TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1st Post

markhudd

Hello all! My first post here. Like most of you, I've been a Mustang enthusiast for many years. I've owned a '97 GT in Aztec Gold, (anybody remember the color?) a '70 coupe with a 351 Windsor, and on May 19, 2008, I purchased a '08 Shelby GT500 in Vista Blue/White Stripes (Thoroughbred Ford, KC) . I love driving her more than anything else I've ever done. I'm still working on a smooth start in 1st gear. :banghead: Looking forward to getting to know some of you and exploring the group.

Mark H

Welcome, welcome, a thousand welcomes! This place can be both fun and frustrating at the sametime, but there is always good information sharing going on at all times.

Oh, BTW, pictures are demanded, so post as many as you can.

Hello all! My first post here. Like most of you, I've been a Mustang enthusiast for many years. I've owned a '97 GT in Aztec Gold, (anybody remember the color?) a '70 coupe with a 351 Windsor, and on May 19, 2008, I purchased a '08 Shelby GT500 in Vista Blue/White Stripes (Thoroughbred Ford, KC) . I love driving her more than anything else I've ever done. I'm still working on a smooth start in 1st gear. :banghead: Looking forward to getting to know some of you and exploring the group.

Mark H

Welcome and congrats on the GT500.

Not only do I remember Aztec Gold I have a customer that bought one new from me and still has it. Kinda funny looking color, but its different

michael morris

Mark H

welcome Mark

do you live in the metro kc area?? there are getting to be quite a few gt500 owners around the area. And post up some photos when you get a chance.

W E L C O M E

We all know what you mean about getting use to the clutch. After a few stalls at the traffic lights I decided not to have the radio on so I could hear if I tapped the throttle enough.

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one. I had to do the same thing with the radio. I see you're a proud parent of a soldier. I did 23 years and retired in '03. My wife still serves. We're at Ft. Leavenworth. KS right now. Hooah!

welcome Mark

do you live in the metro kc area?? there are getting to be quite a few gt500 owners around the area. And post up some photos when you get a chance.

I'm at Ft. Leavenworth, so pretty close.

I'm at Ft. Leavenworth, so pretty close.

I live up north, kearney, just a bit north of liberty. work down in kc, ks. give a shout sometime when you're in the city and I'll take you out to lunch.

if you like car shows, cruises, etc, here is a link to the local kc web page that is a pretty good consolidation of events

kc events

I live up north, kearney, just a bit north of liberty. work down in kc, ks. give a shout sometime when you're in the city and I'll take you out to lunch.

if you like car shows, cruises, etc, here is a link to the local kc web page that is a pretty good consolidation of events

kc events

Will do, Brother! Thanks. Do you ever cruise around the Legends? :shift:

Archived