TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Front Air Splitter

Grabber

If you damage your front splitter and want to buy a new one or just get one to have as a back up like I just did.....here is some info that you can use to purchase one.

The part number is: 7R3Z*17626*AB

My dealer sold it to me for: $74.55 + tax. (list is $104.96)

MustangGTS048.jpg

The part:

MustangGTS039.jpg

MustangGTS038.jpg

Just storing mine in my shop attic.

MustangGTS041.jpg

I just wanted to have an extra one on hand.

I have rubbed the under side once on a driveway at a gas station. A metal file and some sand paper fixed it just fine.

I'm OK with the price.

I just wanted to have an extra one on hand.

I have rubbed the under side once on a driveway at a gas station. A metal file and some sand paper fixed it just fine.

I'm OK with the price.

Soon he'll be building another GT500 with his spare parts...

Soon he'll be building another GT500 with his spare parts...

:hysterical:

I wish I had that problem! Apartments suck...and the girlfriend is already giving me a hard time about all the mod parts sitting around waiting to go on the car....I just added a catback magnaflow exhaust to the floor pile, hehe...

DirectFordParts.com has it for $58.20.

Linky

I'm on my 3rd valance already. :(

That's a great price Rick. I wonder what the shipping charge is???????

When I was at my dealer, I had to take it out of the box because the factory box is huge. It's over 6 feet long and about 2 feet square and it would not fit in my car with the seats down.

I bet that by the tinme you have it shipped....it will be more than what I paid.

When I was at my dealer, I had to take it out of the box because the factory box is huge. It's over 6 feet long and about 2 feet square and it would not fit in my car with the seats down.

I bet that by the tinme you have it shipped....it will be more than what I paid.

Rob, I don't remember what the shipping was exactly, but I know if was very reasonable. The final tab was less than the $82.00 MSRP for the part.

When I got my last one, I just got it from the dealership because I was in a hurry. Had to install it in the paring lot. 95 degrees, no shade, lying on hot asphalt. That was fun.

$12.50 shipping, just bought 2.

Beat up your Dealer and ask him if you can have it for 20% over cost. You will see a figure very close to that :bag:

I have 2 local dealers that will sell to the local Mustang club members for 10% over cost. I'm going to pick up one or 2 of these "just in case" like Grabber.

Luckily my wife can't drive my car, so I don't have to worry about her like Pretzel boy does. :ohsnap:

Hold up on that website!! Just got an email from the parts dept and it said shipping was acctually 50 bucks instead of $12.50. So I cancelled my order. They were nice enough to let me know. So now I'll go do what Grabber did and visit my local dealer. Sorry for any confusion.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
...I'm OK with the price.

A very wise sentiment! You can drive yourself crazy and take all of the joy out of a purchase trying to make sure you have the rock-bottom price. I know, I used to do that. Now, I'm willing to pay more to someone who I trust and can help me because I have found that I don't know everything :banghead:

Looks like the price went up to $64.31 + shipping.

Yeah, and when I bought from them, I received a damaged product. All they did was throw it in an unpadded DHL bag. It was all banged up when I got it. When I called them to get a replacement, no one would ever answer the phone and no one ever called me back. I'll never buy from DirectFordParts again.

Yeah, and when I bought from them, I received a damaged product. All they did was throw it in an unpadded DHL bag. It was all banged up when I got it. When I called them to get a replacement, no one would ever answer the phone and no one ever called me back. I'll never buy from DirectFordParts again.

rpretzel How are you damaging your splitter ? 3 :headscratch: ??

rpretzel How are you damaging your splitter ? 3 :headscratch: ??

The first replacement was from damage before I picked it up from the dealer. The 2nd was from tumbleweed damage. Do a search on tumbleweed to find that story. Then the wife banged one up taking a corner too wide in a parking garage. I guess that means I'm on the 4th splitter now.

Archived