TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Doctor's is in!

BoneDoc

Rob-

i just thought here were too many red/white combos out there.... nothing against that look.... just wanted to be different.

one of my favorite cars all-time is the grabber orange 1970 "twister" edition Mach I... love the color. Grabber is just a great classic muscle car color. there are no other cars on the street like it. you will not blend into a crowd of cars with a grabber car (like you might with a white, or red, etc.) the color is unique.

the look of the car really depends on the lighting. looks more yello in direct light, looks more orange near dusk. having the wheels and black trim clean and "wet" black in appearance really brings out the orange.

honestly, i don't think you can go wrong... but i am very happy with this color combo!

Doc: After reading your posts and looking at your car photos, I have decided to go with the Grabber Orange with White stripes. Thanks for your photos, detailed impressions, and opinions. They were very helpful.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rob-

i just thought here were too many red/white combos out there.... nothing against that look.... just wanted to be different.

one of my favorite cars all-time is the grabber orange 1970 "twister" edition Mach I... love the color. Grabber is just a great classic muscle car color. there are no other cars on the street like it. you will not blend into a crowd of cars with a grabber car (like you might with a white, or red, etc.) the color is unique.

the look of the car really depends on the lighting. looks more yello in direct light, looks more orange near dusk. having the wheels and black trim clean and "wet" black in appearance really brings out the orange.

honestly, i don't think you can go wrong... but i am very happy with this color combo!

+1 Doc

Rob you made the right choice.

I wanted GO with white stripes - Guess what, In Canada they only offer tungsten with the GO, Go Figure ?

Oh well, from what I can tell the the tungsten really contrasts the orange and looks like black from a distance, from what I hear - We will see if I EVER GET MY CAR. My dealer sent me an e mail today saying that he got a black on black vert today that was built after mine. :shrug::banghead:

I am biting my tongue so ahrd its bleeding

Doc: After reading your posts and looking at your car photos, I have decided to go with the Grabber Orange with White stripes. Thanks for your photos, detailed impressions, and opinions. They were very helpful.

Rob-

you will not be dissappointed! please let us know when she comes in!

Rob-

Doc: I printed the 2 photos of your car. The one in the sun and the other one that is in front of that building in the shade. You are right, the car takes on different hues of orange and yellow. I love it. Your photos sold me. I spoke to the dealer today to have him make the change from Red to GRABBER. The photos are on the wall of my office to look at untill my car comes in. Thanks Doc.

• 2 weeks later...

Rob-

Hay Doc: To help with my PSDS, I have printed some photos of your car and another one that I found in th GO color. The problem is I do not have any photos of the Back side of the car. Do you have any photos of the Back of your car you could post? I am kind of a Butt man! B)

Hay Doc: To help with my PSDS, I have printed some photos of your car and another one that I found in th GO color. The problem is I do not have any photos of the Back side of the car. Do you have any photos of the Back of your car you could post? I am kind of a Butt man! B)

I only have one pic of the back for now.... and not straight on.

post-2947-1162170400_thumb.jpgpost-2947-1162170416_thumb.jpgpost-2947-1162170431_thumb.jpg

plus a couple of other new ones..... after a wash/wax.

post-2947-1162170400_thumb.jpg

post-2947-1162170416_thumb.jpg

post-2947-1162170431_thumb.jpg

Archived