TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Kr arrival question...

Is it possible to check on how close it is till a KR will be made? What do you need to know? I know MM and SD are usually pretty good on knowing what has been made and shipped. There is a KR coming to Shutlz Ford in Pittsburgh in the near future, and I was wondering if it was possible to get an idea when it would be arriving or if its been made yet?

Is it possible to check on how close it is till a KR will be made? What do you need to know? I know MM and SD are usually pretty good on knowing what has been made and shipped. There is a KR coming to Shutlz Ford in Pittsburgh in the near future, and I was wondering if it was possible to get an idea when it would be arriving or if its been made yet?

To track your 2008 Shelby GT500KR, call 1-800-367-3788. :peelout:

I can't get anything much from them other than check back in a couple weeks. I been checking and checking.

Last week I called and they said to check back in about 5 weeks! :lurk:

You can also try this link:

http://vin.shelbyautos.com/?

Although that doesn't give you much more to go on. I ordered a Mini about 5 weeks ago, and they had a fantastic order tracking site - it was so exciting to see my (or rather, my wife's) Mini moving through the various steps. We pick it up on Saturday! :->

But if you want a nice image to imagine - just try and picture the warehouse that has 950 GT500's packed in it gathering dust! OK, I know they are spread across several warehouses, but it looks better in my minds eye to imagine them all in one place. :-> We should ask SAI to snap a couple of pictures of them inside, to tide us future owners over...

Chris.

called SVT today. They told me another few months!! mine has been sitting in vegas for about 5 weeks... I was told that they have only made 60 cars so far..... So looks like you won't see anything for months!!! mine is on a ramp... what does that mean?? I will have rust on the car before I ever see it, and then once I finally get it, it will be in storage for the winter!! ya to go Shelby... another disappointment as usual..........

Hey Robert, you have an in at SAI, what's the scoop on the KR's.

called SVT today. They told me another few months!! mine has been sitting in vegas for about 5 weeks... I was told that they have only made 60 cars so far..... So looks like you won't see anything for months!!! mine is on a ramp... what does that mean?? I will have rust on the car before I ever see it, and then once I finally get it, it will be in storage for the winter!! ya to go Shelby... another disappointment as usual..........

I think ramp is an uncovered dusty old parking lot. :cry:

I think ramp is an uncovered dusty old parking lot. :cry:

NO GT500KR'S ARE SITTING IN A DUSTY UNCOVERED LOT, THEY ARE ALL WELL CARED FOR INSIDE WAITING FOR THE CONVERSION, PEOPLE WHO ARE GETTING ONE OF THESE AMAZING AND VERY LIMITED BUILT CARS NEED TO RELAX, ONLY 1,000 LUCKY PEOPLE ARE GETTING THIS CAR THIS YEAR, AND 571 THE FOLLOWING YEAR.

I ALSO WISH THAT MY CAR WAS DONE AND SITTING IN MY GARAGE, BUT ALL GOOD THINGS TO THOSE WHO WAIT, ONCE AGAIN, JUST A FEW YEARS AGO NONE OF US COULD HAVE EVEN IMAGINED THAT THIS CAR WOULD BE BUILT, YET TO BE LUCKY ENOUGH TO BE ABLE TO FIND AND PURCHASE ONE, IT WILL BE WELL WORTH THE WAIT. THIS IS NOT A MASS PRODUCED CAR LIKE THE Z06 OR SUCH OR SOMETHING YOU WILL SEE ON EVERY CORNER, WHEN WE TAKE DELIVERY ALL OF THIS COMPLAINING AND SECOND GUESSING WILL SEEM FUTAL.

LET SAI WORK OUT THE ISSUES AND CONTINUE ENFORCING STRICT QUALITY CONTROLS ON THERE CARS, ONCE THAT IS TAKEN CARE OF I AM SURE THEY WILL BUILD THEM AS FAST AS POSSIBLE. MY .02 :shift:

WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING AT EVERYONE BY TYPING IN ALL CAPS?????????

And I was told by a person who picked up a car there earlier that they can't all be stored inside because they don't have enough room for all 1000.

Wonder if Bud or Amy will confirm or deny this for the KR owners...

WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING AT EVERYONE BY TYPING IN ALL CAPS?????????

And I was told by a person who picked up a car there earlier that they can't all be stored inside because they don't have enough room for all 1000.

Wonder if Bud or Amy will confirm or deny this for the KR owners...

:lurk::lurk:

• 2 weeks later...

If you are that displeased with the way Shelby does business then the solution is simple, DON'T BUY THE CAR. There are many people who will be happy to wait for a car like that, Shelby has a strict build quality control enforcement, and personally, I am fine with that on an $80,000 car.

If you feel you can build a car of that stature then by all means start up your own company and let's see how you are doing after oh lets say 40 years. Stop bashing, either deal with the wait or move on to another car and lets someone else have yours.

I have seen and driven the GT500KR and the build quality is second to none, the fit and finish is remarkable, it handles like it is on rails, the exhaust sound is loud and addicting, the best note that I have heard on a car in years.

As for the power and performance, it is everything that a true Shelby built car should be, outstanding acceleration throughout the entire powerband, terrific low end torque, amazing stabilty at all speeds, these tires hook up like they have a glue resin on them, very sticky, they are outstanding. This is not like the old days when they were just fast in a straight line, this snake has one hell of a suspension.

The shifter is super short and tight. The brakes work great ( I do wish it had the brembo on the rear) simply for the looks as it does not need it though from a stopping standpoint.

This car screams and is more impressive to drive than any Z06 or car in it's class, and best of all, it is a True built Shelby Mustang, and everyone knows it and stops and stares. This car draws more attention than anything on the road, and rightfully so. Well done Ford and Mr. Shelby as you built one hell of a fantastic car. Anyone who bashes this car is either jealous they don't have one or simply have nothing better to do with their time.

Seriously, this is a phenominal car, that rightfully and proudly wears the name King of the Road. My .02

Nutt...

I know about your KR...it is in LasVegas with mine.

Dp

And Mine! But patients is a virtue. My 7th grade teacher once told me (long long ago) "nothing worth having comes easily" :lurk:

This may be a stupid question, but what happens if Mr Shelby dies before your car is built? Is he signing each car ? Will one kr be worth more than another if it was built before he passed as opposed to if he does pass before your car is built ?

This may be a stupid question, but what happens if Mr Shelby dies before your car is built? Is he signing each car ? Will one kr be worth more than another if it was built before he passed as opposed to if he does pass before your car is built ?

First off, God forbid that happens, and NO Mr. Shelby is NOT signing any cars while at SAI, If you choose to have his signature you need to remit a part to his charity for a nominal fee.

I agree God Forbid that anything happens,I have the signed dash plaque for my car, are there signed dash plaques in the Kr or is that an extra. And how far is SAI behind, When I was going to have the 40th 725 package done Tasca was not even online yet and I've heard they are a year behind with the SS's and they aren't even taking deposits anymore.

Archived