TEAM SHELBY FORUM

3DCarbon Spoiler installed

FordEvangelist

Ok, I got the taillights in this morning - took about 35 mintues total - real easy. They look cool :) and I find myself using the blinkers more than normal! lol

Put the spoiler on this afternoon, too. Took about 1 1/2 hrs just taking my time. The car is so new that the original spoiler tape pulled right up so cleanup wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Did a freeway test and the new spoiler was still there when I got home so I guess it's good!

I'm not much of a photographer but pics are attached to this message. I like the new spoiler better but that's a matter of personal preference. No vision issues either looking out the rear window. Looking at these pics makes me realize how high the car sits! Springs can't get here soon enough.

post-6383-1158435082_thumb.jpg

post-6383-1158435096_thumb.jpg

post-6383-1158435111_thumb.jpg

post-6383-1158435128_thumb.jpg

post-6383-1158435082_thumb.jpg

post-6383-1158435096_thumb.jpg

post-6383-1158435111_thumb.jpg

post-6383-1158435128_thumb.jpg

Ok, I got the taillights in this morning - took about 35 mintues total - real easy. They look cool :) and I find myself using the blinkers more than normal! lol

Put the spoiler on this afternoon, too. Took about 1 1/2 hrs just taking my time. The car is so new that the original spoiler tape pulled right up so cleanup wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Did a freeway test and the new spoiler was still there when I got home so I guess it's good!

I'm not much of a photographer but pics are attached to this message. I like the new spoiler better but that's a matter of personal preference. No vision issues either looking out the rear window. Looking at these pics makes me realize how high the car sits! Springs can't get here soon enough.

Looks Hot!!! Much better than the OEM spoiler.

Is that spoiler a bolt on? Did it come painted?

Thx, looking good!

That is a Steeda 3D Carbon spoiler. It uses two of the existing spoiler holes in the trunk lid and double sided tape. It seems to be very secure. You just have to clean the area real well so the tape'll stick good.

No, it did not come painted - I had it painted locally. If I did it again, I'd buy it pre-painted from AtlantaAuto Accessories (atlantaauto.com I think). Just simplifies the process.

Thanks for the nice comments guys!

I love all those cartoon mustangs, funny. Reminds me of a Chucky movie or something. Hey, thanks for the info on the Atlanta parts site. Prices might be a little high, but it is nice they paint the piece for you and guarantee the matching. Hopefully the shippers would be careful and not damage it in the mail. Like that Vista blue color, thinking of that with the ducktail spoiler and some nice aftermarket chrome wheels. I want the sequintial tail lights also. Have you seen the pushbutton start in the dash power point, that is trick also. Later

I love all those cartoon mustangs, funny. Reminds me of a Chucky movie or something. Hey, thanks for the info on the Atlanta parts site. Prices might be a little high, but it is nice they paint the piece for you and guarantee the matching. Hopefully the shippers would be careful and not damage it in the mail. Like that Vista blue color, thinking of that with the ducktail spoiler and some nice aftermarket chrome wheels. I want the sequintial tail lights also. Have you seen the pushbutton start in the dash power point, that is trick also. Later

Look forward to seeing it with the new springs, tokicos, and wheels. Interested in how it handles after you do the install. The spoiler looks great, did it have 4 bolts or 2?

Look forward to seeing it with the new springs, tokicos, and wheels. Interested in how it handles after you do the install. The spoiler looks great, did it have 4 bolts or 2?

It has 2 bolts - I figured out why they (3D Carbon) don't use all 4 - because the forward bolt hole are too close to the forward lip of the spoiler and there's not enough room there to thread a bolt in. I'm curious if the factory GT500 spoiler uses all 4 bolts.

Yeah, man... noone wants to see the new suspension more than me!!!! lol

I've ordered a new adjustable panhard rod, too to center the rear axle. Everyone I've talked to with this setup raves about the handling. The Tokicos are adjustable, too.

Sweet!

Can't wait to see it with the springs.

I'm amazed at the OEM ride height - including the Shelby. ???

And this spoiler makes sense. At high speed, it will create some downforce.

The factory "spoilers" are simply cosmetic - and probably increase drag without serving any purpose.

Keep posting pics when you can. :rockon:

Hey Ford Evangelist, does the spoiler come with a template? I was thinking about ordering my 'stang without the rear spoiler. I cannot decide between the shelby look-alike, or the ducktail. I think I will get it from that Atlanta based company though, they guarantee the paint matches the factory color, that is sweet. I don't want to mess around with a local paint shop. Last time I did something like that, I had to drive around without my gas cover on my '01 GT so they could match it. I got some strange looks. It may be better though, then I would only have to drill the 2 holes, instead of worrying about 2 extra sets of holes rusting. Thanks for any info, later

Sweet!

Can't wait to see it with the springs.

I'm amazed at the OEM ride height - including the Shelby. ???

And this spoiler makes sense. At high speed, it will create some downforce.

The factory "spoilers" are simply cosmetic - and probably increase drag without serving any purpose.

Keep posting pics when you can. :rockon:

Yes, it comes with instructions and some sort of "hole finders" for installing on cars with the "spoiler delete" option. Personally, I'd order with the spoiler again if I had to - just easier when you have the holes already located and drilled for you I think. It made lining it up a snap I thought.

The holes are very clean and painted at the factory so rust shouldn't be an issue. Besides... now I have an extra spoiler to sell on EBay! haha

Oh, if you are getting a spoiler that doesn't cover all the holes then I'd definitely do the spoiler delete. The ducktail spoiler does look very good on these cars - I was close to going that direction.

I've attached a couple of pics I took during the install - one shows the trunk after I cleaned it up and the other shows the spoiler after the tape was applied.

post-6383-1158728032_thumb.jpg

post-6383-1158728043_thumb.jpg

post-6383-1158728032_thumb.jpg

post-6383-1158728043_thumb.jpg

Archived