TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Front Air Splitter

Grabber

Yeah, and when I bought from them, I received a damaged product. All they did was throw it in an unpadded DHL bag. It was all banged up when I got it. When I called them to get a replacement, no one would ever answer the phone and no one ever called me back. I'll never buy from DirectFordParts again.

But just think....you got a good price on the shipping. :hysterical:

Hey guys,

Don't bother trying to buy the splitter from SilverstateFordparts.com AKA directfordparts.com

I placed my order on Friday and it was accepted. Today I got a note from Alan Hughes at the company stating that they are going to cancel my order because the freight to Florida on the splitter is $70.00. You would think that after they have done that to some of the other members, they would change their freight to the correct amounts.

Hey guys,

Don't bother trying to buy the splitter from SilverstateFordparts.com AKA directfordparts.com

I placed my order on Friday and it was accepted. Today I got a note from Alan Hughes at the company stating that they are going to cancel my order because the freight to Florida on the splitter is $70.00. You would think that after they have done that to some of the other members, they would change their freight to the correct amounts.

When I picked up my splitter from the dealer, I noticed the box was the size of a medium coffin. This does not surprize me.

I took mine out of the box at the dealership and let the dealer throw the box away and took my splitter home in the plastic bag it came with because the box would not fit in the car I was driving.

When I picked up my splitter from the dealer, I noticed the box was the size of a medium coffin. This does not surprize me.

I took mine out of the box at the dealership and let the dealer throw the box away and took my splitter home in the plastic bag it came with because the box would not fit in the car I was driving.

+1!

And, I really wanted the box to keep the splitter safe until I need to put it on, but I didn't take a truck to haul it.

I have maintained it would never happen to me because I am always cognizant of what lies in front when parking. However, I failed to notice a cement curb running along the right side of the car. I backed out; turned right and moved forward - wham! I was lucky not to have damaged a rim as well.

So...time to shop for a splitter. From now on, I do a complete walk around before leaving a public parking spot.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Were you all able to use all 5 of the small screws on each side part in the wheel wells? I could only manage to get 3 of the 5 screws in there but I need to find a way to get the others to line up so it fits tighter, right now there is a slight gap between the splitter and bumper.

Thanks

Were you all able to use all 5 of the small screws on each side part in the wheel wells? I could only manage to get 3 of the 5 screws in there but I need to find a way to get the others to line up so it fits tighter, right now there is a slight gap between the splitter and bumper.

Thanks

Chuck,

I have my original splitter on. I have not scraped it yet. The one I bought is my spare in case I need it some day, which I'm sure I will. I have been lucky so far.

Rob

Chuck,

I have my original splitter on. I have not scraped it yet. The one I bought is my spare in case I need it some day, which I'm sure I will. I have been lucky so far.

Rob

I also have my original splitter on (84k miles) and it is totally shredded and gouged! Anyone know a good dealer to get a good deal on one in the SF Bay Area because I am not going to pay the shipping costs! Of course I should wait until I get a job!

Mark / MSB Mustang

• 3 months later...

Just picked one up from SilverStateFordParts.com (linky) for $120 plus $15 shipping. I'm now waiting to hear from them that the shipping is more. If it's much more than I'll try my local Ford dealership. We shall see...

Just picked one up from SilverStateFordParts.com (linky) for $120 plus $15 shipping. I'm now waiting to hear from them that the shipping is more. If it's much more than I'll try my local Ford dealership. We shall see...

Sure enough, I got an email from SilverStateFord with an updated shipping price... of $121.00! Or I can pick it up at my nearest terminal (not near at all) for $65.

Guess I need to hit up the local dealer instead.

• 5 months later...

If you damage your front splitter and want to buy a new one or just get one to have as a back up like I just did.....here is some info that you can use to purchase one.

The part number is: 7R3Z*17626*AB

My dealer sold it to me for: $74.55 + tax. (list is $104.96)

MustangGTS048.jpg

The part:

MustangGTS039.jpg

MustangGTS038.jpg

Just storing mine in my shop attic.

MustangGTS041.jpg

I have been lucky so far. My original Front splitter is still perfect. My back up is collecting dust.

Archived