TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gt500KR Damaged already #53 tribute car

68S08KR

Hi Guys we went to a car show sat. 90 miles from home and on the way home at 11:30 pm going about 50 mph on a 2 lane hiway (always extra careful driving late at nite) and a gator up and bit a chunk out of the splitter it couldn`t be avoided to much traffic to swerve and avoid it, talk about ruining the rest of the drive home and still really bummed about it, the wife says it a good thing she wasn`t driving SO THIS IS THE SITUATION AMY AND BUD SAY THAT THERE ARE NO SPARE PARTS FOR THE KR BECAUSE THEY NEED ALL THEY CAN GET TO GET THE REST OF YOUR GUYS CARS BUILT - TALK ABOUT A SLAP IN THE FACE !!! I begged nicely but it didn`t help so now we are SOL anybody have any suggestions of what we should do?? How does a person show a car with a damaged part? HELP!!! Jon!post-21594-1216767543.jpg

post-21594-1216767543.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Guys we went to a car show sat. 90 miles from home and on the way home at 11:30 pm going about 50 mph on a 2 lane hiway (always extra careful driving late at nite) and a gator up and bit a chunk out of the splitter it couldn`t be avoided to much traffic to swerve and avoid it, talk about ruining the rest of the drive home and still really bummed about it, the wife says it a good thing she wasn`t driving SO THIS IS THE SITUATION AMY AND BUD SAY THAT THERE ARE NO SPARE PARTS FOR THE KR BECAUSE THEY NEED ALL THEY CAN GET TO GET THE REST OF YOUR GUYS CARS BUILT - TALK ABOUT A SLAP IN THE FACE !!! I begged nicely but it didn`t help so now we are SOL anybody have any suggestions of what we should do?? How does a person show a car with a damaged part? HELP!!! Jon!post-21594-1216767543.jpg

Hum... yea.... well..... :lurk::censored::lurk::lurk::lurk::banghead: Good luck...

Sorry to hear about the bad luck, put a plastic GT500 spoiler on until you can get it replaced, at least this way you can look at it & not have the empty feeling of a chunk missing when you look at it.

+1 that's what I was thinking and what I would do if I were in your shoes.... hang in there, I'm sure SAI will take care of you in time

I agree. Get a regular air splitter and just use that until you can get another carbon fiber one.

You could have it painted silver to match the car have either have the blue stripes painted or have a sign shop color match the vinyl and use that for the small section to add stripes. That would really dress it up.

At least it would look good until they can get you a replacement part.

If you look closely at the photo, it appears to me there is more damage than just the carbon fiber splitter. Looks like the piece surrounding the lower grill has been damaged and you have a strange gap?

Now let me get this straight, they are manufacturing a car and selling it on the open market and there are no parts available? Wish I could do that to my customers.

HSURB

Be patient and I assure you that they will help you out when the parts are available, THEY HAVE GATORS IN NEBRASKA?

Gators in Nebraska, were they inported or what as I did not know they were indiguous to that region

If you look closely at the photo, it appears to me there is more damage than just the carbon fiber splitter. Looks like the piece surrounding the lower grill has been damaged and you have a strange gap?

Now let me get this straight, they are manufacturing a car and selling it on the open market and there are no parts available? Wish I could do that to my customers.

HSURB

looks the same to me Tim, something is a bit out of whack with under the grill. I actually don't care much for the carbon fiber look, so I propose paint and stripes on a regular one like shelbydude suggested. I think that would make it look pretty sweet. That way he could just get a carbon fiber one later, and hang it in the garage for safekeeping.

by the way, I scrapped the bottom of mine backing out this evening, with my wife as a witness to the witless :censored:

I need to drive it more, I just forgot all about it hanging low.

AMY AND BUD SAY THAT THERE ARE NO SPARE PARTS FOR THE KR BECAUSE THEY NEED ALL THEY CAN GET TO GET THE REST OF YOUR GUYS CARS BUILT

anybody have any suggestions of what we should do?? How does a person show a car with a damaged part? HELP!!! Jon!post-21594-1216767543.jpg

Sorry to hear about the damage. Personally, given all the day-to-day abuse the front splitter takes, I too would reccommend you consider replacing it with the standard plastic one.

But if you are intent on a CF replacement, you might want to check out this one that's carried by Trufiber:

Chin Spoiler (GT500)

2005-2008 Mustang

Item # TFC10024-LG31

Material: Real Carbon Fiber

Base SKU:TFC10024-LG31

In Stock:Yes

Price: $399.00

The direct link to the product doesn't display anything, but you can find a small photo and the part listing on this page:

http://www.trufiber.com/c-29-mustang-2005-2008.aspx

Good luck!

HSURB

Same thing happened when the 07 GT500's came out in 06'. Remember when the movie making TV show was on showing us how the Red GT500 for the new "Will Smith" movie "I am Legend" was being made & they crashed 2 cars jumping thru a window? They ( the movie studio with millions of dollars) had a hard time also getting replacement parts from Ford since the car was just being made on the assembly line? DID you hear me? I said FORD! A very huge company vs. SAI who's very small & doing all they can to get these out...try cutting them some slack. What if you were the next guy to get his GT500KR & called them during the tracking phase & they said.... sorry your car will be delayed for several more weeks until we can get another CF splitter for your car. The one we had for your car we sent to a customer that already has his car & damaged when he hit a Gator in Nebreska in less then 2 weeks of having the car. Now what would you say to that?

You gotta be kidding! This poor guy probably unloaded close to 100 grand on this car and they are telling him "No replacement parts". That is outrageous. These cars are a total hand job. Insane prices, stupid delivery schedule, investment notions, and now parts from schumaker vendors that can't fill orders. Keep your money in your wallet and buy one in 2 years for 1/2 of what people are being raped for now.

its frustrating to wait for parts, but that really is part of the game for limited production vehicles of any kind. And we all have our opinions, but I am guessing that the 1/2 price purchase part of your statement will not ever happen.

and for what its worth, rape is what happens to unwilling victims. A GT500KR purchaser has the option to go on down the road if the price is not reasonable in their opinion. That action alone would keep the price down if enough took that step.

You gotta be kidding! This poor guy probably unloaded close to 100 grand on this car and they are telling him "No replacement parts". That is outrageous. These cars are a total hand job. Insane prices, stupid delivery schedule, investment notions, and now parts from schumaker vendors that can't fill orders. Keep your money in your wallet and buy one in 2 years for 1/2 of what people are being raped for now.

Why all the negativity, simply don't buy the car if you don't like it, it is as easy and simply as that, unless you just like to complain.

Why all the negativity, simply don't buy the car if you don't like it, it is as easy and simply as that, unless you just like to complain.

bingo bingo bingo...... B)

the guy was only asking for our help on what to do next. There are other places to express one's feelings on adms on these cars. We have been asked repeatedly to not clutter all threads with that issue. :censored:

Same thing happened when the 07 GT500's came out in 06'. Remember when the movie making TV show was on showing us how the Red GT500 for the new "Will Smith" movie "I am Legend" was being made & they crashed 2 cars jumping thru a window? They ( the movie studio with millions of dollars) had a hard time also getting replacement parts from Ford since the car was just being made on the assembly line? DID you hear me? I said FORD! A very huge company vs. SAI who's very small & doing all they can to get these out...try cutting them some slack. What if you were the next guy to get his GT500KR & called them during the tracking phase & they said.... sorry your car will be delayed for several more weeks until we can get another CF splitter for your car. The one we had for your car we sent to a customer that already has his car & damaged when he hit a Gator in Nebreska in less then 2 weeks of having the car. Now what would you say to that?

I don't think anyone is saying someone else should have to wait longer for their car by sending out their part. There should be extra parts, period.

So if they damage a part during the build process that car is put on hold until they can get extra replacement parts?

Weren't they offering those carbon fiber splitters to the public? And aren't they putting those on the SS and 40th?

They are only building a 1,000 of these. They couldn't get some extras from the company making them? Is the company making them that far behind on getting them made just to fill the orders to do the cars they have?

Seems strange to me they couldn't make 1100 just as easy as a 1000?

I don't think anyone is saying someone else should have to wait longer for their car by sending out their part. There should be extra parts, period.

So if they damage a part during the build process that car is put on hold until they can get extra replacement parts?

Weren't they offering those carbon fiber splitters to the public? And aren't they putting those on the SS and 40th?

They are only building a 1,000 of these. They couldn't get some extras from the company making them? Is the company making them that far behind on getting them made just to fill the orders to do the cars they have?

its probably just the stock on hand that is the issue. All of the car companies are going nuts on the just in time inventory control, to try and save some money on costs. Extra parts are bound to be available, but probably at the tail end. I ran into this trying to get my clutch and tranny replaced. It took almost an act of God for Ford to start putting aside some of the new style trannys for replacements.

edit: maybe I should just erase all of this post, since coldy got his in 30 sec sooner :hysterical:

Lean Manufacturing?

I have a GT500, why do I need a KR? I don't! so does that mean I don't have a brain :censored:

..careful Rod, we might put that to a vote.. :hysterical:

Probably best to not try to argue the whole issue; we all agree that spare parts are a good idea; but some would like to think that spare parts should be just lying around, when parts availability is most likely why it has taken so long to get these out the door. Can't have it both ways. Patience on the front end (production), or patience on the back (extra parts), no way that you will get things right away on both ends of the process. :doh:

its probably just the stock on hand that is the issue. All of the car companies are going nuts on the just in time inventory control, to try and save some money on costs. Extra parts are bound to be available, but probably at the tail end. I ran into this trying to get my clutch and tranny replaced. It took almost an act of God for Ford to start putting aside some of the new style trannys for replacements.

edit: maybe I should just erase all of this post, since coldy got his in 30 sec sooner :hysterical:

Just in time???? :hysterical:

I can understand the dumb logic the manufacturers use to schedule parts where they come in just in time, but this car has already been delayed. So shouldn't those parts have been there sitting already? Or were these particular parts they were waiting on that was part of the hold up?

And using a just in time system you will think they would still get a few extras during each shipment knowing that parts can get damaged during shipping, during production, not to mention some being damaged shortly after delivery.

So what happens if a transport driver damages one? The dealer is stuck with the car sitting on their floorplan for months because they can't get a part?

I guess the manufacturers feel it is better to just piss off their customers than spend a few extra dollars on making sure they have a handful of extra parts on hand so if something happens they can replace it.

My point is that in my business, if I responded that parts simply aren't available, I would most likely never have the chance to provide product to them in the future. Every product we produce is 100% custom. To tell them that we simply can't help them, would result in a probable termination of the working relationship.

Like I said, wish I could just tell my customers that.

HSURB

Archived