TEAM SHELBY FORUM

In Search of Something That Works

I've been looking around for some emblems that would match and/or compliment the "Berg" cap on the back of my car...

I've run across this web site: http://store.cobranda.com/19shpa4.html and they have a couple of interesting items...all for $14.95 each!!!

post-19184-1216876213.jpg

post-19184-1216876243.jpg

post-19184-1216876273.gif

Does anyone have any idea how the steering wheel emblem attaches to our steering wheel/air bag? What would it take to remove the one that is on there?

The Shelby Door Emblem matches our "Berg" cap really well...maybe it would work on the grille too???

The Shelby Grille Emblem looks like original 69-70 stock...replacement for the Tri bar Running Pony???

and the Shelby Steering Wheel Center Emblem looks like it would look nice on the steering wheel as well if I can figure out how to remove the original and get this one in there....

What do you guys think? I have sent an email requesting more information, hopefully I'll hear something soon...

I know, flirting with the air bag and it's emblem is a No No, but I'm just exploring right now...

post-19184-1216876213.jpg

post-19184-1216876243.jpg

post-19184-1216876273.gif

Carl,

Let us know what you hear back from Cobranda's. I have seen Mustang and Cobra emblems for the billet grills in the advertisement sections of the Mustange magazines, mostly where they are selling the front fascias, and billet grills. I don't know if the 69-70 Shelby Cobra emblem would have the appropriate hardware to properly affix to the billet grill but it probably could be modified. I too have thought about it swapping it out but I still like the horse because it looks like the 1966 GT 350. The light bar on my car makes the convertible look like the 1968 Shelby GT's (350/500) as well. I thought about using the 68 grill emblem which looks similar to the 69-70 grill emblem but has COBRA below the snake instead of SHELBY. I also thought about using a modified 67 grill emblem but don't think the gold matches the modern color scheme...

edit - http://www.mrbodykit.com/accessories/billet.htm

mrbodykit has a cobra grill emblem that has an adhesive backing and Tony D. Branda (cobranda) has an adhesive SHELBY or COBRA emblem that could mount below the snake for that 68-70 look...eliminating the need for the mounting hardware

What I would like the most is a tribar Tiffany Cobra which I may have to fabricate. But then again I may do nothing at all....

Erich

post-20824-1216879180.jpg

post-20824-1216879358.gif

Carl,

Let us know what you hear back from Cobranda's. I have seen Mustang and Cobra emblems for the billet grills in the advertisement sections of the Mustange magazines, mostly where they are selling the front fascias, and billet grills. I don't know if the 69-70 Shelby Cobra emblem would have the appropriate hardware to properly affix to the billet grill but it probably could be modified. I too have thought about it swapping it out but I still like the horse because it looks like the 1966 GT 350. The light bar on my car makes the convertible look like the 1968 Shelby GT's (350/500) as well. I thought about using the 68 grill emblem which looks similar to the 69-70 grill emblem but has COBRA below the snake instead of SHELBY. I also thought about using a modified 67 grill emblem but don't think the gold matches the modern color scheme...

edit - http://www.mrbodykit.com/accessories/billet.htm

mrbodykit has a cobra grill emblem that has an adhesive backing and Tony D. Branda (cobranda) has an adhesive SHELBY or COBRA emblem that could mount below the snake for that 68-70 look...eliminating the need for the mounting hardware

What I would like the most is a tribar Tiffany Cobra which I may have to fabricate. But then again I may do nothing at all....

Erich

Yeah, I'd love to find an emblem like what is in your avatar...the tri bar Cobra would look cool and modern! I'll post what I find out from Tony Branda...

Well, here is the reply that I got from Branda:

I have never been good at making old emblems look great on a new car.

We do get about 50 requests like that a year and just do not know how to reply. These emblems are not made for the newer cars and you run the risk of making your car look out of place.

The door panel emblem would not be a bad idea but these are stick on.

I am sure the tape will not hold up to the elements and or you would need to come up with some kind of baseplate to attach to the emblem.

The 69 Shelby grill emblem will look way out of place as it is too large.

Archived