TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Are bigger tires needed?

idareu

post-20393-1216765285.jpeg that's a 305/35/20 what doesn't look right? i don't see anything wrong.

Tires look good,But I am more impressed with the single skunk stripe instead of the twin LeMans stripes.LOOKING GOOD! :drool:

Then some of will not like the looks of mine when I get finished with mine. Narrowed axle with 345s. It doesn't want to hook now. 305s ain't gina help much.

You'll have to post the pics when you get it done! :) I'm interested in seeing them.

It's not the size of the rubber it's how you.........um I mean how sticky the compound such and drag radials. :D Also I think any tire but the stock ones would be an improvement!

Then some of will not like the looks of mine when I get finished with mine. Narrowed axle with 345s. It doesn't want to hook now. 305s ain't gina help much.

I've seen one done and it looks awesome, going back to old school deep dish wheels :happy feet: Can't wait to see pics!

Once you start modding a GT500 are bigger tires needed to experience the increased hp?

I had a simmilar question that I posted in the 40th anniversary forum. I received alot of good info on the tire/wheel combo question. You may want to check it out.

I think the 345s look pretty darn good on the back....

P4252371.jpg

P4252373.jpg

P5032391.jpg

jc, I love the way your car looks with the 345 tires! It looks BAD ASS! I noticed that you are running 18" X 11" wheels, what offset are your wheels and have you had any interferance issues such as rubbing?

I have my car at SAI being converted to a 40th anniversary and the only wheels offered are the 20" X 9" razors. I want to send the wheels off to be widened to 11" in order to fit 345's, but I am hesitant since I'm not sure about future rubbing problems.

I called SAI today and asked them for their recomendations, however they had no advice or experiance with 11" wide wheels on the GT500. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

HI 500FORME,

IF YOU CONTACT PAULS HIGH PERFORMANCE IN JACKSON MICHIGAN. THEY HAVE ALL THE KNOWLEGDE AND EXPIRIENCE WITH THE GT500 N WIDEN WHEEL APPLICATIONS. GO TO WWW.PAULSHP.COM THEY ARE THE BEST WHEN IT COMES TO MUSTANGS. FORD MOTOR COMPANY THINKS SO. THEY HAVE DONE A GREAT AMOUNT OF RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT WORK FOR FORD. HOPE THIS HELPS N ENJOY YOUR GT500 N PAULS WILL MOST DEFINATELY BE ABLE TO MAKE IT HAPPEN.

SCOTTY

Archived