TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Show us your stripes!

RogerS

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got it right in front of me! :)

My grandson is coming to visit tonight I will call you tomorrow.

Roger

Roger - Why the stoppage on the stripes? I want to thank you for having mine done including the CSM #, everybody loves them. Everything is back together now.

I have not heard from you-

Swede

If you are waiting for stripes please post here:

I am just finishing the shipping and need to make sure I do not leave anyone out.

If you have not sent your mailing information please send me an e-mail at

ross151@verizon.net.

Thanks,

Roger

Roger, I requested red fender stripes and silver CSM# 1403...

Thanks again,

Chris

If you are waiting for stripes please post here:

I am just finishing the shipping and need to make sure I do not leave anyone out.

If you have not sent your mailing information please send me an e-mail at

ross151@verizon.net.

Thanks,

Roger

Roger I requested silver fender stripes and CSM # 1639 in silver and have sent you my mailing address. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Jim

Roger, hopefully you got my request for silver driver's side before retirement. Let me know where to send the $. Thanks.

Art

Got it Art, I ran out of Silver and am having them cut today. I will get them in the mail on Monday.

Roger

Roger I requested silver fender stripes and CSM # 1639 in silver and have sent you my mailing address. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Jim

Jim, sent you a voice mail. One side or 2? I have the CSM cut.

Roger

I would love to add that Terlingua sticker, just for the heritage value, but I went with a red accent on my 08 Vista SGT. Red fender stripes and matching red CS center caps, all playing off the red in the PBF emblem. I think the yellow of the Terlingua sticker would be too much. Maybe one on the rear where the red doesn't show? Thoughts?post-12805-1219461746_thumb.jpg

post-12805-1219461746_thumb.jpg

Jim, sent you a voice mail. One side or 2? I have the CSM cut.

Roger

Sorry Roger, didn't get the voice mail :shrug: But fender stripes, both sides in silver.

Thanks

Jim

Roger my man, I got the silver ones today. Thanks! :)

Now I just have to decide where to place them. Gap will be centered on the wheel hub, but I have to decide where to place the upper edge...decisions decisions.

You can see from the attached pictures that placing them parallel to the angle of the front fender/hood will be more angled than the original position (in yellow)

post-14287-1219756631_thumb.jpg

post-14287-1219756817_thumb.jpg

post-14287-1219756631_thumb.jpg

post-14287-1219756817_thumb.jpg

Roger my man, I got the silver ones today. Thanks! :)

Now I just have to decide where to place them. Gap will be centered on the wheel hub, but I have to decide where to place the upper edge...decisions decisions.

You can see from the attached picture that placing them parallel to the angle of the front fender/hood will be more angled than the original position (in yellow)

Blue - OK now I know what your trying to accomplish. You want the stripes to be more angled than the original directions by Roger. You know that might be a good idea as it would "possibly" give the car a more arrow dynamic appearance than the original way. So do it that way and lets see them when they are on. Of course you know the downside...if they look like crap you'll have to remove them and do it again.

Do you think the stripes are to straight up and down with the currect application? Tell me if I got your theory right.

Swede

Swede, this is opening up a can of worms...Roger and I discussed this on the phone and exchange emails but I'm still a little confused.

My understanding of what Roger originally intended was for the stripes to be parallel to the angle of the hood/fender as you look from above. Using the measurements Roger provided didn't achieve this result for me. Why? I don't know. Did I measure wrong (hood crease vs hood edge) or was my understanding of Roger's intent incorrect. Maybe Roger was refering to having the stripes be parallel to the leading edge of the hood/fender as you look at the car from the side. This will give a different (shallower angle) than the blue painters' stripe above (which are parallel to the hood/fender angle when looking from above).

Before I do this, I need to make sure the stripes are long enough for the more aggressive angle. Also note that when you angle the stripes, a 2" stripe and 1" gap are going to be wider than this as you measure along the hood seam. e.g. the 2" painters' stripes are 2 5/8" wide as you measure along the seam.

An alternative and much easier solution is to use the rubber bushings inside the hood on both sides as the center point for the gap. The bushings are about 3/4" of an inch wide. This will result in an angle that is in between the blue and yellow but much closer to the yellow.

I am wondering if it wasn't in fact parrallel to the fender line when looking at it from the side????? Using the line/angle of the leading edge of the fender from the top as it comes down to where the bumper cover meets the fender. . . . These stripes seem to be more in line with THAT angle than they do with the angle of the fender edge when looking straight down from the top. Take a look at my signature photo below - see how the stipes line up more with that angle???? I think this is what Roger was getting at.........

My personal opinion. . . . they would look a little too steeply slanted. As your car is driving by - who's going to see that you lined your stripes up with that angle on top as opposed to using the angle of the leading edge of the fender when you look at your car from the side???

Some people have also not lined up the stripes with the 'center' of the wheel hub or the wheel opening - (no disrespect to those who have done this) that, to me, is a must as it would drive me nuts if it wasn't lined up that way (center of the wheel opening) - I'm a little obsessive about things being lined up right.

One thing you could do is before you peel the stripes off and place them - perhaps tape them in place with few pieces of tape and walk around the car a little bit - looking at it from several different angles and see what catches your eye more - your way - or lined up the way the directions suggest.

I think you are right about Roger going for parallel with the side angle of the light bucket edge.

Because there are so many variables involved in the measurements (e.g. measuring from the fender edge vs the hood edge along the seam gives different lengths and should you measure from the crease or edge of the hood/fender);

Because of these variables I sent a pm out to 6 of you asking:

What is the distance between the center of your stripe gap and the center of the rubber hood bushing (visible in the seam when hood is closed). If anyone else who has done the install wants to PM that measurement, please do.

Thanks

I think you are right about Roger going for parallel with the side angle of the light bucket edge.

Because there are so many variables involved in the measurements (e.g. measuring from the fender edge vs the hood edge along the seam gives different lengths and should you measure from the crease or edge of the hood/fender);

What is the distance between the center of your stripe gap and the center of the rubber hood bushing (visible in the seam when hood is closed). If anyone else who has done the install wants to PM that measurement, please do.

Thanks

Actually, the center of my front stripe is where the rubber bumper is, so I'm probably at even less of an angle than you guys...It doesn't have to be perfect guys! Remember, most of these stripes were just tape plastered on a fender real quick just for identification purposes...they didn't measure everything to make sure it was exactly right...Only thing I did was after I got my first one on, I ran a piece of painters tape across the front of it to the center of the hood then ran another from there to the other fender to give me a guide line to work off of to help keep them close to the same angle...I tried the leading edge of the hood at first, and it looked too steep in my opinion, so I backed it off just a little...Hope this helps...

And Blue, you are right about the measurements...I couldn't get a good one with a metal tape measure from the bottom edge of the hood to the stripe or from the leading edge...maybe a fabric tape if your wife does any sewing, but I didn't have one to try....

Thanks

Mark,

I am pretty much dead on (1/2 inch ctr to ctr)

Craig

post-10682-1219757952_thumb.jpg

post-10682-1219758057_thumb.jpg

post-10682-1219757952_thumb.jpg

post-10682-1219758057_thumb.jpg

Thanks SGT2873. In my 2nd picture in post 228 above (or click link below) you can see where my rubber bumper is as compared to the yellow stripe gap.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...st&id=33641

Anyone else?

Roger has been sitting in this thread saying nothing for quite a while. He's probably thinking, "Wow, someone more anal than me" :D

Thanks SGT2873. In my 2nd picture in post 228 above (or click link below) you can see where my rubber bumper is as compared to the yellow stripe gap.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...st&id=33641

Anyone else?

Roger has been sitting in this thread saying nothing for quite a while. He's probably thinking, "Wow, someone more anal than me" :D

HA! I keep changing colors so mine might be different next month. I do see what you are talking about ... I bet Roger is getting a good laugh!

Silence is golden! :)

Just a heads up for anyone waiting for stripes, all have shipped today.

Enjoy!

Now after reading the above posts all I can say is :confused:

I will just sit back and :reading:

Thanks, it has been a lot of fun.

Roger

OMG! :headscratch: Check out the first decal on the page. $60-$80, and they don't even look as nice as the ones we have. That must be some reallllly nice vinyl!

http://www.bobwhitedecals.com/2005Mustang.html

and I thought this was a "secret club". Didn't take 'em long ....I wonder if you sent them an email asking them what the stripes meant, would they be able to explain??? :doh:

Archived