TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Doctor's is in!

BoneDoc

Mine arrived thursday 9/14! an UNBELIEVABLE car! worth the wait! :woohoo:

My wife has the camera and is away for a couple of days.... I will post pics later

I wanted to give you all my first impressions on a few points after 2 days of driving (about 230 miles):

Color:

I switched my order from red/white to grabber white at the last minute... and I'm GLAD I did! red/white is really becoming just too common a color for me at this point. the Grabber orange really has a classic look that screams for attention. no way you can miss this car in traffic. not too yellow.... not to orange. the performance white stripes really make the car look aggressive. the slanted pillars on the fron fascia make the car look like a GT that got pissed off! I would encourage anyone thinking about Grabber to go with it... the color is really underrated on this board, I think (i'm not biased, either! :hysterical: ). I may consider painting black stripes later... but for now, I am liking the look!

Sound system:

I have shaker 1000. i agree that no golf clubs will fit in the back (maybe a smaller golf bag). Nice sound. probably can get a better one aftermarket for less. this system is a thumper. I tend to keep the volume low because I love the sound of the exhaust/supercharger.

clutch:

the cerametallic clutch: took me about 100 miles to get used to it. you cannot ease this car into gear reliably. takes a bit more RPM to get it to move smoothly into gear. the learning curve is steep, however. Just don't embarrass youself driving off the lot by stalling out! (would be easy to do). will probably improve as it takes a few hundred miles to break the surface of the clutch in (or so i'm told).

Exhaust:

kind of understated (which I like). keeps just quiet enough for you to hear the supercharger when it kicks in. this combination of roaring exhaust and whining supercharger is a SWEET sound. really the voice of the car.... believe me, you will not mistake this sound for another car on the street. you will be able to hear these coming from quite some distance. I may go with a more aggressive sound (like the muffler pack EC posted earlier)... but for now, I'm happy with it.

Weight:

the car does feel kind of heavy at times. rolls around corners a bit... but not uncontrollably so... even for me (i consider myself an average driver). the weight distribution is more of an issue.

Traction:

my impression after the fist couple of hundred miles is that traction is the main thing holding these ponies back. If you are considering modding the car.... think about improving traction and weight distribution first! makes no sense to give the shelby more horsepower when it has trouble effectively delivering horspower to the ground as is! I have put tires/rims/ and carbon drive shaft at the top of my list of anticipated mods.... again, why modify the engine to 600HP, when the car cannot cleanly deliver the 500HP to the ground without the TCS on? i am interested in anone else's comments here.

TCS does slow the car a bit, and I am preferring not to have it on. Having said that, it was quite easy to do multiple doughnuts in empty parking lot, and I could see that it might be easy to lose control on the street if you stomp on it (especially if the road is wet)

Styling:

I love the understated styling on these cars. Saleen and Roush really look like Ricers with all of their functionless plastic snap-ons. just my opinion. this car literally looks "angry" from the front because of the slanted pillars on the fascia... and sounds angry when you get on it. These cars get lots of looks and "thumbs up" on the road. ladies like it as well. other cars will swirve and literally lose control for a few seconds when they see this car. kind of fun to get that kind of response!

Striping:

I am satisfied with the striping.... I have read the posts on this forum criticizing the stripes. the car is what it is. It is not a $100K german built luxury car. it is a mustang... blue-collar in every sense. if you can get your panties in a gather over the striping, perhaps this is not the car for you. just my opinion. It is an EXCELLENT value for what we are paying. Of course.... EVERYTHING on the car could be inproved, but Carroll Shelby's vision of these cars is that of AFFORDABLE power.

What a cool car! I feel like a kid at Christmas! I'm really happy with the look/feel of this car. It is not a car that I plan to sell. ever. Hope these comments help some... I look forward to other's comments as well!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine arrived thursday 9/14! an UNBELIEVABLE car! worth the wait! :woohoo:

My wife has the camera and is away for a couple of days.... I will post pics later

I wanted to give you all my first impressions on a few points after 2 days of driving (about 230 miles):

Color:

I switched my order from red/white to grabber white at the last minute... and I'm GLAD I did! red/white is really becoming just too common a color for me at this point. the Grabber orange really has a classic look that screams for attention. no way you can miss this car in traffic. not too yellow.... not to orange. the performance white stripes really make the car look aggressive. the slanted pillars on the fron fascia make the car look like a GT that got pissed off! I would encourage anyone thinking about Grabber to go with it... the color is really underrated on this board, I think (i'm not biased, either! :hysterical: ). I may consider painting black stripes later... but for now, I am liking the look!

Sound system:

I have shaker 1000. i agree that no golf clubs will fit in the back (maybe a smaller golf bag). Nice sound. probably can get a better one aftermarket for less. this system is a thumper. I tend to keep the volume low because I love the sound of the exhaust/supercharger.

clutch:

the cerametallic clutch: took me about 100 miles to get used to it. you cannot ease this car into gear reliably. takes a bit more RPM to get it to move smoothly into gear. the learning curve is steep, however. Just don't embarrass youself driving off the lot by stalling out! (would be easy to do). will probably improve as it takes a few hundred miles to break the surface of the clutch in (or so i'm told).

Exhaust:

kind of understated (which I like). keeps just quiet enough for you to hear the supercharger when it kicks in. this combination of roaring exhaust and whining supercharger is a SWEET sound. really the voice of the car.... believe me, you will not mistake this sound for another car on the street. you will be able to hear these coming from quite some distance. I may go with a more aggressive sound (like the muffler pack EC posted earlier)... but for now, I'm happy with it.

Weight:

the car does feel kind of heavy at times. rolls around corners a bit... but not uncontrollably so... even for me (i consider myself an average driver). the weight distribution is more of an issue.

Traction:

my impression after the fist couple of hundred miles is that traction is the main thing holding these ponies back. If you are considering modding the car.... think about improving traction and weight distribution first! makes no sense to give the shelby more horsepower when it has trouble effectively delivering horspower to the ground as is! I have put tires/rims/ and carbon drive shaft at the top of my list of anticipated mods.... again, why modify the engine to 600HP, when the car cannot cleanly deliver the 500HP to the ground without the TCS on? i am interested in anone else's comments here.

TCS does slow the car a bit, and I am preferring not to have it on. Having said that, it was quite easy to do multiple doughnuts in empty parking lot, and I could see that it might be easy to lose control on the street if you stomp on it (especially if the road is wet)

Styling:

I love the understated styling on these cars. Saleen and Roush really look like Ricers with all of their functionless plastic snap-ons. just my opinion. this car literally looks "angry" from the front because of the slanted pillars on the fascia... and sounds angry when you get on it. These cars get lots of looks and "thumbs up" on the road. ladies like it as well. other cars will swirve and literally lose control for a few seconds when they see this car. kind of fun to get that kind of response!

Striping:

I am satisfied with the striping.... I have read the posts on this forum criticizing the stripes. the car is what it is. It is not a $100K german built luxury car. it is a mustang... blue-collar in every sense. if you can get your panties in a gather over the striping, perhaps this is not the car for you. just my opinion. It is an EXCELLENT value for what we are paying. Of course.... EVERYTHING on the car could be inproved, but Carroll Shelby's vision of these cars is that of AFFORDABLE power.

What a cool car! I feel like a kid at Christmas! I'm really happy with the look/feel of this car. It is not a car that I plan to sell. ever. Hope these comments help some... I look forward to other's comments as well!

I know the kind of attention you are getting and also have NO regrets for going with Grabber Orange. Congratulations.... If you have half the fun I have had with this car you will be pleased.

Congratulations, Doc!!! I know that you will continue to enjoy.

Two items:

- Yes, the clutch WILL wear in and reduce chatter to a minimum. I have 1400mi on mine and it's almost completely gone

- I've been thinking about seeing if a local Goodyear dealer will provide Road Hazard for the tires. Someone here posted that they got RH at low milage, that way.

Venom-

all of the mountain pics were on lookout mountain road.

the building in the pics is the new Golden courthouse... you can see it from I-70 west of denver... has the dome roof.

Well, Lookout was where I was going to take the pics of my car when it comes in. Guess I'll have to find another place to keep the pics fresh. :)

Sweet lookin' car BTW.

Sweet! Appropriate color for a supercar. Great job on the angles, background and lighting on the pics, someone has done this before. It took me around 400 miles before the clutch smoothed out. I think the car needs a Magnaflow treatment, that's my next move. Congratulations Doc! Now where can I get L-4, L-5 fixed.

Thanks

took these pics on "lookout mountain road"... just west of denver (near Golden, Colorado)

has an awsome view... hard to keep my eyes on the road.

Isn't that picture on the north edge of the road right behind the tower(s)? I took a pic of my first 240Z in exactly the same spot if that's where it is. Buffalo Bill's thingy still up there? A radio station I used to manage has it's transmitter right there (along with the other dozen stations that are all on that tower)

:shift:

bj

Well, Lookout was where I was going to take the pics of my car when it comes in. Guess I'll have to find another place to keep the pics fresh. :)

Sweet lookin' car BTW.

Go to The Fort. Or head south and do it with the Air Force Academy in the BG.

bj

Isn't that picture on the north edge of the road right behind the tower(s)? I took a pic of my first 240Z in exactly the same spot if that's where it is. Buffalo Bill's thingy still up there? A radio station I used to manage has it's transmitter right there (along with the other dozen stations that are all on that tower)

bj

Go to The Fort. Or head south and do it with the Air Force Academy in the BG.

bj

That's the place!

great minds think alike!

Hey BoneDoc. Why didn't you take it up to Commerce City to take pictures? :hysterical: :wacko: :hysterical:

I remember once when I was young and dating, a girl said let's go for a ride and we'll park somewhere and you can kiss me where it stinks. So I took her to Commerce City.

:hysterical:

bj

(God, I hope this doesn't get me kicked off the board)

scan it in and post! would be awesome to see the two pics side-by-side!

I have NO idea where it is, but I'll look. It would be cool. That had to be weird that someone knew...almost to the foot...where you were parked. And it was that many years ago. And I'M old!

bj

with all the local guys on this site (in the denver colorado region), we should consider getting together and hanging out, maybe taking a few pics of the cars all together at some point. would be great to get together and cruise to some scenic location for photos..... just a thought.

would be an AWESOME cruise. :banvictory:

CAN YOU IMAGINE THE RUMBLE OF 5-6 SHELBY'S HEADING IN THE SAME DIRECTION? and... as far as i know.... we all have different color combos?

the groud would shake. :yup:

here is who i know of.... any others?

Bonedoc (grabber/white)

Rpretzel- (Blue/tungsten)

Venom07 (tungsten/white)

VNmous1 (red/white)

OldGuy (white/blue)

Kimbray (?color)

John Allen (?color)

and, I have a neighbor getting a grabber vert soon.

Any one else out there in colorado on this site I forgot?

with all the local guys on this site (in the denver colorado region), we should consider getting together and hanging out, maybe taking a few pics of the cars all together at some point. would be great to get together and cruise to some scenic location for photos..... just a thought.

CAN YOU IMAGINE THE RUMBLE OF 5-6 SHELBY'S HEADING IN THE SAME DIRECTION? and... as far as i know.... we all have different color combos?

Bonedoc (grabber/white)

Venom07 (tungsten/white)

VNmous1 (red/white)

OldGuy (white/blue)

Kimbray (?color)

John Allen (?color)

I'm a transplant....stop by and pick me up in Chicago.

bj

Bonedoc (grabber/white)

Venom07 (tungsten/white)

VNmous1 (red/white)

OldGuy (white/blue)

Kimbray (?color)

John Allen (?color)

Actually I am venom07, not Venom07. I know, he ripped me off. Anyway, my color combo is Alloy/Silver. Still looking unique though.

A get together would be cool. My car should be here in mid-October.

Kirk

I think it's time to form a Rocky Mountain Shelby Club. We should get a thread going in the Regional section. What region are we in? West Coast? South West? Mid West U.S.?

A cruise up to Estes Park in the spring would be AWESOME!

BTW, CobraCrazy is in Windsor, CO - Blue/Tungsten (Yeah, he copied me :hysterical:)

Oh, and one more thing...a buddy of mine called me...2 Shelby's hit the ground at Freeway Ford yesterday. Did anyone buy from Freeway?

Archived