TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Bullitt News

MustangFanatic

According to Brad Barnett's site, the Bullitt is set for a '08 launch. The major question is, what does this mean for the Boss?

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=53501

Correct on the Bullitt. Here's the article link.

We do not believe that the 2008 Bullitt will affect the Boss in any way. We do think another Shelby (aside from the 2007 GT and GT-H) will appear before the Boss though.

We do not believe that the 2008 Bullitt will affect the Boss in any way. We do think another Shelby (aside from the 2007 GT and GT-H) will appear before the Boss though.

So do we believe the Boss won't debut until at least MY '09 or '10 at this point? I don't think Ford would drop two new SE's in '08. Thanks for the update, Robert.

• 1 year later...

From what was released on the 08 Bullitt with the pictures and specs, huge disappointment! I'm all for more and different Mustangs, but a one-off color, cold-air kit, Bullitt badges and maybe Ford Racing mufflers isn't what I would call a new and improved Bullitt Mustang!! There is room for the Bullitt Mustang and for sure FORD should offer a new Boss Mustang, but if it were left to a vote, the hands down winner would be a 2009 Mach 1! All the pieces are there to do it if FORD would just build the damn thing already! I'm biased towards the Mach 1's as one has been in the family forever and even thould I have a 2008 Shelby GT getting built, I'd order a 2009 Mach 1 tomorrow if available!

• 5 months later...

What's next? A King Cobra III?

Ford needs to come up with something NEW and exciting.

Their entire fleet is as boring as the 80's and 90's combined.

The Mustang is my favorite vehicle built, hands down.

HOWEVER, how long are they going to cash in on our longing for yester-year?

When will they start looking forward again and produce something that produces NEW emotions, instead of constantly recycling old ones?

• 8 months later...
From what was released on the 08 Bullitt with the pictures and specs, huge disappointment! I'm all for more and different Mustangs, but a one-off color, cold-air kit, Bullitt badges and maybe Ford Racing mufflers isn't what I would call a new and improved Bullitt Mustang!! There is room for the Bullitt Mustang and for sure FORD should offer a new Boss Mustang, but if it were left to a vote, the hands down winner would be a 2009 Mach 1! All the pieces are there to do it if FORD would just build the damn thing already! I'm biased towards the Mach 1's as one has been in the family forever and even thould I have a 2008 Shelby GT getting built, I'd order a 2009 Mach 1 tomorrow if available!

I just bought my Shelby gt and if ford came out with another mach 1 I would trade the GT in a heart beat for another mach 1.. I love my 03 mach.. There is just something about stareing out the window lookin at that shaker.....

Archived