TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Someone used my CS6 for mustang poster

LL CS6

A buddy of mine e-mailed me and said there was a car poster on e-bay that looked like my car,sure enough if you go to e-bay type in green mustang poster in the search block there it is. I doubt they sell alot of them but it's still pretty cool having your car put on a poster.

• 3 months later...
All I see under a "green mustang poster" ebay search is a factory Ford poster for the Bullit Mustang.

Not sure what the OP is referring to as a CS6 and a Bullit are different cars.

Steve

Besides, assuming the seller just took a random pic and designed a poster would he not need the permission of FORD and not the owner of the car?

I believe this has been brought up before.

Besides, assuming the seller just took a random pic and designed a poster would he not need the permission of FORD and not the owner of the car?

I believe this has been brought up before.

Unless we are talking about different posters the one on ebay is from Ford.

It's a Ford produced poster for the Bullit Mustang.

Steve

That's why I said assuming. Just commenting on the "permission" post a few above us.

It's my understanding that someone could make a poster featuring a Mustang as long as they didn't use the words or logos, Ford Mustang. Once you start using the words Ford or Mustang is when you get into trouble.

Just like a few years back when Ford starting cracking down on car websites the cease & desist letters were about using the name Ford or Mustang. It wasn't about posting pics of their cars.

But when someone makes a poster its usually for a profit and that can get Fords attention even if the words Ford Mustang are not used.

Lets see what others have to say on this.

Steve

Steve, lets say I took a picture of my Shelby which say "Powered by Ford on the side of it and made 1000 copies of the pics and made posters out of them. Could I get in trouble for copyright infringement if I decide to sell them on ebay since the word Ford is in the poster?

Steve, lets say I took a picture of my Shelby which say "Powered by Ford on the side of it and made 1000 copies of the pics and made posters out of them. Could I get in trouble for copyright infringement if I decide to sell them on ebay since the word Ford is in the poster?

I just checked ebay and they have taken it off. It looks like ebay took all of their posters off.The company's name is Superstylings.com. What they were doing is making car show posters for people.You would submit 5 or more hi-res pic's and they would make you a poster,the kicker is if you wanted you pic's back then the poster price would be much higher,if you let them keep the pic's then it was a lower price. I went with the lower price,but I didn't know they could make posters out of my pic's and sell them for profit.

Their website is still running and my car (along with many more mustangs) and other models posters are being sold.post-18963-1225500760_thumb.jpg

This is the pic they used.

post-18963-1225500760_thumb.jpg

It's my understanding that you would be ok using a photograph of your car that showed the factory badging but you couldn't add text to the poster using words like Ford, Shelby, Mustang, etc.

It's the printed words that get you in trouble with the trademark and copyright infringements.

Again this is just my understanding as a layman so its best to follow up with your local attorney before attempting such an endeavor.

Steve

Their website is still running and my car (along with many more mustangs) and other models posters are being sold.slimer_right_profile.JPG

This is the pic they used.

Ok now I understand as I just checked out their website.

It looks like you sign away all your rights to your cars photograph once you place an order with them.

Steve

It's my understanding that you would be ok using a photograph of your car that showed the factory badging but you couldn't add text to the poster using words like Ford, Shelby, Mustang, etc.

It's the printed words that get you in trouble with the trademark and copyright infringements.

Again this is just my understanding as a layman so its best to follow up with your local attorney before attempting such an endeavor.

Steve

Wasn't planning on doing it. Just curious. Thanks for the info.

Archived