TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Show us your stripes!

RogerS

Craig: Yellow on White is sick!!

I am getting a little older so is that "sick" in a good way or "sick" meaning you want to toss your cookies? It's definitely loud. Craig

Ok - last question about the Terlingua decal placement. . . I'm starting to sound OCD, I know. . .

Line it up with the top body line on the fender??? - OR - use a level and make it 'level' up/down and left/right??? (slightly off from the body line) Look at the PBF emblem - it's 'level' and slightly off from the body lines - your thoughts???

I took two pcs of painters tape and plumbed using the PBF emblem and centered it from there. I saw a pic in another thread where Bud at SAI had installed TRT decal for someone and took a guess. Can't remember where I saw it though......Craig

Craig,

Bud installed mine on our 40th. He centered the TRT sticker over the Cobra. Regards.

Stuart

post-7616-1218654233_thumb.jpg

post-7616-1218654233_thumb.jpg

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mark,

I think it looks great. Nice job on the install.

When you get the car in natural light, as we discussed, I think you will see a difference. There is always Silver. ;)

Looks better in natural light, but I still think Silver will be better for me. I think it's one of those things you have to see in person to decide.

I'll mail back the 2nd yellow set (3 stripes) to you if you want them back.

Looks better in natural light, but I still think Silver will be better for me. I think it's one of those things you have to see in person to decide.

I think either one will look great Mark...like someone said before, matter of preference....yours..Craig

Blue - That is my opinion as well. I am not a fan of the yellow stripes with Vista Blue. But it is all your preference, your driving it and you own it-

Swede

That was my thinking when I went with the Satin Silver on my Vista Blue SGT....plus I just kinda wanted to keep those stripes the same as the rest of the stripes on the car...

post-19184-1218678053_thumb.jpgpost-19184-1218678064_thumb.jpg

post-19184-1218678053_thumb.jpg

post-19184-1218678064_thumb.jpg

Ok - last question about the Terlingua decal placement. . . I'm starting to sound OCD, I know. . .

Line it up with the top body line on the fender??? - OR - use a level and make it 'level' up/down and left/right??? (slightly off from the body line) Look at the PBF emblem - it's 'level' and slightly off from the body lines - your thoughts???

Mark: The yellow with the Terlingua decal looks AWESOME!! I just hope we don't park in the same parking lot. . . we may mistake each other's cars as our own "What the?! Why won't my remote work?? Why the hell doesn't my key work!? - This isn't my car!!!???"

I used the top body line but it didn't quite look right so I pealed it off and rotated ever so slightly ( I think clockwise).

Yellow stripes are coming off...They look better on your car for some reason. I'm going with Silver.

Well thanks Mark! I appreciate the compliment. . . . I don't think that silver with the Terlingua decal will look bad at all!! Can't go wrong with silver my friend!

I'll post a couple quick photos later tonight showing my SGT with the TRT decal and pit stripes installed. Gotta wash it first. ;)

Trevor

That was my thinking when I went with the Satin Silver on my Vista Blue SGT....plus I just kinda wanted to keep those stripes the same as the rest of the stripes on the car...

Silver looks good on Vista Blue but i think red looks the best. What do you think?

post-11668-1218915841_thumb.jpg

post-11668-1218915841_thumb.jpg

I got mine on today, were a little tricky but over all went on well, now I need them for the other side, If someone has an extra set of red I will trade them for a set of yellow!! or will just order next week!

119_1952_IMG.JPG

119_1952_IMG.JPG

Since I have put my fender stripes on, I have seen a C-6 Corvette, and a nissan sentra running around town with stripes too. The look nice on the corvette, but the Sentra looks like poop.

Are you serious??!!!!!! Oh my gosh! A vette's one thing...... but a sentra??!

It has been a wirlwind ride on the stripe thread. It is awesome to see so many cars with the stripes. Your cars look fantastic. It was just an idea that took off and gained a life of it's own.

I will not be offering stripes due to new career committments. Keep the "stripe" alive and go for it. They are really distinctive and grab your attention.

Roger

It has been a wirlwind ride on the stripe thread. It is awesome to see so many cars with the stripes. Your cars look fantastic. It was just an idea that took off and gained a life of it's own.

I will not be offering stripes due to new career committments. Keep the "stripe" alive and go for it. They are really distinctive and grab your attention.

Roger

New career committments? Like preping CSM numbers for the masses? :drop:

Seriously we appreciate your great ideas and hard work.

I had some left over silver from my spoiler (CDC ducktail) add so the fender stripes went on 1638 this weekend. Looks great w/the CS6 hood. Ya I know...pictures....

Todd

07SGT1638

If you are waiting for stripes please post here:

I am just finishing the shipping and need to make sure I do not leave anyone out.

If you have not sent your mailing information please send me an e-mail at

ross151@verizon.net.

Thanks,

Roger

Roger

I smell a buyout! :hysterical:

Good luck in your new career buddy, and good ridence to your old one and those losers who treated you poorly.

Archived