then I looked at the pic, and I actually like it! Who'd of thunk it? Looks good on a White car anyway. Kinda patriotic too :salute:

Glad I read your post before repyling Carl. Those were my thoughts exactly but when I saw the picture I love it.

Jim

I have to tell you all that you have all done a teriffic job on the stripes and CSM installs. Awesome! The cars look great!

Roger

Roger,

Thanks again! I'll see you in Terlingua for the CSM# install... :happy feet: Regards.

Stuart

Archived