TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gt500KR Damaged already #53 tribute car

68S08KR

Just in time???? :hysterical:

I can understand the dumb logic the manufacturers use to schedule parts where they come in just in time, but this car has already been delayed. So shouldn't those parts have been there sitting already? Or were these particular parts they were waiting on that was part of the hold up?

And using a just in time system you will think they would still get a few extras during each shipment knowing that parts can get damaged during shipping, during production, not to mention some being damaged shortly after delivery.

So what happens if a transport driver damages one? The dealer is stuck with the car sitting on their floorplan for months because they can't get a part?

I guess the manufacturers feel it is better to just piss off their customers than spend a few extra dollars on making sure they have a handful of extra parts on hand so if something happens they can replace it.

SD

very valid points; some manufacturers try to cut it too close, and end up in a failure mode. I think that is part of the reason we all just said to paint a regular one and wait on a replacement. Apparently this is one of the pieces that there are no spares for. I imagine that the same issue exists for some of the other variations being put together by SAI (SS, GT, 40th) We have just not heard as much about it. Sometimes it is better to just pragmatically work around an issue, than to rail about it to no positive effect.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone here try to get a Playstation 3? How about a WII? They built way more than 1000s units and they didnt have any EXTRA at christmas. SAI didnt say they wouldnt have them, but they are on BACK ORDER! Every company has this happen. I hate that he broke the CF splitter, but to get upset with SAI because they dont have spare parts yet is insane.

Lets give him some ideas on how to fix his problem (factory splitter is a great idea) and lay off SAI for not having SPARE parts yet.

michael morris

My point is that in my business, if I responded that parts simply aren't available, I would most likely never have the chance to provide product to them in the future. Every product we produce is 100% custom. To tell them that we simply can't help them, would result in a probable termination of the working relationship.

Like I said, wish I could just tell my customers that.

HSURB

I guess we need to ask if those are "his" words or the "exact" words they used & by who? Sometimes folks twist the words a little or replace a word or two because they are upset.

Anyone here try to get a Playstation 3? How about a WII? They built way more than 1000s units and they didnt have any EXTRA at christmas. SAI didnt say they wouldnt have them, but they are on BACK ORDER! Every company has this happen. I hate that he broke the CF splitter, but to get upset with SAI because they dont have spare parts yet is insane.

Lets give him some ideas on how to fix his problem (factory splitter is a great idea) and lay off SAI for not having SPARE parts yet.

michael morris

They didn't have any extra WHOLE units just like they are limiting the number of cars. They won't have any extra cars either. But I do recall seeing lots of different games and accessories being sold for PS3 and WII.

There were lots of sites promoting the PS3 and WII games and everytime I checked they didn't have the actual game, but they had lots of different accessories and games you could buy that go to the PS3 and WII game.

Maybe car manufacturers were learning from seeing that? Hmmm....lots of parts for those games but no games are available. OK, we won't make lots of parts until after we make all the cars first! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Or maybe it was the toy manufacturers learning from the auto industry? Look, they have cars being built but no parts available! OK, we are going to make parts first then offer more games. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

They didn't have any extra WHOLE units just like they are limiting the number of cars. They won't have any extra cars either. But I do recall seeing lots of different games and accessories being sold for PS3 and WII. There were lots of sites promoting the PS3 and WII games and everytime I checked they didn't have the actual game, but they had lots of different accessories and games you could buy that go to the PS3 and WII game. Maybe car manufacturers were learning from seeing that? Hmmm....lots of parts for those games but no games are available. OK, we won't make lots of parts until after we make all the cars first!  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical: Or maybe it was the toy manufacturers learning from the auto industry? Look, they have cars being built but no parts available! OK, we are going to make parts first then offer more games.  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:
Did yall run out of parts on the Recall for the cruise control? We did. Ford couldnt make them fast enough. They knew about how many cars they were going to have to fix, but they still didnt have enough parts. These things happen. I wish we could 20 Foci, but Ford didnt make enough. We talked about the what holds the GT500 production up. Its the engine. Ford can build only so many a week or month. That might be the same thing with the CF splitter. I know the CF hood on the KR is one of the BIG holdups on the car. Ford is getting the hoods for SAI to put on the KR, but they cant get them fast enough. Is this SAI fault?I just dont think everything that happens should be blamed on SAI. I dont think they are perfect, but I dont think they are at fault for EVERYTHING!!!!

michael morris

SD, to answer one of your questions, the SS CF splitters is different than the KR's. Having said that, perhaps 68S08KR could reconnect with SAI and ask them to send out a SS CF splitter in lieu of the KR splitter until they are available.

Frankly, IMO the SS CF splitter looks quite a bit better than the KR's.

Everyone has a right to express their opinions, but I am astonished at how fast some choose to attack the car's infrastructure, specifically SAI. The KR is a niche vehicle for Ford, and Ford is relying on small manufacturers to make the components that go into the car, and the CF splitter is one of those components. The supply chain for most/all manufacturers has a few links missing since many are downsizing due to the rising cost of energy and subsequently their manufacturing materials too. Most companies, whether they have large contracts or not, are operating lean and mean nowadays, and that's one of the reasons why there are no extra parts for the KR at this time.

Car number 53 was the very first car to be delivered to a customer, and as I understand it not too many more have "left the building" so to speak. I'm very sorry to hear that the car sustained damage, but shit happens and sometimes we have to be patient to have things the way we want them to be. Frankly, I am of the opinion that this family has much more important things to be worried about than a damaged CF splitter regardless of now much they actually paid for their car.

BTW, one last point...If anyone of us went out and spent $400,000 for a Rolls Royce Drop Head Coupe', and it got damaged, even a small part on it, it would take no less than 8 months to get a replacement part for that car. The same thing applies to the McLaren Mercedes too and that's a 1 MILLION dollar car.

+1

Did you take one of my COLDY CHILL PILLS? you sound like me now.... :hysterical2:

Who Me? I guess that I'm just getting more Zen in my old age. I'm trying to apply more logic than emotion on this chicken $#!+ stuff, besides, at the end of the day, the problem is someone else’s, not mine, yours, or anyone else’s other than the car's owner, so why continue or get wrapped up in the controversy?

Jeez, you're right, I am begining to sound like you. AHHHHHHHH! :hysterical:

(mellow personalty copyrighted by CWH, all rights reserved)

Frankly, I am of the opinion that this family has much more important things to be worried about than a damaged CF splitter regardless of now much they actually paid for their car.

For those who know me, you'll be surprised to hear this, but...

I agree.

:hysterical:

It's not like the car can't be driven. It wasn't the engine. The hood didn't get destroyed. It's a small CF piece that can be replaced with something else (the standard GT500 splitter) until the CF version is available.

While it sucks that replacement parts aren't available yet, shouldn't we harp more on the fact that COMPLETE KR's still aren't rolling off the line beyond the few we've heard about?? :slapfight: If we want to bitch, let's at least bitch about something of substance!

:hysterical2:

+1

Did you take one of my COLDY CHILL PILLS? you sound like me now.... :hysterical2:

Hey guys i appreciate all the input, some silly, some good I am disapointed that they SAI don`t have any extra splitters laying around but this is a limited production car and they are trying to keep everyone happy from what i understand ,but you can`t please everyone all the time!! This is what Amy told me " right now i have no extra due to the fact i have to get the cars out, check with Bud he will call you when we have an extra" SAI-BUD says "I am not part of the KR deal, but i do know that the parts are tight and the part amounts we have are allocated meaning if we do 1000 cars we get 1000 parts I do not think we will have any extras" those were Bud and Amys words to me when i pm`d them!! will the Gt500 splitter fasten on to the KR? if you have seen a KR splitter the sides are about 1-1/2 feet long extending under the car on both outside corners quite a few screws holding it on, will i have to drill any extra holes to hold it on because i don`t really want to do that!! What about the SS splitter same ? What i paid for our car is not what is important right now, and never will be!! this car was bought as a tribute to my wife Shelly for all that she has done for me!!! and to make as many memories with her and my son Corey as we can! We all need to keep in perspective just what is really important to us and for me that is to support my wife and help her in any way that i can during this illness and to repay Her for all that she has done for me and my family, granted our car is special and for that reason this is a special car for a very special person!!!! At car shows and wherever we meet people we want to help them make memories also, by that i mean we let people sit in our car if they want to and get their picture taken also! we have let 5 young ladies named Shelby or Shelbi sit in our car and get their pictures taken , one even talked their dad into buying them a mustang GT because thats all Shelbi talked about after we let her sit in our car. At the car show we went to sat. (before the damage) another young lady wanted to sit in it also and we let her and when i told her about my wifes condition she started crying and then wanted us in the picture with her!!! one of my mustang buddies wanted to drive our car and i let him, with me in the pass seat of course, it was his 30th birthday and he said he would always remember how we made his birthday so very special!!! so you see what i mean about making memories for us and for others! a car like this is made to be shared and driven not stored in a airtight bag!!! we now have almost 2000 miles on our car!! (very special times) ohh by the way the lower bumper cover is pushed back and one of the flat clips on the grill is pushed out of position, just needs to be pop`d back in to place, no damage there!! I don`t mean to sound like im preaching but just trying to get a point across! Im here asking for help and for how anybody else thinks i should handle this and for that i am gratefull that you are all helpfull people in your own way!!! sorry im so long wind`d, it`s hard to express your thoughts and feelings with out going into details!post-21594-1216785179.jpg Thanks All!! Jon Karmann ( Tribute car #53)

post-21594-1216785179.jpg

This is what Amy told me " right now i have no extra due to the fact i have to get the cars out, check with Bud he will call you when we have an extra" SAI-BUD says "I am not part of the KR deal, but i do know that the parts are tight and the part amounts we have are allocated meaning if we do 1000 cars we get 1000 parts I do not think we will have any extras" those were Bud and Amys words to me when i pm`d them!!

MY POST IS RETRACTED, in light of Bud and Amy's posts below

walc/Lee

Hey guys i appreciate all the input, some silly, some good I am disapointed that they SAI don`t have any extra splitters laying around but this is a limited production car and they are trying to keep everyone happy from what i understand ,but you can`t please everyone all the time!! This is what Amy told me " right now i have no extra due to the fact i have to get the cars out, check with Bud he will call you when we have an extra" SAI-BUD says "I am not part of the KR deal, but i do know that the parts are tight and the part amounts we have are allocated meaning if we do 1000 cars we get 1000 parts I do not think we will have any extras" those were Bud and Amys words to me when i pm`d them!! will the Gt500 splitter fasten on to the KR? if you have seen a KR splitter the sides are about 1-1/2 feet long extending under the car on both outside corners quite a few screws holding it on, will i have to drill any extra holes to hold it on because i don`t really want to do that!! What about the SS splitter same ? What i paid for our car is not what is important right now, and never will be!! this car was bought as a tribute to my wife Shelly for all that she has done for me!!! and to make as many memories with her and my son Corey as we can! We all need to keep in perspective just what is really important to us and for me that is to support my wife and help her in any way that i can during this illness and to repay Her for all that she has done for me and my family, granted our car is special and for that reason this is a special car for a very special person!!!! At car shows and wherever we meet people we want to help them make memories also, by that i mean we let people sit in our car if they want to and get their picture taken also! we have let 5 young ladies named Shelby or Shelbi sit in our car and get their pictures taken , one even talked their dad into buying them a mustang GT because thats all Shelbi talked about after we let her sit in our car. At the car show we went to sat. (before the damage) another young lady wanted to sit in it also and we let her and when i told her about my wifes condition she started crying and then wanted us in the picture with her!!! one of my mustang buddies wanted to drive our car and i let him, with me in the pass seat of course, it was his 30th birthday and he said he would always remember how we made his birthday so very special!!! so you see what i mean about making memories for us and for others! a car like this is made to be shared and driven not stored in a airtight bag!!! we now have almost 2000 miles on our car!! (very special times) ohh by the way the lower bumper cover is pushed back and one of the flat clips on the grill is pushed out of position, just needs to be pop`d back in to place, no damage there!! I don`t mean to sound like im preaching but just trying to get a point across! Im here asking for help and for how anybody else thinks i should handle this and for that i am gratefull that you are all helpfull people in your own way!!! sorry im so long wind`d, it`s hard to express your thoughts and feelings with out going into details!post-21594-1216785179.jpg Thanks All!! Jon Karmann ( Tribute car #53)

I have been up close and personal with a KR and while the SS splitter and the KR splitter are different, the difference is only in how the sides curl up into the front of the wheel wells. The SS spliter has a smoother contur and the KR's turns abruptly vertical. But in spite of that specific and only difference, both splitters appear to be identical in size and I would be quite suprised if the SS splitter did not utilize the same mounting positions as the KR's splitter does and I don't think that you would have to drill additional holes to mount one.

Some of the responses to this issue are unbelievable. These cars are ultra high performance vehicles certain to be driven aggressively and therefore have a greater probability of damage. Is there anyone at SAI with this minimal level of foresight? Apparently not. There is obviously a need for replacement parts from the word go and their refusal to provide them can not be rationally justified.

Lose the :censored: negativity would ya! SAI NEVER REFUSED TO PROVIDE THEM!

They explained to him why he couldn't get it sent to him right now. With the low production numbers I highly doubt you'll see these cars "driven aggressively" on a daily or weekly bases or even see a track; therefore they will have a less likehood of probability of seeing ANY damage!

Hey guys i appreciate all the input, some silly, some good I am disapointed that they SAI don`t have any extra splitters laying around but this is a limited production car and they are trying to keep everyone happy from what i understand ,but you can`t please everyone all the time!! This is what Amy told me " right now i have no extra due to the fact i have to get the cars out, check with Bud he will call you when we have an extra" SAI-BUD says "I am not part of the KR deal, but i do know that the parts are tight and the part amounts we have are allocated meaning if we do 1000 cars we get 1000 parts I do not think we will have any extras" those were Bud and Amys words to me when i pm`d them!! will the Gt500 splitter fasten on to the KR? if you have seen a KR splitter the sides are about 1-1/2 feet long extending under the car on both outside corners quite a few screws holding it on, will i have to drill any extra holes to hold it on because i don`t really want to do that!! What about the SS splitter same ? What i paid for our car is not what is important right now, and never will be!! this car was bought as a tribute to my wife Shelly for all that she has done for me!!! and to make as many memories with her and my son Corey as we can! We all need to keep in perspective just what is really important to us and for me that is to support my wife and help her in any way that i can during this illness and to repay Her for all that she has done for me and my family, granted our car is special and for that reason this is a special car for a very special person!!!! At car shows and wherever we meet people we want to help them make memories also, by that i mean we let people sit in our car if they want to and get their picture taken also! we have let 5 young ladies named Shelby or Shelbi sit in our car and get their pictures taken , one even talked their dad into buying them a mustang GT because thats all Shelbi talked about after we let her sit in our car. At the car show we went to sat. (before the damage) another young lady wanted to sit in it also and we let her and when i told her about my wifes condition she started crying and then wanted us in the picture with her!!! one of my mustang buddies wanted to drive our car and i let him, with me in the pass seat of course, it was his 30th birthday and he said he would always remember how we made his birthday so very special!!! so you see what i mean about making memories for us and for others! a car like this is made to be shared and driven not stored in a airtight bag!!! we now have almost 2000 miles on our car!! (very special times) ohh by the way the lower bumper cover is pushed back and one of the flat clips on the grill is pushed out of position, just needs to be pop`d back in to place, no damage there!! I don`t mean to sound like im preaching but just trying to get a point across! Im here asking for help and for how anybody else thinks i should handle this and for that i am gratefull that you are all helpfull people in your own way!!! sorry im so long wind`d, it`s hard to express your thoughts and feelings with out going into details!phpiwG3pLPM.jpg Thanks All!! Jon Karmann ( Tribute car #53)

these are wonderful cars!!! and everybody here understands how special it is to your family!! and i am personally glad that you are driving and sharing it wherever you go!! :happy feet:

and there will be parts available in the future, but some customers are not quite so lucky to get their cars yet and some of them have had big deposits down for almost a year and they are way more frustrated than you can imagine!!

Hey guys i appreciate all the input, some silly, some good I am disapointed that they SAI don`t have any extra splitters laying around but this is a limited production car and they are trying to keep everyone happy from what i understand ,but you can`t please everyone all the time!! This is what Amy told me " right now i have no extra due to the fact i have to get the cars out, check with Bud he will call you when we have an extra" SAI-BUD says "I am not part of the KR deal, but i do know that the parts are tight and the part amounts we have are allocated meaning if we do 1000 cars we get 1000 parts I do not think we will have any extras" those were Bud and Amys words to me when i pm`d them!!

Hi Jon,

I think that the rest of the PM went something like, "but I will talk to Amy and see what we can do to help you out", or something close to that. We never said no, we could not sell you the splitter. We just could not sell it at that moment. Yes, we are still working on something that can help you out. But it takes a little time to develope. I do understand that you are upset and that the vehicle ran over something and damaged it. We all (SAI) try to help out as best as we can when we can. And yes, a stock GT500 front splitter will fit on the front. You could install one until we work out something for the c/f splitter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I could go into big detail on this, but I will not. I will go into it a little bit because it was brought out into the forums, where it should have been dealt with in private emails.

When the parts come in for these vehicle's, we do not get 1000 splitters, 4000 wheels etc at one time. They come in shipments of so many parts at a time. Plus, we just to not have the room to stock that many parts at one time. 4,000 wheels and tires take up a lot of room.

Now, is this issue over about trying to help out John in getting a new splitter? No. With a special car like this, it does take a little time to try and help out the customer. And yes, it is a limited production vehicle. Will there be extra parts down the road for this vehicle for situations like this? You bet. But right now the demand is greater than the supply.

I hope that this helps in trying to clear up this issue.

Bud

Hi Guys we went to a car show sat. 90 miles from home and on the way home at 11:30 pm going about 50 mph on a 2 lane hiway (always extra careful driving late at nite) and a gator up and bit a chunk out of the splitter it couldn`t be avoided to much traffic to swerve and avoid it, talk about ruining the rest of the drive home and still really bummed about it, the wife says it a good thing she wasn`t driving SO THIS IS THE SITUATION AMY AND BUD SAY THAT THERE ARE NO SPARE PARTS FOR THE KR BECAUSE THEY NEED ALL THEY CAN GET TO GET THE REST OF YOUR GUYS CARS BUILT - TALK ABOUT A SLAP IN THE FACE !!! I begged nicely but it didn`t help so now we are SOL anybody have any suggestions of what we should do?? How does a person show a car with a damaged part? HELP!!! Jon!phpDWl1dEPM.jpg

Jon, WOW!!!!! How dare you!!! We did herculean effort to get you that car for Shelly. We rushed it up ahead of everyone elses, for Shelly, and you come on my site and say "we slapped you in the face???

This is the most unbelievable thing I have ever seen. The KR is late, and you what me to now take a part from a production car and send it to you?????? If you had gone through the sytem like everyone else, you wouldn't even had this car

SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy

By the way, we don't do "just in time Supply" we always have extra, the issue with these cars is CF parts, so I have none right now. And for the record, I said, Please call bud he will call as soon as we have an extra part" I didn't say go thru ford and get on the list, which comes after warranty list. Which is the way it is supposed to happen. He called me directly I told him I would get it to him as soon as I had one. What is wrong with that response?

I am truely taken aback, I have read and seen many things and this is the most unbelievable.

When I got my SS from SAI I drove 600 miles home and washed it the next day. When I did, I noticed a round dimple in the CF splitter. As I touched it, it was fraying and lost its structural integrity. I think I picked up a rock on the way home. I walked away thinking that possibly the CF in this area might not be strong enough to withstand the everyday issues of driving. If the damage spreads, I will just put the original splitter on and be done with it. The CF looks good but it is not very strong. I have a feeling this part will be in high demand on both the KR and the SS.

And, IMHO, after dealing with SAI on my SS, I believe it is unfair to bust their chops over not supplying a splitter on a moments notice. These folks are ALL about customer service and I believe go above and beyond most companies. I am not speaking out of my :censored: but from my experience with dealing with them on my purchase of the SS upgrade. At all levels I found their customer service to be exemplary. One last thing: if you think it is hard to get a splitter, just wait until someone needs a KR hood.

Some of the responses to this issue are unbelievable. These cars are ultra high performance vehicles certain to be driven aggressively and therefore have a greater probability of damage. Is there anyone at SAI with this minimal level of foresight? Apparently not. There is obviously a need for replacement parts from the word go and their refusal to provide them can not be rationally justified.

Agreed; yours. You have a specific agenda everytime you come here. If the moderators could round up all of your posts and place them in one forum for all to see, it would be clear to all that you are only here to stir up crap and shit on SAI whenever you get a chance. It's also evedent that you do that, go back to your troll site, tell the other trolls there what's going on, and then all the other trolls come in here behind you and repeat the same BS that you expond here.

I have yet to see you post ONE positive comment, idea, or statement in this site so please take your gray cloud home and keep it away from here.

Doctor? My ass; your no Doctor. Hooligan? Absolutely a spot on discription of your personality.

amy, thanks for the explanation on the fact that SAI does not use the just in time method.

for the original poster; I think that you have succeeded in getting a very special car for your wife, and it is very good that she also thinks it is special, and that your family and friends are able to create happy memories with her revolving around the car. I know that I would have a very tough time dealing with a spouse's serious illness, and I do not know that I would be able to come up with an idea like that.

(and it was also very generous of so many others to help you with that goal).

Just do not let a broken splitter, or having to use a non-original one, spoil what you have going. Focus on your wife; the car really is after all just secondary. Continue to create those happy memories. I think that as time proceeds, the condition of the splitter will become very unimportant. You and your family are in my prayers.

Here we go again. One person has a problem, the whole story is not listed and we have a plethera of anti-SAI bashing by a few. If you hate Shelby's and SAI so much then why are you here?

Blah, blah, blah, stupid SAI, blah, blah, blah, unprofessional.

This is getting old.

The amount of threads I have to ignore when coming on here is getting too long to keep up with......

I guess I'll include this one as well.

Here we go again. One person has a problem, the whole story is not listed and we have a plethera of anti-SAI bashing by a few. If you hate Shelby's and SAI so much then why are you here?

Blah, blah, blah, stupid SAI, blah, blah, blah, unprofessional.

This is getting old.

The amount of threads I have to ignore when coming on here is getting too long to keep up with......

I guess I'll include this one as well.

Stump havent you figured out that its ALWAYS SAIs fault for some of these guys! :hysterical:

Thanks for the explaination Miss Amy and Bud.

I have been with a customer when he picked his car up at SAI and I have been dealing with them for over a year now. They will do anything in thier power to help get something resolved.

michael morris

Same old people bitching up a storm, and they are not future KR owners. :lastyear:

I would much rather hear when my car might be available. :happy feet:

Anything you can share on how many are being built a week now, the PDS is killing me. I do understand supply and demand and am not going to pounce on anyone for the answer. I promise and pinky swear too.

Archived