Serialize Date: 8/10/2006

Segment Date: 8/10/2006

Sequence Date: 8/18/2006

Blend Date: 8/22/2006

Produced Date: 8/31/2006

Gate Release Date: 8/31/2006

Ship Date: 8/31/2006

Arrival Date: 9/11/2006

I ordered on Friday, August 4 so I guess it didn't go in till Monday, August 7. They say it arrived Sep 11 but the dealership swears it got there yesterday - Sep 14.

The car is very cool... I absolutely love it. I only have about 23 total miles on it so far and haven't been over 60MPH in it yet. The first thing I've noticed is that the shifter has got to go. It's clunky and seems to want to fight you to prevent you from shifting gears - Steeda Triax on the way to fix that little problem.

Engine is quiet until you really lay into it. I like that but some may not. Very torquey down low and nice, decent power throughout. Definitely needs a power adder though. It's nice the way it is but you can tell that it's very subdued.

The suspension isn't as bad as I thought it'd be but I'm still looking forward to getting the springs and struts replaced. I just found out that my Eibach Pro springs are backordered so it looks like around Sep 30 before I get the suspension installed - I'll wait till that's done to put the new rims and tires on.

My very, very first mod was to replace the antenna with a "shorty" 14" antenna :-] The sequential taillights go in tomorrow.

The satellite radio is great - don't want to ever buy another car without it! The car has nice features (that I like anyway) like power passenger seat, monochromatic mirror, and heated seats.

5 year roadside assistance is now in effect. Oh! When I arrived the salesman told me that I got a $500 rebate from Ford that I didn't know about previously! I bought on x-plan and was surprised he told me about it but he was very good through the entire process.

That's all for now - I'm tired.

Recap:

2007 Vista Blue Mustang GT, Dark Charcoal interior

5sp Manual, 3.55

IUP, Comfort Group, Premium Trim Pkg, Satellite radio

17" base wheels (being replaced very soon)

Here's a photo at the dealership - my daughter modeling....

07gt_1.jpg

Congrats man, it does feel good to get behind the wheel of a new stang! I've done it twice now. Can't wait to see the pics and hear how the upgrades go. Heck I might have to stop by and see them in person next time I'm in Dallas.

Heres a couple of pics of mine with the new wheels. She's begging for a drop. It was getting dark, so the photos aren't great.

post-6298-1158381192_thumb.jpg

post-6298-1158381245_thumb.jpg

post-6298-1158381192_thumb.jpg

post-6298-1158381245_thumb.jpg

Congrats on the new ride.

Looking good! (and so is your very cute daughter!)

Can you give us links to where you found your antenna and sequential tail lights?

Yes, congrats. If you want some links for those, check my signature. I actually have to update mine, because the QuickLifts are in! :bandance: They are sweet. Just wished that I had painted the hardware to match first.

Congrats man, it does feel good to get behind the wheel of a new stang! I've done it twice now. Can't wait to see the pics and hear how the upgrades go. Heck I might have to stop by and see them in person next time I'm in Dallas.

Heres a couple of pics of mine with the new wheels. She's begging for a drop. It was getting dark, so the photos aren't great.

That looks nice! Are those BFG KDW tires? That's what I've ordered for my car - those on your car look like the same ones. Very nice looking ride. Yeah, the cars look awesome I think when dropped a bit.

Congrats on the new ride.

Looking good! (and so is your very cute daughter!)

Can you give us links to where you found your antenna and sequential tail lights?

Hey Ruf,

Yeah, just check out MustangTuning.com, StangSuspension.com, and Powerhouse411.com for lotsa goodies :-] Plus, as we all know... it seems like there's a "zillion" more Mustang sites out there - those are just the three I've been frequenting so far.

I have to admit the the short antenna really works for me - such a simple thing to do but it looks nice because you no longer have that huge whip stuck on your front fender.

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS! I know you love this car. Who wouldn't? It's amazing!

I agree with you on several points regarding your car. Especially with the Satellite Radio. My '05 Mustang had the Terk Commander XM Satellite Radio controller, but it rode an empty channel and was no where near as clear as the hardwired Sirius Satellite Radio in my '07 'Stang! I would never have another car without satellite radio either. I would go insane if I had to listen to the senseless blather radio jockeys spew every morning on their shows; it's idiotic, but they think they're entertaining. Satellite radio has something for everyone and with little or no interruption by talking heads. People that don't have satellite don't know what they're missing!

On the subject of your mods: it's cool that you've already begun personalizing your steed. Keep us posted on your enhancements! :beerchug:

Archived