TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Show us your stripes!

RogerS

I saw a black mustang GT (not a Shelby) with the same red stripes on his fenders as mine....I guess its catching on everywhere even to the non-Shelby owners. Although I must say I would rather it become a exclusive Shelby addition only...oh well..... :woohoo:

Immitation is Flattery my friend....hard to make things exclusive in today's world...

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I put my red fender stripes on around March and got a tremendous response. I drove out to my home town of San Angelo TX for a short visit, my mother tells me that the local Ford dealer has put fender stripes on a couple of thier Shelbys on the lot!

I don't know if this is because they saw mine, but I would like to think it is.

I did both sides too but I put the right side ones further aft which makes them twice as long, I like the assymetrical effect.

Thanx for the help Motor....I will post when I get them.

No problem...when you start to put them on, ,don't forget to use soapy water solution so that you get them where you want them before you start using a plastic squegee to get the water out from under them...leave the top piece of paper on to protect them...using some blue painter's tape to set your lines where you want them will help also...once I got one side done like I wanted it, I took the painter's tape and ran it along the front edge of the stripe all the way to the center of the hood, then I ran another piece of tape from the center to the other side of the car eyeballing it at the same angle...then laid the stripe on the other side so that it matched the first side...good luck! Oh, and if you only want them on the driver's side, that's cool too...I just like to keep things the same on both sides...

If anyone is interested in the 3m reflective 2" tape, I got mine for $4 a yard at flighthelmet.com and they have red, blue, yellow, orange, and green. Two yards does both sides of the car. 1-800-531-4898

I opened the hood to line up across the insided where I folded the stripes in.

reduced.jpg

reduced.jpg

Everyone,

All of your cars look awesome with the fender stripes, really makes the car stand out. I have a Vapor GT500 and am going to get some for it. Just not sure of the color. I have black racing stripes but was thinking of red or possibly yellow fender stripes. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Looks great Rob! GO and black. I like.

Thanks Rick they look great.

Hopsgt500 on the color you could do black or bright yellow would look great also.

Stuart, Looking good. Send Bea my best.

Roger

Roger,

I'll tell Bea you said hi. How did the wedding go? Will you be at SAI on Monday? I'll be coming out for SEMA. Hope to see you then. Regards.

Stuart

I was just courious at to just how many have selected to place fender stripes on their cars. I realize they are not for everyone but starting a new thread for just pictures of finished cars should be pretty interesting. So post up your best pictures of your stripes!

Maybe a "fender stripe club" roll call. Did your earn your stripes today? :)

Roger

BeautyShots2006.jpg

I took a couple Pic's of the car before I winterized it today and put her away.

WinterizeNov2008006.jpg

WinterizeNov2008007.jpg

WinterizeNov2008008.jpg

WinterizeNov2008009.jpg

WinterizeNov2008010.jpg

WinterizeNov2008011.jpg

WinterizeNov2008012.jpg

Looks great Rob. I have been out of town for the last 3 weeks and have 2 more to go. When I return I think there will be ICE and SNOW on the ground so my driving days are finished until I send the car back to Vegas for the Bash. :(

Roger,

I'll tell Bea you said hi. How did the wedding go? Will you be at SAI on Monday? I'll be coming out for SEMA. Hope to see you then. Regards.

Stuart

Stuart, I will be there. Just ask for me at the desk.

Roger

All,

I am putting my fender stripes on today and I was wondering after they are on is there a period where I shouldn't wash them? I know when I put on racing stripes on my previous mustang I had to wait a certain amount of time before they could be washed. This is my daily driver and I usually wash it once a week. Any comments?

Thanks,

Steve

Archived