TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Roush Ups The Ante In The Supercharger Wars

ColdwaterHotrod

:eek5: :drop: WOW 700hp out of a GT ummm so do i need to go trade my Shelby in for a GT and spend the extra cash i get from the trade on the tvs then? :hysterical:

No but really all i can say is Damn! those are some Great Number's and I'm sure you GT guys are lovin every min of it. :peelout: good luck getting Traction.

Only if my GT has a new bottom end. Hmmm, would actually need a new block at those levels. The forged internals would just transfer the stress to the main bolts which aren't designed for that kind of stress. The block would probably even flex. I think the Aluminator would be the way to go. 4 bolt mains, forged internals, 4v DOHC, a more blower friendly compression ratio, all for $6500 in long block configuration. That's bang-for-the-buck in my book!

I read that the 3 valve configuration of the 4.6L can only take so much HP before it can't operate correctly. Thus the reason for the 4V design for higher HP numbers.

Ford Racing is coming out with the 4.6 3V Aluminator next month rated at 700HP. They have gotten over 700HP from it. :happy feet:

Archived