TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Doctor's is in!

BoneDoc

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's time to form a Rocky Mountain Shelby Club. We should get a thread going in the Regional section. What region are we in? West Coast? South West? Mid West U.S.?

A cruise up to Estes Park in the spring would be AWESOME!

BTW, CobraCrazy is in Windsor, CO - Blue/Tungsten (Yeah, he copied me :hysterical:)

Oh, and one more thing...a buddy of mine called me...2 Shelby's hit the ground at Freeway Ford yesterday. Did anyone buy from Freeway?

I agree.... would be an awesome site and exciting to be a part of!

I'm up in Wyoming and seem to be the only Wyoming guy on this site. I don't post much, but I've been visiting regularly. I was hoping to have my car in time to take it to the UW vs CSU football game in October. Probably won't have mine until November. Anyway, there are some great roads to drive in Colorado, and I get over to the Laramie area frequently. I wouldn't admit to hanging out with anybody from Colorado........................................... unless the were Shelby GT500 guys. HA HA

...I wouldn't admit to hanging out with anybody from Colorado........................................... unless the were Shelby GT500 guys. HA HA

:hysterical::hysterical: Good one. I'm actually from California originally. I rarely mention that because Colorado folk hate Californians. I've been in Colorado for 12 years, so I think most of the Californian as worn off. (Go Chico State Wildcats!)

:hysterical::party:

I think it's time to form a Rocky Mountain Shelby Club. We should get a thread going in the Regional section. What region are we in? West Coast? South West? Mid West U.S.?

A cruise up to Estes Park in the spring would be AWESOME!

BTW, CobraCrazy is in Windsor, CO - Blue/Tungsten (Yeah, he copied me :hysterical:)

Oh, and one more thing...a buddy of mine called me...2 Shelby's hit the ground at Freeway Ford yesterday. Did anyone buy from Freeway?

I'm on the board often, but don't comment much. I'm about 7 hours from Estes Park. I would be all for a cruise and a day or two in Estes Park this Spring.

HSURB

I'm up in Wyoming and seem to be the only Wyoming guy on this site. I don't post much, but I've been visiting regularly. I was hoping to have my car in time to take it to the UW vs CSU football game in October. Probably won't have mine until November. Anyway, there are some great roads to drive in Colorado, and I get over to the Laramie area frequently. I wouldn't admit to hanging out with anybody from Colorado........................................... unless the were Shelby GT500 guys. HA HA

How about a Colorado guy who has a GT500 who went to CSU. Go RAMS!!!!

Kirk

Haven't seen a post in a while, but HUE is a "Wyoming guy." I grew up there--windy Casper!

Haven't seen a post in a while, but HUE is a "Wyoming guy." I grew up there--windy Casper!

ps: How about CSU guy (BA and MFA) who nevertheless has to say "GO WYO! GO COWBOYS"

Hows the hunting this year. Ya cant live in Wyoming and not go hunting? :shift:

Go Pokes! Too bad CU lost to Div IAA school Montana State and CSU squeaked past the Buffs. We'll know more about the Pokes after they play Air Force this Saturday. Anyways, it's always a good time going to a CSU vs UW contest.

The hunting has been pretty good. The early snow has moved the Elk lower. Seen one come out a couple weeks ago during bow season. His rack barely fit in the back of this guy's truck. It was impressive.

Go Pokes! Too bad CU lost to Div IAA school Montana State and CSU squeaked past the Buffs. We'll know more about the Pokes after they play Air Force this Saturday. Anyways, it's always a good time going to a CSU vs UW contest.

The hunting has been pretty good. The early snow has moved the Elk lower. Seen one come out a couple weeks ago during bow season. His rack barely fit in the back of this guy's truck. It was impressive.

is that your car in the avatar, gchaser1? where did you take the pic?

That's the color combo I have ordered. The car should be here in November. I'm not sure where the picture was taken. I found it in one of the photo galleries on this site and it's different from most of the other pics. I like how they used one of yours for the "Recent News" column on the left side of the web page. The grabber orange is definitely my second choice after red and white.

Go Pokes! I know this is a car forum--blame Gchaser1. Lost a heart-breaker to Air Force-damn it.

Go Pokes. Go Shelby!

Three weeks until delivery--but who's counting!!! :bandance:

I've got two months until delivery and can hardly stand myself. How do you do it with three weeks left???? I'll probably need to be institutionalized by then.

Mine arrived thursday 9/14! an UNBELIEVABLE car! worth the wait! :woohoo:

What a cool car! I feel like a kid at Christmas! I'm really happy with the look/feel of this car. It is not a car that I plan to sell. ever. Hope these comments help some... I look forward to other's comments as well!

Bonedoc, congrats to you. I am a bit jealous. Still waiting for mine, same car but without Shaker 1000 and Sirius. I will have your car on my pc.

Greetz from the Dutch guy.

Bonedoc, congrats to you. I am a bit jealous. Still waiting for mine, same car but without Shaker 1000 and Sirius. I will have your car on my pc.

Greetz from the Dutch guy.

Patrick-

Good to see you posting again.

I appreciate your comments. This color combo is awesome! you will NOT be dissapointed.

what's the weather like over there? will you be able to drive it when it comes in?

Please let me know when yours gets in. you already have quite a collection..... this will make a nice addition, though!

I have been away for quite a while. Hope is not given up yet. I got sacked by my dealer. Verbal agreement MSRP. Prices announced, 5K over. Well ok, I agreed with that after a short thought. Two weeks later, sorry must be 15K over. I said bent over.

From Nov until March we can get some frost and salt on the roads. Snow is rare, but we have it sometimes for a few weeks.

I also bought another toy. A Baja 202 Islander, with a V8 of course and Corsa exhaust.

GO/White and White/Blue were my colorchoices. GO is imo meaner looking.

Have fun.

I just found out that my "estimated" delivery date to my dealer is 10/12!!! But I wont be able to get her for another week or so. I kinda hope Ford is late getting it done so it doesn't have a chance to sit around for a week at the dealer with people fooling around with it. :party:

Kirk

kirk, when was your build date? Mine is schedule to be built this week and I hope mine comes

in by mid October. It may help me get an idea and that I am not way off on my delivery, also do you

know who Ralf is. I have read others talk about him and asking him about their delivery dates.

Max

I have been away for quite a while. Hope is not given up yet. I got sacked by my dealer. Verbal agreement MSRP. Prices announced, 5K over. Well ok, I agreed with that after a short thought. Two weeks later, sorry must be 15K over. I said bent over.

Welcome back pj... I was wondering if you had your ride yet. I'm sorry to hear that you got screwed like many others here.

Good to see you around... don't worry, we'll both get our GO Shelbys when insane prices go down!

kirk, when was your build date? Mine is schedule to be built this week and I hope mine comes

in by mid October. It may help me get an idea and that I am not way off on my delivery, also do you

know who Ralf is. I have read others talk about him and asking him about their delivery dates.

Max

Hi Max,

My build date was 9/25. I called on the 26th to confirm that it has been bucked (pulled for production) and it has. Ford customer service actually told me that they expect the delivery date to the dealer to be 10/19. That is a little later than the dealer told me but it is fine with me because I don't have time to get it until then anyway.

You might try to call ford customer service before calling Ralph. I am saving his number in case something goes wrong. I have called Ford 2 times and got widly differing levels of information. The first time I called the person told me to just call my dealer. Very helpful huh? The second time I called I got a guy who when I asked for an update on my VIN said you must be getting a Shelby. He was great!!! Sorry I don't remember his name but I don't think you can dial direct to their CRS's anyway. He gave me the estimated completion date and when it is expected to be delivered to the dealer.

Hope all goes well with your car. I still have my fingers crossed.

Kirk

• 2 weeks later...

Great details BoneDoc

I have been to every site on the web looking for this kind of details. Keep it coming...it will help me while I wait. Just ordered mine three days ago. Supposed to be in around the end of the year. Not holding my breath though....but can't wait...but can't talk too much about it around the house....my wife and kids didn't think it was a wise choice...so glad you guys are here to talk with.

Keep the info flowing...we won't get bored with it. It is therapy while we wait!

Welcome back pj... I was wondering if you had your ride yet. I'm sorry to hear that you got screwed like many others here.

Good to see you around... don't worry, we'll both get our GO Shelbys when insane prices go down!

Joe G, it seems that I will be able to get one that is coming in december. Supposed to be a white/blue stripes car but dealer will change to my specs. The price is 10K over but as the US importdealer here will be paying 5K of that as he did let me down the first time. My max was 5K over. Remember that is about 3600 Euro so for me it is less. At the end I will be paying about 70000 Euro after all taxes.

BUT :rant: I believe it when I see the car here in the harbour. Will be the first one in The Netherlands. I know there is one in Sweden (on this forum too) and a few in Germany.

• 2 weeks later...

update at 1200 miles:

clutch problem is gone.... either i'm getting used to it, or the factory surface has worn off the pressureplate/clutch interface. not an issue.

the car jerks into second gear... sometimes hops

wheel hop has intermittently been an issue when burning off the line.

i'd like the mufflers a bit louder.... maybe bassini's in my future?

the car is QWICK!... but you can never have enough horsepower. i will probably get the mail order VMP tune, go to 3.73 rear. that's about all i'll do for now. i have not been impressed with the improvements reported with CAI as of yet? anyone have a differing opinion? i do not want to downsize pully until i get more feedback as to the weaknesses/limits of the drive train.

still VERY happy with the color combo.... grabs alot of attention (no pun intended)! a mean look. i may (in a couple years) change to over-the-top black stripes.

happy with the sound system. hard to see out of the mirrors at times, though, as the Bass in the speakers vibrates the whole car and blurs images in the mirror.

still think traction is the key in this car... need to find a way to effectively deliver all the horses to the ground!

I'll come back to this thread for another update at about 5000 miles.

The fun has NOT worn off! still can't wait to get home from work and go for a cruise!

:shift:

update at 1200 miles:

clutch problem is gone.... either i'm getting used to it, or the factory surface has worn off the pressureplate/clutch interface. not an issue.

the car jerks into second gear... sometimes hops

wheel hop has intermittently been an issue when burning off the line.

i'd like the mufflers a bit louder.... maybe bassini's in my future?

the car is QWICK!... but you can never have enough horsepower. i will probably get the mail order VMP tune, go to 3.73 rear. that's about all i'll do for now. i have not been impressed with the improvements reported with CAI as of yet? anyone have a differing opinion? i do not want to downsize pully until i get more feedback as to the weaknesses/limits of the drive train.

still VERY happy with the color combo.... grabs alot of attention (no pun intended)! a mean look. i may (in a couple years) change to over-the-top black stripes.

happy with the sound system. hard to see out of the mirrors at times, though, as the Bass in the speakers vibrates the whole car and blurs images in the mirror.

still think traction is the key in this car... need to find a way to effectively deliver all the horses to the ground!

I'll come back to this thread for another update at about 5000 miles.

The fun has NOT worn off! still can't wait to get home from work and go for a cruise!

:shift:

Hey Doc...give the Ford Racing axle backs a listen. Awesome! And for CAI and SCT tune, I'll be able to give you feedback in a week or so. I have them ordered from paulshp.com

Car is in the shop for about 10 days being striped.

:happy feet:

bj

Doc: I am torn between the Red, Orange, and Vista Blue. Your Orange car photos have helped me. all 3 of these colors are good so I am on the fence right now. My car is currently ordered in Red W/White stripes like yours was. What made you switch athe last minute ?

Doc: I am torn between the Red, Orange, and Vista Blue. Your Orange car photos have helped me. all 3 of these colors are good so I am on the fence right now. My car is currently ordered in Red W/White stripes like yours was. What made you switch athe last minute ?

Rob-

i just thought here were too many red/white combos out there.... nothing against that look.... just wanted to be different.

one of my favorite cars all-time is the grabber orange 1970 "twister" edition Mach I... love the color. Grabber is just a great classic muscle car color. there are no other cars on the street like it. you will not blend into a crowd of cars with a grabber car (like you might with a white, or red, etc.) the color is unique.

the look of the car really depends on the lighting. looks more yello in direct light, looks more orange near dusk. having the wheels and black trim clean and "wet" black in appearance really brings out the orange.

honestly, i don't think you can go wrong... but i am very happy with this color combo!

Archived