TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Real Shelby?

svttim

Got tired of this question so I put it to Amy B since I cant get in touch with Carroll himself and here is her reply. Nuff said

Amy B can you put this to bed? What was Carrolls involvement in the 500? It gets a litte tiring hearing, its not a real Shelby. I would assume Carroll has a lot of say on what his name goes on. A lot of people here and elseware seem to thimk they have the right to say what a real Shelby is. I would argue that there is only one person that has that right and his name is on the car.

Agreed, the Gt500 is a great car, Bar none. It is not meant to be a corvette, it is a blvd cruiser. It does have weight, but that is due to the cast iron block. Carroll did have a hand in this car and the SVT did a brilliant job designing it and Building it with input from Carroll. There are ways to improve every car, faster , lighter, handling, etc. But make no bones about it, THIS IS A SHELBY!" The GT500 cars of the past were bigger and heavier then the GT350's. This car is a true representation of Vintage and Modern Shelby .... And for the record, Carrol is very proud of this car .

`svttim`

Thanks For putting this one to bed. Carroll spent a week with Ford on the G.T 500 .I`am sure he had quite some imput along with the S.V.T people ,after all it doesn`t take a week to tell Ford what bank account to put the money in.

`svttim`

Thanks For putting this one to bed. Carroll spent a week with Ford on the G.T 500 .I`am sure he had quite some imput along with the S.V.T people ,after all it doesn`t take a week to tell Ford what bank account to put the money in.

His name is still on it, it gets the excitement going for a product, you would have never gotten the same press for this car if it were called a Cobra.

Shelby says its a real Shelby, then it is a real Shelby.

Them thar is the facts and nuthin but the facts, PERIOD. :bowdown:

And - I just got my first in-person look at one.

JesseBolt was nice enough to drop by the crib an hour ago and show me his new baby.

I was sitting here at the trusty keyboard when I see a black with white stripes pull in the driveway!

Woo Hoo!

He only has about 80 miles on it, so we didn't do any hard riding.

I took some pics and will post some in a day or two.

Very sweet in person.

And - the sounds it makes...mama mia!

Jesse - thanks, man. :rockon:

Got tired of this question so I put it to Amy B since I cant get in touch with Carroll himself and here is her reply. Nuff said

Amy B can you put this to bed? What was Carrolls involvement in the 500? It gets a litte tiring hearing, its not a real Shelby. I would assume Carroll has a lot of say on what his name goes on. A lot of people here and elseware seem to thimk they have the right to say what a real Shelby is. I would argue that there is only one person that has that right and his name is on the car.

Agreed, the Gt500 is a great car, Bar none. It is not meant to be a corvette, it is a blvd cruiser. It does have weight, but that is due to the cast iron block. Carroll did have a hand in this car and the SVT did a brilliant job designing it and Building it with input from Carroll. There are ways to improve every car, faster , lighter, handling, etc. But make no bones about it, THIS IS A SHELBY!" The GT500 cars of the past were bigger and heavier then the GT350's. This car is a true representation of Vintage and Modern Shelby .... And for the record, Carrol is very proud of this car .

Thanks for posting this! It is great to hear that news From Amy. :woohoo:

`svttim`

LOL, You had a point?

HERE HERE :rockon: Unfortunately there will always be naysayers :finger: But I say :censored: them, if Carroll says it's a Shelby then it is, no questions asked. So :shift::shift::shift: your REAL 2007 Shelby's and enjoy.

This question will be debated until the end of time.

There are those with AC Shelby Cobras who argue that they are the only true Shelbys'

There are those with Mustang Shelbys' who claim that Mustang Shelbys' built after 68' are not true Shelbys'

There are those with Mustang and AC Shelbys' who don't consider the Dodge Shelbys' true Shelbys'

Now there are those who feel the 07' Shelby is not a true Shelby................

Did I forget anyone?!? Oh well ;)

This question will be debated until the end of time.

There are those with AC Shelby Cobras who argue that they are the only true Shelbys'

There are those with Mustang Shelbys' who claim that Mustang Shelbys' built after 68' are not true Shelbys'

There are those with Mustang and AC Shelbys' who don't consider the Dodge Shelbys' true Shelbys'

Now there are those who feel the 07' Shelby is not a true Shelby................

Did I forget anyone?!? Oh well ;)

Nope, I think you covered them all. Understood but, it was nice hearing it from someone close to CS himself.

Ah - Phantom-son - must be very careful when white Z car approaches in mirror.

One can never be sure how much coal is in the engine room, yes? :shift:

Never underestimate an advesary.

Do you think RufMaster would drive anything not worthy of his time?

Archived