TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New arrival in Southeastern PA

Snakehead

I'm crazy busy at work yesterday when the dealer calls to say the car is in. This was very unexpected but that was whole other story that I posted yesterday. My special instructions to the dealer when he called:

"Don't f***ing touch it."

"I'll remove all stickers."

"I'll assist with the PDI."

"Don't dare drive it, I'll do the initial 5 mile drive."

"If there is a scratch on the car, I'll f***ing have your a**."

"If there are more than 5 miles on the car, I'll f***ing kill someone." etc.

You get the idea. Most definately not rational.

Planned on leaving work at 4:30 pm to pick-up car. Couldn't get out of the office until 6:30 pm.

Arrived at dealer at 7:00 pm. Pouring rain all day. Despite prayer, the rain continued. I was taking the car home if I had to row it.

Thankfully for the dealer (I think my salesman really was scared), the car was in perfect condition. Paperwork wasn't ready. As soon as the PDI was done (I didn't really assist), my wife and I immediately jumped in the car and took off. "I'll be back to sign everything." I needed to feel the supercharger kick in as we passed the 5 consecutive mile mark and the initial de-tune is magically lifted.

Pouring, pouring rain. Dealer says I needed to stay at 55 mph or more for 5 miles.

Interstate -- here we come.

First "run" was unsuccessful. It was raining so hard the traffic was doing 40 mph. Finally, turned around and made it 5 miles at "55 or more" on the way back. I think my wife almost peed her pants. Had she not been in the new car, I think she would have. Suffice it to say, the car goes fast and handles well in the rain. You can tell when the de-tune is lifted by the boost gauge, but its not as easy to tell as you might think. The car needs to be under a load for the boost to kick in but the rain had me driving very conservatively.

Eventually got her (the car) home about 10:00 pm. 16 hour day at work today. Can't wait for this weekend. Sleeping in the garage tonight. I'll post picks when I get a chance.

Cheers,

John

:happy feet:

John,

All this reading of other guys getting their cars is starting to make me eager to get my car. They are telling me mid to end of October. I've not heard anyone talk about the 5 miles at 55 mph or faster. Where did you learn about this and what does it do for the tuning of the car. I had plan on having the car tuned after I picked it up, will this effect that? Have a great time in your new ride!

David

Sorry to hear about the rain, but you have the car and the fun now. Every new car or truck I have got in my life has gotted rained on before I got home with it. That is my luck. Have a great time with your peice of car art.

I'm crazy busy at work yesterday when the dealer calls to say the car is in. This was very unexpected but that was whole other story that I posted yesterday. My special instructions to the dealer when he called:

"Don't f***ing touch it."

"I'll remove all stickers."

"I'll assist with the PDI."

"Don't dare drive it, I'll do the initial 5 mile drive."

"If there is a scratch on the car, I'll f***ing have your a**."

"If there are more than 5 miles on the car, I'll f***ing kill someone." etc.

You get the idea. Most definately not rational.

Planned on leaving work at 4:30 pm to pick-up car. Couldn't get out of the office until 6:30 pm.

Arrived at dealer at 7:00 pm. Pouring rain all day. Despite prayer, the rain continued. I was taking the car home if I had to row it.

Thankfully for the dealer (I think my salesman really was scared), the car was in perfect condition. Paperwork wasn't ready. As soon as the PDI was done (I didn't really assist), my wife and I immediately jumped in the car and took off. "I'll be back to sign everything." I needed to feel the supercharger kick in as we passed the 5 consecutive mile mark and the initial de-tune is magically lifted.

Pouring, pouring rain. Dealer says I needed to stay at 55 mph or more for 5 miles.

Interstate -- here we come.

First "run" was unsuccessful. It was raining so hard the traffic was doing 40 mph. Finally, turned around and made it 5 miles at "55 or more" on the way back. I think my wife almost peed her pants. Had she not been in the new car, I think she would have. Suffice it to say, the car goes fast and handles well in the rain. You can tell when the de-tune is lifted by the boost gauge, but its not as easy to tell as you might think. The car needs to be under a load for the boost to kick in but the rain had me driving very conservatively.

Eventually got her (the car) home about 10:00 pm. 16 hour day at work today. Can't wait for this weekend. Sleeping in the garage tonight. I'll post picks when I get a chance.

Cheers,

John

:happy feet:

John,

All this reading of other guys getting their cars is starting to make me eager to get my car. They are telling me mid to end of October. I've not heard anyone talk about the 5 miles at 55 mph or faster. Where did you learn about this and what does it do for the tuning of the car. I had plan on having the car tuned after I picked it up, will this effect that? Have a great time in your new ride!

David

Dealer said PCM gets reset with first 5 consecutive miles at 55 mph or more. I was aware of the 5 consecutive miles, but I'm not sure if the 55+ mph was necessary (although I was happy to oblige).

Hey John! Congrats on the car and your ability to communicate clearly with car dealers!! LOL!!

Where in southeastern PA are you? Or the dealer you bought from?? I'm down here as well.....in Downingtown......

Looking forward to the pics!

I'm in Kennett Square, PA. Dealer was Winner Ford in Newark, Delaware. I paid a $3k ADM, but it was negotiated up front and put in writing. Despite my paranoia, they were a good dealer to work with. I would buy from them again and refer people to them.

Archived