TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Show us your stripes!

RogerS

Since yesterday was rainy and overcast and I didn't want to get the Shelby dirty I decided to mount the stripes and CSM graphics. Rogers instructions were a big help especially on the numbers. They really didn't want to adhere and probbaly if I were to do it again I wouldn't use the soapy water, just very carefully place them correctly the first time. But persistance paid off and today I used the blow drier and made sure they were well stuck. Thanks again Roger.

Jim

P1010207.jpg

P1010219.jpg

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since yesterday was rainy and overcast and I didn't want to get the Shelby dirty I decided to mount the stripes and CSM graphics. Rogers instructions were a big help especially on the numbers. They really didn't want to adhere and probbaly if I were to do it again I wouldn't use the soapy water, just very carefully place them correctly the first time. But persistance paid off and today I used the blow drier and made sure they were well stuck. Thanks again Roger.

Jim

P1010219.jpg

I'm gonna give the pastor a big AMEN!!!! Looking good there Pastor!

Jim

P1010207.jpg

P1010219.jpg

I did the exact same think the other day, I haven't felt like driving my car in the hit or miss rain showers so I did the same thing. I put CSM # 1260 on and the silver fender stripes just haven't got a chance to give the car a bath so I can take some pictures. I agree with you about the soapy water, I followed Roger's instructions carefully but had to wait approx. an hour and half before I could peel the backing of the label without making them move alll over the place. But it sure looks good now. Good looking car PastorPasum.

I wonder what the next fad roger will help create ?

Don

Jim

P1010207.jpg

P1010219.jpg

Looking good Jim, keep up the good work, Rick

Jim, the car look great! Nice job on the install.

One thing on the CSM installation instructions. I needed to make sure that there were few errors. Water with no soap or just your quick detailer would work fine. But there are many who think it is a simple install. The numbers are very thin and fragile. Just one wrong move and you are making them over.

(I am in the process of producing 12 duplicates due to install issues.) Mostly due to dry application.

To insure that it was universal in application I added the soapy water. This is how the "pros" do it also. Due to the small size and the "hollow" numbers and letters it makes it easier for anyone to to install. The hairdryer is the best for smoothing edges and removing small water bubbles.

Thanks again, Roger

I must say, those GT500 look absolutely menacing with the stripes. (Especially the red 500 with gray stripes imo)

It's also nice to see a couple with the blue... Trailblazer! :shift:

Dan,

Thanks! You GT guys have style--I need all the help I can get!! :hysterical:

Stuart

Jim, the car look great! Nice job on the install.

One thing on the CSM installation instructions. I needed to make sure that there were few errors. Water with no soap or just your quick detailer would work fine. But there are many who think it is a simple install. The numbers are very thin and fragile. Just one wrong move and you are making them over.

(I am in the process of producing 12 duplicates due to install issues.) Mostly due to dry application.

To insure that it was universal in application I added the soapy water. This is how the "pros" do it also. Due to the small size and the "hollow" numbers and letters it makes it easier for anyone to to install. The hairdryer is the best for smoothing edges and removing small water bubbles.

Thanks again, Roger

Thanks Roger. I understand your reason for advising the soapy water install. It does allow for mistakes where as dry application means 1 mistake and it's a redo. Patience with the soapy water and all is well. Again, thanks.

Jim

Thanks Roger. I understand your reason for advising the soapy water install. It does allow for mistakes where as dry application means 1 mistake and it's a redo. Patience with the soapy water and all is well. Again, thanks.

Jim

To All:

Here is a link to Graphic-Express with the "approved" solution for making your own application fluid using DAWN dish soap... HINT = If you actually have "bubbles" in your water you have added too much soap... TRUST ME!

Or if you live close to Home Depot you can buy one of their Window Film applicator kits for $8.49...

Drive Safe!

07SGT0547

To All:

Here is a link to Graphic-Express with the "approved" solution for making your own application fluid using DAWN dish soap... HINT = If you actually have "bubbles" in your water you have added too much soap... TRUST ME!

Or if you live close to Home Depot you can buy one of their Window Film applicator kits for $8.49...

Drive Safe!

07SGT0547

Good advice for the future. I thought I was being stingy with the soap, 3 drops in 12 oz of water. It worked well for the stripes but not the CSM outlined numbers. I'll give the window film kit a try in the future. Thanks

Jim

Nice....get ready for the questions about those :happy feet: For some reason you will be more noticeable with those on, you'll see.

Oh oh, I see shoes behind your car, you didn't run over a Chevy guy did you???? :hysterical2:

It was funny because there was a 427 Cobra there with them on the fender as well. Although it was on the passenger fender only which I thought was strange? Was that right?

Haha, no those were my son's! He was at the show with me and was actually in that jumper in the background!

• 3 weeks later...
Question about the Terlingua decal......does it go one similar to the stripes (clings with water) or is it a sticker with a glue backing?

One last thing.....link to the decals?

They are stickers with glue on the back...or you can order them already mounted to magnetic material so you can put them on and take them off at will...I ordered the regular stickers then mounted them on my own magnetic material that I already had...

here is the link: http://www.terlinguaracingteam.com/compone...emart/Itemid,4/

• 3 weeks later...
OK I think I am ready for my stripes. How and where do I get some silver ones that match the Shelby ones.

Visit anyone that does vinyl graphics...sign shop would be one place...tell them that you need satin silver stripes, 2 inches wide and 1 inch between them. 18 inches long will be more than enough. They should be able to cut the stripes on a vinyl cutter with the 1" space between the stripes and then put a piece of paper on the top of them that allows you to peel them off of the backing paper...I had my guy make enough for both sided just to keep things looking the same on both sides....it's a personal choice...lots of people only have them on the left side, but I wanted them on both...Good Luck! Oh, and your stripes shouldn't cost you more than say $20.00 or so...

Archived