TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gt500KR Damaged already #53 tribute car

68S08KR

you forgot to mention he's a full time Farmer in Nebraska & his son is going thru College too

[/quote

ENOUGH SAID ON THIS THREAD.

I pray for his wife and I hope she is doing okay, as for him, his true colors were shown on the forum, and now he is on his own.

Woodward Dream Cruise is 3 weeks away, come one and come all.............................................................................

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I feel bad for his wife.

Does anyone know how she's doing ? Is the cancer in remission ?

I sure hope so.

According to his posts, she is working full-time, in a factory, and touring car shows in the first delivered KR.

Yeah, you are probably right. She can't help it if he's a jerk.

Do you really believe that a " dying " mother's last wish is a new KR, while she works in a factory?

Meanwhile, back at the farm, Jon is spending the kid's college fund, so he and his wife can ride around in a new $100K car, and she isn't part of the scam?

Face it. We all got " conned ".

I think we should hold off on the name calling & give him another 12-24 hrs to respond. I have felt a tremor in the force that says he PM'd Amy & will not return to this thread.

I will, certainly, apologize if my indictment is inaccurate, in any significant respect. However, after 33+ years of criminal law, I'm pretty good at getting to the truth.

I don't doubt that his wife had some form of cancer, and I empathize. However, I believe his duplicity, about SAI speaks volumes.

Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus.

( False in one thing, false in everything. )

When I read the initial post, I had an entirely different idea. Just show the car as it is, until a replacement part is available. It's part of the history of the car, and another memory to add to the scrapbook. Something more to talk about at the shows. I know scratches and car damage can be sickening when you love the car, but cars are in the line of fire when you drive them.

I had a '65 2+2 fastback that was very rusty, was reluctant to start, burned oil, overheated, and took me across Canada. I loved that car, but there was always something wrong with it. If I could take it to shows today, even banged up as it was, I wouldn't hesitate. It's the people and the stories they tell, that make these events special. Living, dying... if your choice is to spend time that way, then show off the broken splitter and get someone talking about their road misadventures. Talking histories are highly under-rated.

On the issue of SAI doing what they can, I offer my story of picking up my 40th Anniversary in the Arrivals thread. When I decided to head back to SAI after 70 miles, because of some front-end vibration, Gary Davis (VP, MFG and R&D) and Bud told me to bring it back in. They, along with their techs, spent a couple of hours going over the car, rebalancing all of the wheels, and answering more of my questions while this was being done. In the end, they couldn't get one wheel quite right, so they replaced it with a new one. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but my car was delayed because of a shortage of silver wheels. So even though they were in scarce supply, they gave me a replacement so I could get back on the road, safely. And who am I to them? Nobody special, just another customer. I'm sure if they had a splitter to offer, they would have made it available.

And lastly, I had a flat on my trip home. I used my compressor and sealant that's provided in the GT500 instead of a spare tire. My local SVT dealer had no idea whether the unit had to be replaced, or if it could be re-charged. They finally found the re-charge, but it's back-ordered, i.e. unavailable. And there's lots more GT500's around than KR's. Spare parts aren't always available, and so I wait. That's just the way it goes sometimes...

Hi all,

I believe that everything has been said and done on this thread. There should not be anything more added to it. All has been said and done. I am going to close this thread now. Nothing more needs to be said. We all have lived and learned.

Thank you,

Bud

Archived