TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone scraped or drug the front spoiler yet?

06ragtopGT

I scraped the black lower front spoiler while turning into a laneway. The roads have only base asphalt and therefore while exiting was not a problem but entering was a problem. I really flipped at first when I seen the way the plastic was all fringed. I used the reverse side or the non cutting side of a utility knife and cleaned off all the plastic fringes. It was like almost filing it down. Anyhow not really a big deal as it could of been worse.

I just picked my car up in Mich. this weekend and on my way back to florida with 500 miles on the car and 2am driving thry Ky I hit a retread at about 85 mph and it didnt stand a chance the front kracked like it was made of glass. I be posting pics soon as i get the guts to take pics of it. Its to LOW

I just picked my car up in Mich. this weekend and on my way back to florida with 500 miles on the car and 2am driving thry Ky I hit a retread at about 85 mph and it didnt stand a chance the front kracked like it was made of glass. I be posting pics soon as i get the guts to take pics of it. Its to LOW

Sorry to hear of the damage. Hope it can be cleaned up OK.

At least your an official "owner" now.

Congrats on delivery. How's it drive?

Mike.

My 06 clears pretty good but from what I see the Shelby's lower front spolier is lower and further foward.

I am seriously thinking of painting all the lower black parts to match car (full stripe delete) but I dont want to paint the front if I'm going to be beating the heck out of it.

I just replaced mine this weekend myself. It is about a $97 part. I think I'm going to buy several...

Ouch. I'm going to have problems. My driveway entrance is one of those where the curb is just rounded off. Looks like I may have to build a ramp.

Rpretzel-

i have the same kind of driveway. the spoiler will scrape if you back out in a hurry and do not back out at an angle. If i back out slowly, and cut about a 20 degree angle, i have not had problems.

Archived