TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Quater window scoops

I got a big suprise in the mail today, my quarter window scoops arrived ! :happy feet: :happy feet:

I had been told by shelby perfomance that they wouldn't be avaliable untill september, so needless to say I was doing backflips after ups showed up!

does anyone here have these on a sgt yet?

p.s. i will post pics tommorow, don't shoot me

I got a big suprise in the mail today, my quarter window scoops arrived ! :happy feet: :happy feet:

I had been told by shelby perfomance that they wouldn't be avaliable untill september, so needless to say I was doing backflips after ups showed up!

does anyone here have these on a sgt yet?

p.s. i will post pics tommorow, don't shoot me

OK, Noone else has said it, so I will.....This Thread is Worthless Without Pics!!!!! :hysterical:

OK here are the pics, these are the super snake quarter window scoops, I mocked it up with some painters tape to see how they will look.

I will be stopping by my friends body shop tomorrow, hopefully he can paint them and get them put on by next week.

494.jpg

479.jpg

488.jpg

Ok so I called SAI yesterday and they said that they wouldn't have these in until mid- August. So how did you get those? I am going to order mine with the GT 500 wing and stripe kit so I can have it allpainted at once. :o

I wish I knew, I orderd them right after the new catalog came out and was told they were backordered untill september. I get up for work the other day and my wife says ups droped off a package and :yahoo: I couldn't believe it!

I just droped off the scoops to my buddys shop yesterday for paint so hopefully I will have them on by next week :happy feet:

Is there some kind of screen that goes in the front opening ?

No, but I wish there was , I thought about having them make some kind of "screen" insert to go in there, but I don't want it to look cheesie. I wanted to keep the car all Shelby or Shelby installed parts. Other wise cervini's make some that look similar with the mesh screen, but I don't like the overall shape of them as much.

• 9 years later...

Pulled the trigger tonight.....Black Friday sale at American Muscle.

I have never wanted really to mess with the exterior of my SGT much. These cars were nailed pretty much exterior-wise, IMHO in Vegas.

JerseyGator was here this past week to do a long awaited paint correction on my baby. The car looks showroom new and above all, finally matches its odo reading of 2035 miles.

The shiny new appearance of the car has me re-thinking the exterior and the quarter windows more specifically. I figger the SGTs were Carrolls attempt to resurrect the original GT350s (for that time....2007), so in my mind anyway, a Louver as opposed to a scoop was in order. These units were on sale at AM Muscle for $129 prepainted and shipped free. The pics Ive seen on the webisphere of Black Stangs with them on it, look sweet. So, Ill give em a go. :cool:

post-5340-0-42122600-1511572345_thumb.jpeg

Louvers came today. They’re nice looking. Paint quality is really nice. I’m not keen on the new updated mounting idea....it’s a 3M product, but not old school Velcro. It’s two halves of a plastic interloc. Designed so you can readily remove to clean the windows. I suppose that in itself is OK, but seems less solid? I dunno, we’ll see. I took a few pics in the garage tonight. I’ll take some better ones in the sunlight tomar or the next. Weather permitting.

I really like the look. :rockon:

Keep it like the 66 GT350. I never realized this but the quarter windows are smaller on the 2013 mustang.

FYI

The Saleen PJ mustang looked good with the 1/4 window side scoop...just not a fan on putting them on a Shelby.

Yes sir, the 1/4’s are indeed different shaped and sized.

I’m at a crossroads on a different window covering. I oughtta let a sleeping dog lie....

Chris I bought the shelby branded/embossed black window covers and had them painted to match my car. Result...meh.

I hear ya!

Chris I bought the shelby branded/embossed black window covers and had them painted to match my car. Result...meh.

I hear ya!

Yeah? Well, thanks Dave. I am not sure that anything need be in order on this car. Maybe it was the ghost of Carroll telling me to leave it alone!? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I retreated back to the drawing board, and the perfect scoop was right under my nose!! I had these on my red 500 and totally forgot all about them.

These are the fiberglass FOOSE Stallion scoops from the short run of cars he did in 2006 & 2007. These really capture the fastback look of the S197. They also taper inward to the quarter as they go backward. Very smooth!

This is a FOOSE car from the web...NOT my car. Just a pic of a black one for reference. :victory:

25211705398_8e5ef78188_h_d.jpg

• 2 months later...

I dropped the scoops off at my local Ford Stealer to have em painted UA Black.....got scared and called and told em NOT to do it. Went and picked em up...for now. 

Ill keep em boxed up for a while till I regain my confidence in changing this car. :cool: 

It’s just me but I don’t like all these scoops and add on big spoilers on any old or new Shelby. It is very prevalent on most mustang GTs over at mustang g6. I guess when I was teen I’d done the same thing. Heck I won’t even put a spoiler on my 07 SGT. Just saying. 

Archived